Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to create a $40 bounty or so to fix the remaining stability/crashing bugs with RA on the WiiU.

Can you guys give me a good extensive list of the major remaining issues? Also, screenshots of the stack traces on your Wii U gamepad would help.

That can be arranged,

@ploggy
@A Plus Ric
@ShadowOne333

Now's your chance to explain what's been going on.

This is the one I encountered last night, loading three ROMs on Snes9x 1.54 main, specifically
after loading Yoshi's Island (USA) (1.1).sfc

Version: 1.6.7 vanilla
Method: Haxchi + CFW, then homebrew launcher 2.1

etmZtMK.jpg

muVhNeF.jpg

I've seen this one as well.
I was able to reproduce the same error twice in a row, loading Yoshi's Island and then pressing Home to open the menu.

The second issue pertains to the main app itself, retroarch.rpx, causes an immediate black screen with no error code. Once the new nightly is up,
I will test more extensively. One suggestion has been made to give the option to enable force close-content once a core has been swapped.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While they were having that problem though. I was not having it. Just to state it. But we may have different roms and stuff. (I also have mine zipped, they do not)

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well there are a few changes now.
First, it should build properly now

Second, the buffering on config_file_write was changed, it may induce a slow down on config_file_write, but the idea is to check the config before and after the crash, maybe we'll be able to tell were it stopped.
Not 100% sure if the current build has all the changes... the next one should for sure.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well there are a few changes now.
First, it should build properly now

Second, the buffering on config_file_write was changed, it may induce a slow down on config_file_write, but the idea is to check the config before and after the crash, maybe we'll be able to tell were it stopped.
Not 100% sure if the current build has all the changes... the next one should for sure.
ok I'm in the process of doing a clean install with the latest nightly I'll test this out :)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That was a bug that affected things on PC too. I pushed a fix for this now, so within a couple of hours this bug should be fixed.
Cool. So far apart from that one error tests have been going pretty smoothly :) Since I cant change things in the settings without it crashing Iv'e had to exit to the HBL everytime I want to change a Core. So far Iv'e been able to load Multiple Roms one after another with no errors :)
I'll have to wait till the new builds up before messing with core swapping while in Retroarch.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...