OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No its the old-retronx-config-issue
Delete your retroarch.cfg
(Or you mixed the "switch" video diver with GL stuff)
Mmmm I think I should add the "Delete any previous .cfg" thing into the OP as well.
This will be one of the most crash-prone things when more changes start arriving.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm I think I should add the "Delete any previous .cfg" thing into the OP as well.
This will be one of the most crash-prone things when more changes start arriving.

Definitely always delete the cfg when updating, it causes more issues if you don't. Learned that the hard way.

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is messed up. I was using RetroArch on a secondary fat32 SD card successfully for about a day, and when trying to use the "close RetroArch" option it just hung there for around a minute. I then pressed the home button to see if my switch would even respond and now every time I boot into homebrew, even after restarting, I simply get an error when I try to open the homebrew loader. My other SD card with games on it works properly. Thank God. I would not recommend using your primary card for this as it has a very real chance of screwing your file system up even on fat32. Good lord. Hopefully this is fixable, but why the heck did it even happen? Be careful guys.

Small side note: I wanted to see about manually adding playlist and thumbnail support for roms it deemed 'unworthy', so I downloaded the PC version and some application that was supposed to help with manual editing of config files. Holy crap. That PC version is hot garbage! It doesn't even let you manually load roms because apparently it can't see them? The Switch version can! They're the same files! It doesn't recognize my controller, or even give options to find it! Avoid the PC version guys; it's a right mess.

Edit: I was quite incorrect about the PC version. As we speak, I am configuring it to my liking. I simply was not aware that, unlike the Switch version, the PC version requires you to configure everything from cores to inputs. Without this knowledge I was quite mistaken to say it was "garbage." it's quite nice that the Switch version comes with these things pre-installed as to avoid the cacophony of complaints that would undoubtedly ensue. In short, do your research, but also remember that every human being is born ignorant of absolutely everything.

Last edited by bluedart,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, this is messed up. I was using RetroArch on a secondary fat32 SD card successfully for about a day, and when trying to use the "close RetroArch" option it just hung there for around a minute. I then pressed the home button to see if my switch would even respond and now every time I boot into homebrew, even after restarting, I simply get an error when I try to open the homebrew loader. My other SD card with games on it works properly. Thank God. I would not recommend using your primary card for this as it has a very real chance of screwing your file system up even on fat32. Good lord. Hopefully this is fixable, but why the heck did it even happen? Be careful guys.

Small side note: I wanted to see about manually adding playlist and thumbnail support for roms it deemed 'unworthy', so I downloaded the PC version and some application that was supposed to help with manual editing of config files. Holy crap. That PC version is hot garbage! It doesn't even let you manually load roms because apparently it can't see them? The Switch version can! They're the same files! It doesn't recognize my controller, or even give options to find it! Avoid the PC version guys; it's a right mess.
I am not sure what you are doing, lol.
Are you sure you use a real SD and not fake china shit?

Whenever I get a crashing error on retroarch, it doesn't report to the error log. Is that normal?
Be happy it doesnt. If you use creport u get a nice dump tho that you can send me

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Can you tell me what PC version you actually downloaded? RetroArch on PC is the most complete version of all; there are not all that much differences between the Switch and PC versions.

Maybe it helps if you explain what you tried to do on the PC version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it +1