Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
While a Dynarec is developed, it would be nice to get the rest up and running.

I mean, just the return of TyrQuake and getting Neo Geo Pocket running are freaking good news.
Quakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I will see if music playing is now a thing haha, research mode initiated

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's in the build bot list, but it's not optimized.

I don't know why the core is still included and why it can't be omitted from the built bot since it won't be optimized or have a dynarec for it.

Are we actually sure there ISN'T anything in development?

I mean, you can't claim a reward unless you complete the task, isn it? ad a PPC Dynarec supossedly takes a long time to code.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm trying my best to play Amstrad games, but always got stuck in some way.

The steps I do (Robocop as example):

Autorun = on
  1. Open the Robocop (UK).dsk from list
  2. Once in the menu screen, press L
  3. The CAT command appears listing the dsk content
  4. Press B to bring RUN" command
  5. Type the game name, in this case RUN"Robocop
  6. The menu screen for Robocop appears, but then nothing happens
  7. Tried with all the keys from the virtual keyboard but nothing
  8. Just stay there Robocop staring at me...
Not sure if it's loading, or waiting for some input, or if I need to do some tweak in options/controller from quick menu, totally noob with PCs here!

Also tried with Guild of Thiefs and it ask for the second dsk, but it freeze the program when I swap to dsk 2...

Last edited by cucholix,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It's in the build bot list, but it's not optimized.

I don't know why the core is still included and why it can't be omitted from the built bot since it won't be optimized or have a dynarec for it.
I am pretty sure they don't care about your stupid obsession with dynarec and they surely won't omit it just because your OCD won't allow you to "play" with that core.

Ooooooooooook. Updating the NGP core from Retroarch makes the trick. Playing Gal Fighter right now.
Definitely great news, more cores equals more games to have fun or kill time. I'll be playing some NGP while GenesisPlus GX gets working again.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure they don't care about your stupid obsession with dynarec and they surely won't omit it just because your OCD won't allow you to "play" with that core..

To be fair, is no an stupid obsessions, but it sure feels as if he were negating all the advacements we're having here.

I mean, i'm the first that wants to play Symphony of the Night or Gran Turismo 2 on the Gamepad, but let's be realistic here, it's something complex and long to code, you need a lot of dedication. We should enjoy what we already have.

We can play CPS3 games ffs

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, I see a lot of new cores on buildbot but still no stella?
That's unusual [emoji28]
Surprise for you in the new buildbot update ;)

In fact , vice contains several executable (x64/x128/xvic/xplus4..)
talking about the vice-libretro port , for now I’ve only done makefile for x64/x64sc/x128/xvic/xplus4 . so missing xpet x64dtv xcbm2...
now there is only recipe for x64 for wiiu and only info files for x64/x128. I just submit a PR to add info files / recipes for xvic/xpet.

I think the one for C16 games is xplus4.
and then in you have to set core option to PLUS4MODEL_C16_PAL or PLUS4MODEL_C16_NTSC.

Wow if C16 makes its way onto the WiiU.. C16 is the first computer I ever owned (many moons ago) and I used to play it on a old black and white TV lol

EDIT: HOLY SHIT IM BLIND lol I just scrolled down a bit further and just noticed Vice_xplu4 and Vice_xvic Cores have been added Wow this is awesome. I cant waitto try these new Cores Thank You Rioray Thank You.. :) :) :)

Last edited by ploggy,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
To be fair, is no an stupid obsessions, but it sure feels as if he were negating all the advacements we're having here.
That's what makes him really annoying. He insults and harasses developers disguising under various accounts when his demands are not met, which halted WiiSX and Wii64 develoment in the past. We sure want some PS1 action, but the impatience and lack of common sense on this dude is downright awful. He's an expert at negating all the efforts that has brought us here, to enjoy so many libraries of games in one place.

We can play CPS3 games ffs
That's exactly what i do! I don't know if you noticed, but Jojo seems to have a weird little bug with some buttons, one pauses the entire screen, while another makes the game slow-motion. CPS-2 seems to be having some sound problems after 1.6.3, don't know if it happened in previous nightlies (kind of low "boxed" sound).

Went back to GenesisPlus GX 1.6.0 in the meantime, working great!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DosBox is in the compilation recipes line 12, but it seems the bot doesn't like it :unsure:
Oh I understand now I didn't know Dosbox doesn't compile in the Buildbot I saw it in the recipe list and assumed all was good. the problem is the build bot is using an old version of Devkit Pro to compile?
Yeah I did see the recipe with the DosBox line as well, but that one is still not being compiled at all.
The Vice ones and others seem to be there though.

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying my best to play Amstrad games, but always got stuck in some way.

The steps I do (Robocop as example):

Autorun = on
  1. Open the Robocop (UK).dsk from list
  2. Once in the menu screen, press L
  3. The CAT command appears listing the dsk content
  4. Press B to bring RUN" command
  5. Type the game name, in this case RUN"Robocop
  6. The menu screen for Robocop appears, but then nothing happens
  7. Tried with all the keys from the virtual keyboard but nothing
  8. Just stay there Robocop staring at me...
Not sure if it's loading, or waiting for some input, or if I need to do some tweak in options/controller from quick menu, totally noob with PCs here!

Also tried with Guild of Thiefs and it ask for the second dsk, but it freeze the program when I swap to dsk 2...

Tried "RoboCop (UK\) (1987\).dsk" and it works fine, at the dogs screen I've hit space , then robocop screen showed up and then it ask for 1 keyboard 2 joystick ...hit 2 and then it play fine.
BTW it's not the best CPC game for me!

For 2 dsk games, I've only tried SRAM2 when it asked the disk 2 , with the virtual keyboard I've hit GUI and then choose the disk 2 and after hit resume.
then the disk2 loaded fine ... but not sure it work for all the 2 dsk games.

@ploggy
For dosbox , yes buildbot use the devkitppc29 and the core build fine with devkitppc29-1, I've asked for an update but no feedback about my ask ...

For C16 , I haven't tried yet with wiiu , only on pc . but thanks because searching some C16 games to try , I have found an old game I used to play (trailblazer).

Last edited by rioray,
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried "RoboCop (UK\) (1987\).dsk" and it works fine, at the dogs screen I've hit space , then robocop screen showed up and then it ask for 1 keyboard 2 joystick ...hit 2 and then it play fine.

For 2 dsk games, I've only tried SRAM2 when it asked the disk 2 , with the virtual keyboard I've hit GUI and then choose the disk 2 and after hit resume.

@ploggy
For dosbox , yes buildbot use the devkitppc29 and the core build fine with devkitppc29-1, I've asked for an update but no feedback about my ask ...

For C16 , I haven't tried yet with wiiu , only on pc . but thanks because searching some C16 games to try , I have found an old game I used to play (trailblazer).
Ha I used to play Trailblazer :) Thats the game with the bouncing ball lol Good music IIRC. If your trying games try Mr Puniverse, that was my goto when I was younger :)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I got stuck in the Robocop screen "See the movie...blah blah", it doesn't ask me to hit 1 or 2... What are those \ slashes for?
Got it working, seems to I had an incorrect Amstrad model set

Last edited by cucholix,

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That's exactly what i do! I don't know if you noticed, but Jojo seems to have a weird little bug with some buttons, one pauses the entire screen, while another makes the game slow-motion.

Are you using FBA or FBA2012? I had the same issue with FBA2012 CPS-3 core but regular FBA worked fine. Heritage for the Future plays great on Wii U without issues aside from rare random blinking in the top left corner.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YES!!
a64adc4b3c0372c63bae3cf7f51b36e8.jpg

I cant seem to get .prg to work but .tap works fine :)
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Are you using FBA or FBA2012? I had the same issue with FBA2012 CPS-3 core but regular FBA worked fine. Heritage for the Future plays great on Wii U without issues aside from rare random blinking in the top left corner.
Currently using FBA CPS-3 in ELF form. Can't use RPX since i am not using Haxchi, so i can't use regular FBA for the moment.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@rioray you seem to know your stuff when it comes to retroarch, do you know how to fix the Dsi Error's some of us randomly get? they are annoying :P
This is the error:
20170803_230023.jpg

Attachments

• 20170803_210252.jpg
    20170803_210252.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He only knows how to flop his dick around in short shorts +1