Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any changelog anywhere ? What are the differences between the Dec. 18 releases and the last ones like today or yesterday ? It's hard to catch up :)

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for the replay, niuus.
I downloaded the emulators directly from the AppStore, so in each emulator folder I only have the emulator .elf file, the icon.png file and the meta.xml file.
Is there any central location where a .cfg file (or similar) is found to save the LibRetro general controller settings?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah, the retroarch folder in your SD card.

Is there any changelog anywhere ? What are the differences between the Dec. 18 releases and the last ones like today or yesterday ? It's hard to catch up :)
It isn't. Just check:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commits/master

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have by chance a list of the stable ones? I don't like upgrading if it will brake some stuff.

I'm sicking to a build of Snes9x Fix94 uploaded, as 12-23's breaks after loading a second ROM. @niuus has a list of working builds, no? There isn't much benefit to 12-23 builds as some are broken with consecutive ROM loading.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

daCuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the retroarch folder in your SD card.

Thank you very much, niuus. I mistakingly thought that downloading those cores from the AppStore was all that was needed for them to work.
Is there any place I can download the default retroarch folder for WiiU? (I checked your GitHub link but it is as little bit confusing.)

Thanks in advance.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much, niuus. I mistakingly thought that downloading those cores from the AppStore was all that was needed for them to work.
Is there any place I can download the default retroarch folder for WiiU? (I checked your GitHub link but it is as little bit confusing.)

Thanks in advance.
If you want to go back to fresh, delete the 2 cfg files in the retroarch folder in the root of your sd card.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Thanks in advance.
That is all you need for them to work, it creates that folder and cfg files when you first run it IIRC, because I don't recall ever having to make that folder.

daCuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to go back to fresh, delete the 2 cfg files in the retroarch folder in the root of your sd card.

Thanks, ploggy.
I copied the retroarch folder that I was using for my Wii, and deleted the .cfg files as you recommended and voilá!, it fixed the issue.

Thank you guys for the kind assistance.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I noticed the latest builds didnt autoload the proper core on boot, has this been fixed or is there a way to make it boot the proper core on boot manually?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the latest builds didnt autoload the proper core on boot, has this been fixed or is there a way to make it boot the proper core on boot manually?

I don't know, but you can check out the GitHub report I made, the devs are very much well aware of it,
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4251

Like, Snes9x "works" with one ROM load, but second load causes it to freak out. Why don't the cores auto-detect anymore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Who watches FOX nowadays? Only reason to get alt-right viewers interested.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Two studio lights for one horror game