Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Gary_Shmotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So i've managed to launch games. I think it was the problem with the rom of the game, not bios. I've tried Spider Man and Resident Evil. Both have weird colors. Emulation speed is obviously bad.
One thing i've noticed, is that if you have white theme, then a white screen overlaps the game screen and makes it total garbage. You should switch your theme to dark and there will be no problem.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

First i want to thank everybody here Dev non Dev , we are all one Community first i want to thank BMonkey , Simias , @x0x0 and many others (some of us was sitting all night long even without knowledge trying to get stuff to work) and its nice that simias beetle psx is now running on the switch

Reactions: untok and Kobigov

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First i want to thank everybody here Dev non Dev , we are all one Community first i want to thank BMonkey , Simias , @x0x0 and many others (some of us was sitting all night long even without knowledge trying to get stuff to work) and its nice that simias beetle psx is now running on the switch

Thank you!

Last edited by Kobigov,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Snatcher (Sega CD) already runs on the Picodrive build.

EquQehj.jpg

Great "wow" moment experience btw, first moments are fully created to hook, you get Roland Audio, voice samples of the dialogue, a great OST... Saving doesnt seem to work on this core yet, but still - it makes a great first impression. ;)

Bios files are needed, and its location has to be specified on every launch. At the moment.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here's the video

*ragequit*

Wow, you make youtube videos about browsing folders, so well.... You sure must be amongst the top three people making videos about browsing folders - no joke! Youtube was made for this. Watching people browse folders they made. Showing you how they named them, because they grew up on smartphones, and now always want to show you they have named folders "correctly".

Before ragequit -

The retroarch folder browser wasnt meant to show you "all files". Thats why you dont see your bios files. How about you choose "select this directory" though, instead of always scrolling over it? In case you fail at the next step (having the correct bios files - unzipped (?)), set up a retroarch installation ANYWHERE but on the Switch first. So you dont stumble over pre alpha issues (meet smartphone user meet "never used retroarch in his life" issues) all the time.

Why not learn on a stable build and system first? It reduces the questions that come up.

Cant wait for the "tell me how to tie my shoelaces" youtube videos recorded on smartphones... Boy - those will be popular. Make sure to like and subscribe. One person already did.

Make sure to come back for our new multipart series "Smartphone users learn to use computers, one youtube cam video with a question at a time" - watch and help them in the comments! Its user participation! Also, I heard and feel its gotta be the next big thing.

Also - watch them play their favourite PSX games at 1/4 of the intended speed, commenting about that as well! When havng a concept of marketing betas (I can haz first and free?!) meets real folks, growing up on smartphones - and insta problemsolvez by friendly bystanders culture.

Put a warning label up "not for general use". Use a BIG font. Use short sentences. Maybe make a youtube video of it.

Sorry, just reacting "real genuinely" to the first help solicitation VIDEO from someone with no clue, but the wish for you to bring him up to speed, real quickly - like. He made a video, because he thought writing in a forum would be "too much". He named it Switch PSX - so everyone would watch it. He made a bunch of folders. Show of hands, who wants to take this one? Oh, I already did... Nevermind.

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

uploading video right now , i am just playing crash bandicoot

EquQehj.jpg

Great "wow" moment experience btw, first moments are fully created to hook, you get Roland Audio, voice samples of the dialogue, a great OST... Saving doesnt seem to work on this core yet, but still - it makes a great first impression. ;)

Bios files are needed, and its location has to be specified on every launch. At the moment.

*ragequit*

Wow, you make youtube videos about browsing folders, so well.... You sure must be amongst the top three people making videos about browsing folders - no joke! Youtube was made for this. Watching people browse folders they made. Showing you how they named them, because they grew up on smartphones, and now always want to show you they have named folders "correctly".

Before ragequit -

The retroarch folder browser wasnt meant to show you "all files". Thats why you dont see your bios files. How about you choose "select this directory" though, instead of always scrolling over it? In case you fail at the next step (having the correct bios files - unzipped (?)), set up a retroarch installation ANYWHERE but on the Switch first. So you dont stumble over pre alpha issues (meet smartphone user meet "never used retroarch in his life" issues) all the time.

Why not learn on a stable build and system first? It reduces the questions that come up.

Cant wait for the "tell me how to tie my shoelaces" youtube videos recorded on smartphones... Boy - those will be popular. Make sure to like and follow. One person already did.

Dude just shut the fuck up , and support dont always write all this nonsense bullshit be for once thankful

Reactions: Kobigov

Gary_Shmotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

EquQehj.jpg

*ragequit*

Before ragequit -

Cant wait for the "tell me how to tie my shoelaces" youtube videos recorded on smartphones... Boy - those will be popular. Make sure to like and follow. One person already did.

Make sure to come back for our new multipart series "Smartphone users learn to use computers, one youtube cam video with a question at a time" - help them in the comments! Its user participation! Also, I heard and feel its gotta be the next big thing.

Wow, mate, chill. I said that i've figured it out, it was a bad game image, not bios problem.
And yes, i'm in top 10 folder browsing pros on youtube.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Wow, mate, chill. I said that i've figured it out, it was a bad game image, not bios problem.
And yes, i'm in top 10 folder browsing pros on youtube.
Sorry MATE -- I didnt notice first glance, that you used a PSX game with [MOD] in its filename, as your first game to test a pre Alpha emulator with.

Sure - why shouldnt I chill - while you make a few more of those help solicitation videos, talking your mouth off about the bios files not being found (untrue), because they arent shown - skipping over select folder all the way through out the video (funny), then naming it Switch PSX (catchy!) - so you get the MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF ATTENTION, for your "work".

Freaking hell. I can see the 20 people watching your video, because they think it would be helpful, already.

Video help solicitation - hey maybe make a business out of it! You could make cam videos for folks wanting their irrational behavior dissected all day! Just make sure to stick to linkbaity video titles, and always act like someone who just touched a pc for the first time, but for some reason has to try pre alpha compiles of emulators that werent ment to be released in the first place - test with a modded iso (just out of curiosity - was it still a .rar file?), and announce a few times, that the emulator cant find the bios files, which isnt true as well.

As long as everyone chills, you'll be good.

Also - dont write two paragraphs, make a youtube video. More people will engage in your help solicitation attempt.

Then say "Dude - chill" - to make this bubble over.

You wouldnt say this to your boss, family - or friend, whos supposed to help you "figure things out" in such a situation, but you'll say it to the anonymous goon, on the internet thats supposed to support you in your efforts to play Resident Evil at 1/4 speed. Huh. Funny how that is, isnt it? Fail, tell untruths, bait, fake, act like a moron, show a real need to be first, personally attended to, and share all your problem solving out to a "random guy on a forum" - you have no respect for.

If it doesnt go over well, counter with - "Chill, or u mad bro?" - because, hey... thats something you could suggest in that situation...

Last edited by notimp,

Gary_Shmotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry MATE -- I didnt notice first glance, that you used a PSX game with [MOD] in its filename, as your first game to test a pre Alpha emulator with.

Sure - why shouldnt I chill - while you make a few more of those help solicitation videos, talking your mouth off about the bios files not being found (untrue), because they arent shown - skipping over select folder all the way through out the video (funny), then naming it Switch PSX (catchy!) - so you get the MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF ATTENTION, for your "work".

Freaking hell. I can see the 20 people watching your video, because they think it would be helpful, already.

Video help solicitation - hey maybe make a business out of it! You could make cam videos for folks wanting their irrational behavior dissected all day! Just make sure to stick to linkbaity video titles, and always act like someone who just touched a pc for the first time, but for some reason has to try pre alpha compiles of emulators that werent ment to be released in the first place - test with a modded iso (just out of curiosity - was it still a .rar file?), and announce a few times, that the emulator cant find the bios files, which isnt true as well.

As long as everyone chills, you'll be good.

Also - dont write two paragraphs, make a youtube video. More people will engage in your help solicitation attempt.

Then say "Dude - chill" - to make this bubble over.

You wouldnt say this to your boss, family - or friend, whos supposed to help you "figure things out" in such a situation, but you'll say it to the anonymous goon, on the internet thats supposed to support you in your efforts to play Resident Evil at 1/4 speed. Huh. Funny how that is, isnt it? Fail, tell untruths, bait, fake, act like a moron, show a real need to be first, personally attended to, and share all your problem solving out to a "random guy on a forum" - you have no respect for.

If it doesnt go over well, counter with - "Chill, or u mad bro?" - because, hey... thats something you could suggest in that situation...

My video was set to be private right from the start, so you won't find it on youtube if you'd search. I posted it here with the context, explaining that i couldn't get it to work. I don't know how dumb you should be, to think that this is a tutorial video of some sorts.

Reactions: Deleted User

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'll give you that. At least you might have not produced more work than you did intendedly.

But then why go with a youtube video instead of a simple question instead?

Answer - because you didn't care about sifting through any deductive logic to reduce complexity, to ask a question in a sentence or two, right? You wanted to source that out as well. Lets get some eyeballs on this problem, and just show people how you named stuff, how many folders you tried, and make sense of it all.

Thats lazy. It takes us (including me for some reason), more time so sift through your "help me" video creation than to read a few sentences. It also doesnt help, that we (including me for some reason), can tell from your voice, that you are well over 21 - so you should have had to deal with people in all kinds of different situations before.

Also - by trying to dissect your problem to be able to formulate a proper question, you learn stuff about what you want to know. If even that is missing, you just learn to copy whatever the guy on the other end tells you to do. Again - you found out that "apparently" it was an "issue with the iso" (there are already other people in here who dont care to look up what a bin and a cue file are, and announce wrong stuff about where you could place the bin file in relation to the .cue) on your own, so you did it - in some form or fashion.

I also have to say, that I maybe am not willing to play the "where do I get and put bios files" game for another 200 times, just because retroarch never produced a working support community on their own, and there are always "new users" out there with every build they release. But this time it wasnt even their fault. They haven't even released anything, and this thread is full with people that have no experience with retroarch, but also want to be "amongst the first to use its pre release builds". This is extremely odd.

I can promise you, that I'll be long gone, once the influx of the next 50 people that want "individual support" on "how to get bios and where to place it" hits, but for sanities sake, maybe dont be the guy that has to try out pre alpha compiles of a retroarch build, if its your first experience with retroarch ever.

You'll have a better experience if you just wait.

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

I'll give you that. At least you might have not produced more work than you did intendedly.

But then why go with a youtube video instead of a simple question instead?

Answer - because you didn't care about sifting through any deductive logic to reduce complexity, to ask a question in a sentence or two, right? You wanted to source that out as well. Lets get some eyeballs on this problem, and just show people how you named stuff, how many folders you tried, and make sense of it all.

Thats lazy. It takes us (including me for some reason), more time so sift through your "help me" video creation than to read a few sentences. It also doesnt help, that we (including me for some reason), can tell from your voice, that you are well over 21 - so you should have had to deal with people in all kinds of different situations before.

Also - by trying to dissect your problem to be able to formulate a proper question, you learn stuff about what you want to know. If even that is missing, you just learn to copy whatever the guy on the other end tells you to do. Again - you found out that "apparently" it was an "issue with the iso" (there are already other people in here who dont care to look up what a bin and a cue file are, and announce wrong stuff about where you could place the bin file in relation to the .cue) on your own, so you did it - in some form or fashion.

I also have to say, that I maybe am not willing to play the "where do I get and put bios files" game for another 200 times, just because retroarch never produced a working support community on their own, and there are always "new users" out there with ever build they release. But this time it wasnt even their fault. They haven't even released anything, and this thread is full with people have no understanding about the basics, but also want to be "amongst the first to use pre release builds". This is very odd.

I can promise you, that I'll be long gone, once the influx of next 50 people that want "individual support" on "how to get bios and where to place it" hits, but for sanities sake, maybe dont be the guy that has to try out pre alpha compiles of a retroarch build, if its your first experience with retroarch ever.

You'll have a better experience if you just wait.

can you move your crap to an offtopic ? we are here to work on stuff not to spam with useless stuff

**GAME LIST Which Currently Works with Beetle PSX:

Tekken 3
Crash Bandicoot 1

Will add more games soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2