Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the biggest GX2 experts we have are either Gary or AboodXD, but I'm not sure if either of them are particularly interested in contributing to RetroArch, they've always got a lot of their own projects in the works.

Core selection is based on RetroArch .info files, which are just little text files listing what type of ROMs each core can handle and stuff like that. Since the Unai build isn't an official part of RetroArch (yet), there's no .info file for that build. Personally, I just copied the one for the Peops build and edited it slightly. I've attached mine to this post if you just want something you can download and drop on the SD card (after extracting the ZIP).

Whether you're doing it yourself or just extracting mine, copy that file pcsx_rearmed_unai_libretro.info into the RetroArch core info directory. If you haven't messed with the directory settings at all, that will be in SD://retroarch/cores/info.
Thanks

Reactions: Vague Rant

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the biggest GX2 experts we have are either Gary or AboodXD, but I'm not sure if either of them are particularly interested in contributing to RetroArch, they've always got a lot of their own projects in the works.
Ha, That's the reason I don't ask there very often, they always seems to have alot on their plates and they seem a little standoff-ish on Retroarch.
Hopefully Gary finishes his work on Angle and someone brings that to Retroarch, while it wont fix the underlying issue is should help alot.

Going by quarky's comment on the discord chan this maybe where it does a copy-and-swap on the frame data:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/gfx/drivers/gx2_gfx.c#L1931
and zcrc says this is what WiiSX does when it comes to the frame conversion:
https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/blob/cmake-unai/Gamecube/gc_plugin.c#L439
So we would need the GX2 equivalent? (all guesses, tbh I don't understand it) :P

Reactions: depaul

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The info isnt working and my Retroarch is all to latest update also the cores
delete your core_info.cache file in the info folder ;)

1697568397076.png

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
it seems that now the 'sort saves into folders by core name' is on by default, is that so?
for a moment i thought i had lost my game saves for good.

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
friends, this is the mod for the pcsx rearmed emulator, I just changed the name to (Mednafen psx HW) so as not to overwrite the original core of the pcsx rearmed so we can have both because this mod works for the Inuyasha Fairy Tale game, which before didn't work. started the fight in rounds and other games that suffer from the same, so we have more options and more games running :)

Attachments

• mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 24

jappoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry I saw a bunch of video of your work and is pretty impressive but i dont understand something: how to install it on aroma? Why are there icons for every core instead of one icon and the selection of core inside the menu? Is this the only way to use it?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I saw a bunch of video of your work and is pretty impressive but i dont understand something: how to install it on aroma? Why are there icons for every core instead of one icon and the selection of core inside the menu? Is this the only way to use it?
You cant install Retroarch in Aroma right now, its being looked into on and off but it's not finished yet.
I don't get what you mean? Are you talking about all the Cores appearing on the WiiU Menu in aroma? again if you plan to use Retroarch do it in Tiramisu until the aroma port is completed ;)

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,

After Baku Baku Animal on Mame 2003, I test Golden Axe the duel on Mame 2010 and Golden Axe the duel runs but too show... Do you have the same thing like me please ?
I love this game, I play it on my Sega Saturn ^^. I tested it on Yabause (VWii Sega Saturn emulator) on my Wii U but not all the buttons work (I can't use my sword or I can't make knuckles).

Attachments

• IMG20231104095013.jpg
    IMG20231104095013.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 29

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello ^^,

After Baku Baku Animal on Mame 2003, I test Golden Axe the duel on Mame 2010 and Golden Axe the duel runs but too show... Do you have the same thing like me please ?
I love this game, I play it on my Sega Saturn ^^. I tested it on Yabause (VWii Sega Saturn emulator) on my Wii U but not all the buttons work (I can't use my sword or I can't make knuckles).
why would you play this game at 9.5 fps? Jesus, you are constantly bringing up this broken proof of concept emulator every-time you get, people will not work on that anymore no one is adding features or fixing bugs on a broken emulator that runs games slower than a snails pace...

Reactions: AmandaRose

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
why would you play this game at 9.5 fps? Jesus, you are constantly bringing up this broken proof of concept emulator every-time you get, people will not work on that anymore no one is adding features or fixing bugs on a broken emulator that runs games slower than a snails pace...
I have just asked if you have the same thing like me ?
(I know Baku Baku Animal works and Street fighter Puzzle turbo works perfectly).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have just asked if you have the same thing like me ?
(I know Baku Baku Animal works and Street fighter Puzzle turbo works perfectly).
no one tries yabause on the wii its a dead emulator that never left the 0.1 release, why would people even try it or play with it? no one cares about that, you are constantly bringing this up with saturn bomberman every few months nagging people with the same thing every time.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no one tries yabause on the wii its a dead emulator that never left the 0.1 release, why would people even try it or play with it? no one cares about that, you are constantly bringing this up with saturn bomberman every few months nagging people with the same thing every time.
Here I am speaking about Mame 2010... I don't want to nagging you...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Here I am speaking about Mame 2010... I don't want to nagging you...
you literally brought up yabause wii port even talking about mame...
I love this game, I play it on my Sega Saturn ^^. I tested it on Yabause (VWii Sega Saturn emulator) on my Wii U but not all the buttons work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1