ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That easy? :O
Damn, a whole door of gaming just opened up for me xD
is Star Wars: Dark Forces also compatible with DosBox?

I have a score to settle with that bitch from ancient times XD
I dunno, Iv'e only tried Wolfenstein 3d and C&C so far.
Have you tried Command & Conquer by chance :(, aka the only game I'm dying to play in dosbox.
I'm getting a DSI Error with that game :(

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes; alternately you can put the assets folder directly in the main folder (as mainline retroarch has it), and set your path to SD:/retroarch/assets.
For some reason, it's not working.
This is how I have it. I'm pretty stumped.

Attachments

• 2017-06-15.png
    2017-06-15.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 145

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

At least you got that far lol, I'm stuck with this error:

DOS/4GW Professional Protected Mode Run-time Version 1.97
Copyright (c) Rational Systems, Inc. 1990--1994
DOS/4GW Professional error (2504): can't create swap file "."
DOS/4GW Professional fatal error (1101): VMM initialization error [1]

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At least you got that far lol, I'm stuck with this error:

DOS/4GW Professional Protected Mode Run-time Version 1.97
Copyright (c) Rational Systems, Inc. 1990--1994
DOS/4GW Professional error (2504): can't create swap file "."
DOS/4GW Professional fatal error (1101): VMM initialization error [1]
I dunno, you could try it in the pc dosbox version of retroarch or the vWii version to see if it works there.
For me the Comand and Conquer version I have works on Pc retroarch but not on WiiU

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Cut those files out and paste them into the media folder
I had tried that before and same result.

On Retroarch, I have it in Settings > Directory > Assets > sd:/Retroarch/media

Obvs, before I just followed your instruction it was media/assets.
I restarted Retroarch obviously, but it stays the same.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had tried that before and same result.

On Retroarch, I have it in Settings > Directory > Assets > sd:/Retroarch/media

Obvs, before I just followed your instruction it was media/assets.
I restarted Retroarch obviously, but it stays the same.
have you deleted the cfg files too.. just in case :)

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
@QuarkTheAwesome I see your fix for the Stella makefile was merged a few weeks ago, but the core still doesn't appear in the nightly builds, is that expected?
Yeah, I need to make a pull request to get everything up on the buildbot; just haven't gotten around to it yet. Was planning on it after I finished with cores.

Lol I'm pretty sure I did tell you when you first thought of this that the bounty was pointless and would not attract any Interest from devs.
Are you kidding me? What do you think I've been doing for the past few weeks? Bounties work, people.

DSIs are generally something on the frontend, not the core, so we may need to look into that. If you can post a photo or something next time you see it that'd be awesome. I figured out how to use RPX DSIs to actually debug so we can make progress in that area now.

Reactions: lordelan

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I need to make a pull request to get everything up on the buildbot; just haven't gotten around to it yet. Was planning on it after I finished with cores.

Are you kidding me? What do you think I've been doing for the past few weeks? Bounties work, people.

DSIs are generally something on the frontend, not the core, so we may need to look into that. If you can post a photo or something next time you see it that'd be awesome. I figured out how to use RPX DSIs to actually debug so we can make progress in that area now.

Not all bounties seem to be working though :( I've half a mind to just cancel the sodding thing and give everyone their money back. :hateit: I knew deep down it was a stupid idea for me to try to get interested developers on board.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not all bounties seem to be working though :( I've half a mind to just cancel the sodding thing and give everyone their money back. :hateit: I knew deep down it was a stupid idea for me to try to get interested developers on board.
Let it be.

We don't know if someone has actually been working on it in the shadows.
Given that Beetle PSX Dynarec for PPU is something pretty much everyone in here wants, I wouldn't doubt a dev would work on it without anyone knowing, or else he'd be getting PMs and "dynarec when" requests up the ass.

The bounty is there, and people might still contribute to the cause to increase the amount.
And you know what they say, the more the merrier!
If others donate to it, the sum would go up, eventually turning up to be juicier and more tempting to knowledgeable devs.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of us could say I told you so but don't give up yet. Loads said the same with snes on old 3ds even Nintendo themselves. One day someone may come along. Keep the dream alive

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I gave good money to that bounty. I don't want it back, I want a dynarec!
Just gotta be patient. If we keep kicking up a fuss and showing support, we'll get there. Now that RetroArch 1.6 officially supports a few other PowerPC platforms, a new crop of users are coming who will also want a dynarec for their machine. We'll get a new crop of developers as well!
With that in mind, you may want to reword the bounty slightly to be less about the Wii U and more about PowerPC. Change the title if you can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1