Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Ziggyhacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U version, sorry for not being precise on that. The Wii U version still doesn't have sound as far as I know...
Libretro still has sound otherwise, the Wii U likely only has an issue with that.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Wii U version, sorry for not being precise on that. The Wii U version still doesn't have sound as far as I know...
Libretro still has sound otherwise, the Wii U likely only has an issue with that.
What are you talking about?
The Wii U version has sound ever since the second build back in early November O.o
All of the Wii U cores have sound.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for taking my ROM set issues to this thread again, but I have to ask before I rebuild the entire collection:

- Is the FB Alpha 0.2.97.38 ROM set compatible to FB Alpha 2012 or do I have to rebuild it?
- Is there any reason why I wouldn't build the ROM sets for FB Alpha 2012 and MAME 2003 in split mode?
- FB Alpha 2012 or MAME 2003, which one is preferable and why? Should I build both sets?
- Where do the CHDs and Samples go? Doesn't FBA use CHDs?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help!
(Building the ROM sets wont be a problem, I've used clrmamepro before.)

Reactions: OriginalHamster

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm just curious, but has anyone managed to get working the following things:
  • GameBoy and GameBoy Color games through mGBA.. (I get DSI Exception every time I try to load any of them with mGBA)
  • Simpsons, TMNT Turtles in Time and Sunset Riders with the MAME 2003 RPX core?

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm just curious, but has anyone managed to get working the following things:
  • GameBoy and GameBoy Color games through mGBA.. (I get DSI Exception every time I try to load any of them with mGBA)
  • Simpsons, TMNT Turtles in Time and Sunset Riders with the MAME 2003 RPX core?
I've played through TMNT Turtles in Time (tmnt22p.zip) just this second. I'm using the RPX test core from yesterday. (I've tried the same game with FB Alpha, it had a bug in the Neon Night Riders level.)

MAME 2003 gave me a message that the game had copy protection, but I didn't notice anything.

[Edit:]
Wrong ROM name. Fixed.

Last edited by plyscho,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've played through TMNT Turtles in Time (tmnt22p.zip) just this second. I'm using the RPX test core from yesterday. (I've tried the same game with FB Alpha, it had a bug in the Neon Night Riders level.)

MAME 2003 gave me a message that the game had copy protection, but I didn't notice anything.
I also have the very same files (tmnt2.zip and tmnt22p.zip) and whenever I tried to load up tmnt2.zip or the other one, I get the message about pressing OK then Left and Right, and after that I get the DSI exception.

Were you using the 23-11 one?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I also have the same question, it seems there is alot of crossover between FBA2012 and MAME2003, I even have a two different rom folders for each, would be nice merge both in just one folder though. In my experience MAME 2003 can handle more romsets than FBA, including alot games labeled for FBA.

Reactions: plyscho

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also have the very same files (tmnt2.zip and tmnt22p.zip) and whenever I tried to load up tmnt2.zip or the other one, I get the message about pressing OK then Left and Right, and after that I get the DSI exception.

Were you using the 23-11 one?
Yes, the 23-11 one. I got the same message but had no problems. I haven't tried the 24-11 version, tho.

I'm starting the emulator via Haxchi + Retro Launcher.

Last edited by plyscho,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, the 23-11 one. I got the same message but had no problems. I haven't tried the 24-11 version, tho.

I'm starting the emulator via Haxchi + Retro Launcher.
Weird, I'm also using Haxchi.
I'll try today again and see what I get.
I might also give the PSX core a try just for shits and giggles.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I'm also using Haxchi.
I'll try today again and see what I get.
I might also give the PSX core a try just for shits and giggles.

I tried the PSX core from 11-24 (ELF, not RPX build), it doesn't work, sorry to bust your bubble. I tried it and the console locked up :/

Maybe the RPX PSX from 11-24 will work?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried the PSX core from 11-24 (ELF, not RPX build), it doesn't work, sorry to bust your bubble. I tried it and the console locked up :/
Might be your Bios file.
Thankfully I already had all of my bios for a LOT of consoles in the same directory (I even have Dreamcast and PS2, don't ask why).
So yeah, try searching around for the proper Bios, I will also try to see if I can get it to boot or not.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be your Bios file.
Thankfully I already had all of my bios for a LOT of consoles in the same directory (I even have Dreamcast and PS2, don't ask why).
So yeah, try searching around for the proper Bios, I will also try to see if I can get it to boot or not.

But the RPX file Fix94 used worked fine, it was slow, but worked fine, I don't know. I used the ELF version and not RPX. *shrug* IDFK what I did wrong. Damned SCPH550x only support -_-

Eh, maybe I won't even bother.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But the RPX file Fix94 used worked fine, it was slow, but worked fine, I don't know. I used the ELF version and not RPX. *shrug* IDFK what I did wrong. Damned SCPH550x only support -_-

Eh, maybe I won't even bother.
Yeah but you can't boot any games without the Bios file, despite the file format of the core itself.
No Bios, no gaming. That's how some of the cores in RA go by :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but you can't boot any games without the Bios file, despite the file format of the core itself.
No Bios, no gaming. That's how some of the cores in RA go by :P

Um, but I HAVE SCPH5001, I said I had a BIOS file, but the core won't even load, it freezes before the menu shows up. How can I load a game if I can't get to the menu? The 11-24 build of Mednafen PSX is broken. Period.

The build FIX94 had at least displayed the menu, but this, it doesn't even work. Tested ELF build not RPX. So yeah, good luck getting it to load.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Um, but I HAVE SCPH5001, I said I had a BIOS file, but the stupid core won't even load, it freezes before the menu shows up. How can I load a game if I can't get to the menu? The 11-24 build of Mednafen PSX is broken. Period.

The build FIX94 had at least displayed the menu, but this, it doesn't even work. Tested ELF build not RPX. So yeah, good luck getting it to load.
Are you using FIX94's latest build which isn't the Debug one?
https://mega.nz/#!s1RVnBYI!q45chmKv2-vquC3n5mRDJ6YEdbEdWhMl-CtlCpJ_1Xc
Also, PSX bios are somewhat annoying. I read that one of the .bin files is REALLY hard to find, and you can only get it by copying another BIN file named differently and renaming it to the proper name. Maybe that's your issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong