Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The way I have it setup is:
SD:/roms/mame/kinst/kinst.chd = for the chd file.
and
SD:/roms/mame/kinst.zip = for the rom file.

or basically put the chd file in a folder with the same name and put the zip outside that folder. :)
and when it comes to loading it boot the rom.zip not the chd.
(just don't rename the rom or chd) :)
What exactly is KI? :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This piece of shit emulator doesn't even work! I try to load a game and it goes back to the homebrew screen.

Excuse me? You're clearly doing something wrong with the configuration, everyone else can load it perfectly fine. Calling it a "piece of shit emulator" is not going to compel others to help you out, you know. Calm down.

With that attitude, you'll never be able to figure out how to run it, you didn't even give any kind of information.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no one has any clue as to why I can't successfully start retroarch? I've even tried renaming a core and using the standalone ones but I keep getting the 160-2203 memory error. Can someone at least tell me what the latest working builds are?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So no one has any clue as to why I can't successfully start retroarch? I've even tried renaming a core and using the standalone ones but I keep getting the 160-2203 memory error. Can someone at least tell me what the latest working builds are?
Try deleting your config files

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've tried that but it doesn't seem to help get it working
There are config files generated by the cores themself, in sd:/retroarch/config/ and sd:/retroarch/cores/savestates and sd:/retroarch/cores/savefiles

Even in system in the nekop2 case.

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I took a look and deleted the config files, but I still get the 160-2203 error. Hmm....can you tell me what the latest working nightly/stable is? I might just try a different build

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Could the 2203s be something to do with the SD card? That's really the only thing that's changing between users; I've seen tons of people running the exact same RPXes as each other with different results. It lines up with my understanding of what the error actually means; and explains why the channel helps (retroarch.rpx is embedded, so one less thing is loaded off the SD; thus one less opportunity for error). Thoughts? This is just an idea at this point (I don't have any evidence to back it up) but I think it could explain why certain users almost continually get errors.

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a micro SD card with an adapter. Could that be why? I've also made sure that write protections (that little slider on the side) is off.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Could the 2203s be something to do with the SD card? That's really the only thing that's changing between users; I've seen tons of people running the exact same RPXes as each other with different results. It lines up with my understanding of what the error actually means; and explains why the channel helps (retroarch.rpx is embedded, so one less thing is loaded off the SD; thus one less opportunity for error). Thoughts? This is just an idea at this point (I don't have any evidence to back it up) but I think it could explain why certain users almost continually get errors.
Could be a possibility.
I was having lots of errors loading HBL through Haxchi some time ago, and they happened after I got the SD out of the Wii U into the PC to update several apps and then putting it back.
It was one of those -3/-4 errors on launch, can't recall which one.

However, that lasted for like one-two months. After that I stopped having the issue at all.
I don't remember having it for most of 2017 that I recall.

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its strange since all of my other HBL apps work fine. Heck, I recently installed the SSB4 update through wup installer recently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow