Homebrew RetroArch Switch

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys over here talking about FULL RAM ACCESS must not be aware of the new changes in Atmosphere v0.8.6

Atmosphère 0.8.6
The default behavior for loader's HBL support was changed.
  • Instead of launching HBL when album is launched without R held, loader now launches HBL when album or any game is launched with R held.
  • Loader will now override any app in addition to a specific title id when hbl_config!override_any_app is true in loader.ini.
    • Accordingly, the hbl_config!title_id=app setting was deprecated. Support will be removed in Atmosphère 0.9.0.

So you don't need to mess around with any of that title redirect stuff anymore. Just simply hold down the "R" button and launch any title from the Home Screen, and the hbmenu will be launched with FULL RAM ACCESS.

Reactions: Ty_ and cucholix

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ok thanks a lot that’s more clear for me now
Also, if you want to do GPU overclocking - check the log file of sys-clk, at least in the beginning. It will list the title ID of the games you are starting, and also tell you, when it (or retroarch for that matter) switch GPU or CPU clock states. :)

The log file will appear in the same folder the config.ini for sys-clk is in as well. :)

Reactions: Yunkel70

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It will be a log.txt in the same folder.

You have to run the latest version of atmosphere (or at least a very current one). The module and the config files have to be in the proper folders (folder structure is in the zip file already). The switch has to be restarted (using your payload injector - or Atmospheres reboot to payload function). Thats it, nothing more to it. :)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You have to run the latest version of atmosphere (or at least a very current one). The module and the config files have to be in the proper folders (folder structure is in the zip file already). The switch has to be restarted (using your payload injector - or Atmospheres reboot to payload function). Thats it, nothing more to it. :)

Yeah it's not working because I use SXOS. I should have known that when I had to copy the Atmosphere folder over lol.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

EDIT: DONT USE OSX AND THEN COMPLAIN IT DOESNT WORK, THIS MEANS YOU HAVENT READ THE sys-clk GITHUB PROPERLY. (all caps)

In fact, dont ask for them great homebrew devs supportz on SX OS -period. That "OS" (not an OS) is closed source. No dev can look at it, or code for it properly. Apart from SX OS employees.

Also those are the bast er ad s who stole open source code in the past and tried to buy out m4xw's retroarch for an "exlusivity deal" fully well realizing, that they were bribing an open source project developer to go against license agreements (the law). They are scum. They would have sold you "best retroarch" if they could have. Nobody can support them, nobody will support them - I hope thats clear enough.

If you are still a little warped by their "we are easy, we are best" marketing, thats just... marketing. ;)

If you want to parttake in a homebrew scene - HOT tip, dont go with the closed source solution, that takes peoples money and implements "brick code" in case anyone wants to reverse engineer their work to pirate the solution thats only out there to advertise to pirates. "Most easy.." people couldnt have run faster shouting "take my money", as soon as they said "first to market piracy solution". Thats their only real claim to fame, and always will be.

If you havent noticed, some of us hate them with a passion.

Last edited by notimp,

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: DONT USE OSX AND THEN COMPLAIN IT DOESNT WORK, THIS MEANS YOU HAVENT READ THE sys-clk GITHUB PROPERLY. (all caps)

In fact, dont ask for them great homebrew devs supportz on SX OS -period. That "OS" (not an OS) is closed source. No dev can look at it, or code for it properly. Apart from SX OS employees.

Also those are the bast er ad s who stole open source code in the past and tried to buy out m4xw's retroarch for an "exlusivity deal" fully well realizing, that they were bribing an open source project developer to go against license agreements (the law). They are scum. They would have sold you "best retroarch" if they could have. Nobody can support them, nobody will support them - I hope thats clear enough.

If you are still a little warped by their "we are easy, we are best" marketing, thats just... marketing. ;)

If you want to parttake in a homebrew scene - HOT tip, dont go with the closed source solution, that takes peoples money and implements "brick code" in case anyone wants to reverse engineer their work to pirate the solution thats only out there to advertise to pirates. "Most easy.." people couldnt have run faster shouting "take my money", as soon as they said "first to market piracy solution". Thats their only real claim to fame, and always will be.

If you havent noticed, some of us hate them with a passion.

https://i.postimg.cc/hjL7JcPP/My-n****-Denzel.gif

Reactions: M7L7NK7

itsmefloflo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that should work, yes.

I usually find a bin cue with mp3 files or ogg files, mount it with daemon tools, then create image from the virtual cd-rom with imgburn. Just select .bin/.cue as the output and make sure it generates a .bin file that has all the audio included.

Hi !

It's a good new !

I would like apply this method to heroes of might and magic 2.

I try to mount homm2.ins (which is actually a cue file) : I rename homm2.ins to homm2.cue and then i try to mount the file with daemon tool lite but i've got an error message : media unknow or invalid format.

When i open the cue file with notepad, i have the tracks listed and link to ogg files and gog file (which is the .bin file).

Do you have, by chance, any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by itsmefloflo,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Direct Feed Video Captures of a few PSP Games (this time with sound) ;)

Settings can be seen in the video description (Tekken 6, Outrun and Vice City Stories run on JIT (with CPU and GPU OC))

Gameplay is a little worse than usual, the capture device adds lag. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

rick_ff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Could PBP compression interfere with PCSX core somehow?

I have Sled Storm PBP that I've made myself and it crashes in main menu just after 2 seconds of playing CD audio. BIN+CUE (that I've used to create this pbp) working just fine.

But for example Wipeout (+ XL) PBP are working fine aswell.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If you have micro stutter during transitions (where games stream in new content), that vanishes after a few seconds, that could be pbp's 'fault' otherwise - no.

But there is another issue of rom sites out there flogging modified pbp isos (cut, compressed) of PSX games - that were tested to run on a PSP, but NOT on a different PSX emulator. Which means, PSX emulator expects a compressed iso, gets a cut jumbled mess, refuses to work > millennial complains about emulator, and not the jank rom to begin with. So when dealing with pbp's of PSX games, always - create them yourself, from original PSX isos. The amount of people who dont, and then complain 'game not workin' is staggering.

;)

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: lordelan

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi !

It's a good new !

I would like apply this method to heroes of might and magic 2.

I try to mount homm2.ins (which is actually a cue file) : I rename homm2.ins to homm2.cue and then i try to mount the file with daemon tool lite but i've got an error message : media unknow or invalid format.

When i open the cue file with notepad, i have the tracks listed and link to ogg files and gog file (which is the .bin file).

Do you have, by chance, any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Hmm I cannot mount my homm2 file either. Maybe it is a limitation of Daemon Tools? I got it to work with wav files before, maybe the problem is that the files are .ogg format. I wish gog.com would just give us the original audio data, instead of this compression.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU