Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When you say frontend you mean settings > input > user 1 > etc... ? Because that are global changes and affect other cores.
The quick menu reflect only per-core changes, that's what we'll looking for invert the y axis only for quake.

Anyway, I tried editing TyrQuake.rmp that's loaded per-core and it didn't change the y axis, also tried editing internal game config and nothing, it seems to me that if the quick menu controller/options don't have a due setting the core will not parse any "fake" (forced) parameter.

Editing the .rpx directly worked though :lol:, of course is not the more convenient "elegant" way since you are stuck to a specific version that will not available when you update the core.
Ill give your TyrQuake mod a try later today :)
Hopefully an option inside the Quick Menu will be available down the road to change this without modifying the general Input options nor recompiling TyrQuake itself xD

Btw can you tell me what code did you modify to achieve this?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ill give your TyrQuake mod a try later today :)
Hopefully an option inside the Quick Menu will be available down the road to change this without modifying the general Input options nor recompiling TyrQuake itself xD

Btw can you tell me what code did you modify to achieve this?
input_player1_r_y_plus=-3
input_player1_r_y_minus=+3

The same lines repeat for each controller: gamepad, wii classic, wii u pro, and hid (IIRC).

bothingspace777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
total newbie here but is netplay supported on any of the snes core of retroarch for the wii u? im asking because i keep getting failure to initialize netplay constantly on the wii u only. android and pc version conenct to the netplay. please help

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there people, been a while since I followed the retroarch scene... Do all RPX cores work as of now? Or do they not really matter in the grand scheme of things? Because the last I saw them, multiple RPX builds were extremely broken. I'm wondering if that's still the case.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

total newbie here but is netplay supported on any of the snes core of retroarch for the wii u? im asking because i keep getting failure to initialize netplay constantly on the wii u only. android and pc version conenct to the netplay. please help
AFAIK, netplay still hasn't been properly implemented yet, and I don't think it ever will. :/ Only time can tell.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
people dont realize that while he is well butching up the psp already made dynarec he is making an actual dynarec for ps1 that is easily portable to all architetures, there is no work being done on a psp emulator for wiiu and lets be honest even with dynarec it would run like crap anyway.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
people dont realize that while he is well butching up the psp already made dynarec he is making an actual dynarec for ps1 that is easily portable to all architetures, there is no work being done on a psp emulator for wiiu and lets be honest even with dynarec it would run like crap anyway.
The 360 version of ppsspp ran ok tbh and that was a few years ago the wiiu should be able to be at least on par with the 360.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The 360 version of ppsspp ran ok tbh and that was a few years ago the wiiu should be able to be at least on par with the 360.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
the 360 had much more ghz on the cpu, the only reason wiiu games look nicer is becuase of the faster gpu since the cpu wich is what emulator eat up is weaker than 360s and most emulators dont give a rats ass to the gpu since they dont make much use of it, its sad but true.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the 360 had much more ghz on the cpu, the only reason wiiu games look nicer is becuase of the faster gpu since the cpu wich is what emulator eat up is weaker than 360s and most emulators dont give a rats ass to the gpu since they dont make much use of it, its sad but true.
Yea I guess that's true. would be nice to see though :P especially with the Gamepad.

gcpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is for the people who have large playlists and find the Horizontal scrolling lag unbearable :P

Before

After

And where can you get this awesome fix.?? It's on the buildbot NOW lol

Can't get it working...
Cant someone help me?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't get it working...
Cant someone help me?

hmmm, make sure you have "Show Advanced Settings" enabled then check Settings>User Interface>Menu and make sure "Horizontal Animation" is off, if it isn't, disable it, it will stop that ghosting and make the menu nippier.

gcpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hmmm, make sure you have "Show Advanced Settings" enabled then check Settings>User Interface>Menu and make sure "Horizontal Animation" is off, if it isn't, disable it, it will stop that ghosting and make the menu nippier.
Hey! I'll try now! Thank you!!!

Reactions: ploggy

cat_toucher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the main difference between the channel version and the HBL launcher version? I currently have the HBL version of some of the cores/emulators.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be my absolute dream to play this on the Wii U:

Does anybody know what's pretending the Wii U version from running SEGA Saturn games?

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country

Does anybody know what's pretending the Wii U version from running SEGA Saturn games?

1st. There's no dynarec so, if a core is compiled, it would be slow as molasses

2nd. Saturn is waaaay more complex than playstation and it requires a more beefier rig on PC, so it could be pretty hard con the Wii U

Reactions: lordelan

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Sega Saturn is a nightmare to emulate even on the PC, the Wii U wouldn't fare any better TBH. You can thank Sega for the piss poor documentation.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Sega Saturn is a nightmare to emulate even on the PC, the Wii U wouldn't fare any better TBH. You can thank Sega for the piss poor documentation.
It's not really piss poor documentation that is the fault it' more to do with how poorly put together the saturn was with its multiple different chips inside ect it was really badly designed. I would be happy just to have a wiiu saturn emulator that only ran panzer dragoon saga any other game would just be an added bonus.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really piss poor documentation that is the fault it' more to do with how poorly put together the saturn was with its multiple different chips inside ect it was really badly designed. I would be happy just to have a wiiu saturn emulator that only ran panzer dragoon saga any other game would just be an added bonus.

Nevertheless, very few emulators exist that do the Saturn justice, and the ones that do, are hell to configure properly, akin to the plugin hell of PSX emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8