Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ^^,

After Baku Baku Animal on Mame 2003, I test Golden Axe the duel on Mame 2010 and Golden Axe the duel runs but too show... Do you have the same thing like me please ?
I love this game, I play it on my Sega Saturn ^^. I tested it on Yabause (VWii Sega Saturn emulator) on my Wii U but not all the buttons work (I can't use my sword or I can't make knuckles).
Golden Axe The Dual runs on the Sega ST-V arcade board. The ST-V board is basically an arcade version of the Sega Saturn. We already have established that Saturn games don't run on WiiU. You have been told this several times.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you literally brought up yabause wii port even talking about mame...
I said that to inform that I know this game exists there and it's not good there, that why I wondered on Mame 2010...
Post automatically merged:

Golden Axe The Dual runs on the Sega ST-V arcade board. The ST-V board is basically an arcade version of the Sega Saturn. We already have established that Saturn games don't run on WiiU. You have been told this several times.
Thank you, but I just don't understand, does it work well on arcade Wii U for you ?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I said that to inform that I know this game exists there and it's not good there, that why I wondered on Mame 2010...

Thank you, but I just don't understand, does it work well on arcade Wii U for you ?
It is never gonna work well on WiiU the game is running on Saturn technology even in the arcades. I repeat Saturn games will never run well on WiiU.

Please read carefully my reply and others as we keep telling you this in various threads.

Reactions: depaul

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wish that Mame 2010 runs great but Wii U doesnt have enough power to run. Even on Mame2003 plus rom too and Switch couldnt even open it too only can play Saturn games on yabausa core runs slow its best if you play on pc will run great!

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you, what did you change to get the game working?

Before, at the beginning of the compilations, the old versions had the option to agree, Inuyasha and Shaman King was only put back in place so that it is always active, it does not affect other games, it only makes these games playable.

Hello ^^,

After Baku Baku Animal on Mame 2003, I test Golden Axe the duel on Mame 2010 and Golden Axe the duel runs but too show... Do you have the same thing like me please ?
I love this game, I play it on my Sega Saturn ^^. I tested it on Yabause (VWii Sega Saturn emulator) on my Wii U but not all the buttons work (I can't use my sword or I can't make knuckles).
I used that yabause from Wii which is not official, that mod that adds parameters through them, each game can use a different config but using it injected into the Wiiu with overclock and changing the parameters the games can work well, Castlevia for example is playable but it would be better If they had made a port for the Wiiu, even nowadays the emulation improved a lot with light recompile wiiu need a N64 core and Saturn core this possible a dreamcast core because we have an abandoned psp emulator but we saw that it was possible on the wii u everything through retroarch would be much better when it comes to choosing games and putting them in alphabetical order

Last edited by Zeox-gamer,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before, at the beginning of the compilations, the old versions had the option to agree, Inuyasha and Shaman King was only put back in place so that it is always active, it does not affect other games, it only makes these games playable.

Have you tried these games on my latest Unai build? (in my sig) they both play fine for me? or do they break some where later on in game?
The option for specific game fixes were removed from the Pcsx_rearmed Core a while ago since the option were no longer needed iirc.

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you tried these games on my latest Unai build? (in my sig) they both play fine for me? or do they break some where later on in game?
The option for specific game fixes were removed from the Pcsx_rearmed Core a while ago since the option were no longer needed iirc.
So the following happens in the latest versions, both unai and rearmed, these games that I mentioned don't work, Inuyasha crashes in the fight, the narrator doesn't say fight, thus ending up in an infinite loop, that's why I made this mod and sent it here just changing the name to no one loses the most and thus has both.

I tested it so I did this and in the end everything worked fine :)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the following happens in the latest versions, both unai and rearmed, these games that I mentioned don't work, Inuyasha crashes in the fight, the narrator doesn't say fight, thus ending up in an infinite loop, that's why I made this mod and sent it here just changing the name to no one loses the most and thus has both.

I tested it so I did this and in the end everything worked fine :)
Right I understand what you mean, when you said crash I was expecting the game to freeze or fail load or something lol
You can report this to the libretro Pcsx_rearmed github issue page, they will fix it there, no need for extra unnofficial builds ;)
https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right I understand what you mean, when you said crash I was expecting the game to freeze or fail load or something lol
You can report this to the libretro Pcsx_rearmed github issue page, they will fix it there, no need for extra unnofficial builds ;)
https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues
Thanks The game doesn't crash, it stays in a loop when the fight starts, you can even choose the characters and such, but when it comes to the fight, the fight never takes place and you can walk to one side or the other, which is the same thing, this also happens. in the emu version on wii
But at least the important thing is now resolved and we can play and be happy

MikeBeast12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no one uses Yabause due to a lot of issues in the emulator so, yeah, you're going have to deal with the PSone Retro Arch cores instead; unless we could find a good core for Sega Saturn...

Good news that we got those Retro Arch PSone cores to try out. I tried the Unai core of the PCSX ReArmed core, but I haven't tried the Beetle PSX core, yet. It might work...

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, no one uses Yabause due to a lot of issues in the emulator so, yeah, you're going have to deal with the PSone Retro Arch cores instead; unless we could find a good core for Sega Saturn...

Good news that we got those Retro Arch PSone cores to try out. I tried the Unai core of the PCSX ReArmed core, but I haven't tried the Beetle PSX core, yet. It might work...
The Beetle Core will run like ass fair warning, No game will run fullspeed I guarantee it :/
Best to stick with the Unai Core ;)

Reactions: ber71

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
A Saturn core would be sick but I’m not expecting it to happen, I do wonder if SSF can be ported to Wii U, it has high compatibility and is not very taxing on the CPU.

Question, how to directly download the newest PS1 core for Wii U RetroArch without going through the process of downloading the whole package? Updating RetroArch WiiU from the HomeBrew app takes forever.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Saturn core would be sick but I’m not expecting it to happen, I do wonder if SSF can be ported to Wii U, it has high compatibility and is not very taxing on the CPU.

Question, how to directly download the newest PS1 core for Wii U RetroArch without going through the process of downloading the whole package? Updating RetroArch WiiU from the HomeBrew app takes forever.
For the latest Peops Pcsx Core, you can grab that from the Retroarch Online Updater or Here:
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/latest/
and for the Unai Core you can grab that from my signature ;)

Reactions: sonictopfan

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I made an issue about Inuyasha hopefully it gets looked into, Shaman King may share the same bug too ;)
Just add the (Inuyasha battle fix that fixes both) or people use the one I posted there called Beetle psx hw just to load the game which can be done by defining the emulator for the specific game in the list

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just add the (Inuyasha battle fix that fixes both) or people use the one I posted there called Beetle psx hw just to load the game which can be done by defining the emulator for the specific game in the list
The fix for Inuyasha and Shaman King are in Pcsx_Rearmed but it broke on the 24 Oct. It'll get fixed soon enough :)

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It would be good too, but the new Saturn emulators are better, even weak notebooks run them well, I think it's because of Lightrec that emulators are having these days.

If I'm not mistaken, yabause and yabashiro have Lightrec
But what you said is also a good idea.

Wiiu really needs an n64 and saturn emulator, even if it's SSF in the form of core and n64, which would be much better than using the vwii modes.

MikeBeast12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing. Retro Arch might come up with new Sega Saturn, and Nintendo 64 emulators soon. Seems that Yabause, SSF and Mupen64 cores; just to name a few; will be in development in the near future. Sega Saturn cores will have a Lightrec compiler, and we can't wait to see what Retro Arch has to offer.

Reactions: L0w and sonictopfan

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be good too, but the new Saturn emulators are better, even weak notebooks run them well, I think it's because of Lightrec that emulators are having these days.

I'm almost certain that only Beetle PSX and Pcsx_Rearmed are using Lightrec.. both PS1 only.
Where did you hear about Yabause? can you link me to the Yabause Lightrec source?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong