Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jump right ahead, dude. ;)
I am quite curious about PrBoom's latest commits to be honest.
The ability to load up PWAD and having DEH file support is amazing, since that would mean finally being able to load many of the Doom mods which require DEH and PWAD loading.
The one I am mostly interested in is Wolfendoom, as that would finally bring Wolfenstein 3D to RetroArch without having to rely on DosBox and the obnoxious keyboard mappings of it :P

If someone knows how to setup WolfenDoom through PrBoom, please let me know, I'd be really thankful!
Wolfendoom is the Mod I was trying to load when I got that error ;)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wolfendoom is the Mod I was trying to load when I got that error ;)
Damn dude :lol:
Do you know how to set it up?
I want to have these three:
Basically like having Wolfenstein 3D right beside Doom in the PrBoom Playlist, something like:
  1. Doom
  2. Doom II
  3. Final Doom: Evilution
  4. Final Doom: Plutonia Experiment
  5. Wolfenstein 3D
  6. Wolfenstein 3D: Nocturnal Missions
  7. Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny
Do you catch my drift? :P
In short words, having the entirety of Wolfenstein 3D playable with its sprites, maps and sounds but with the benefit of playing it on Doom's engine.

KoopaTroopa80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is sort of lame, but is there a way to exit out of the Information > Network Information screen? Hitting 'B' doesn't seem to work like in all the other screens.

Tomassi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahh, that may very well be the case then :P thought I was going crazy..
Hey man, quick question regarding the set up and installation of Retroarch itself. I downloaded and I have two folders 'RETROARCH' and 'WiiU' and also downloaded RetroArch Launcher as well, which I put in the install folder on my SD. Where do I put the other two folders? And do I simply put the ROMS on my HDD to play them?

Tomassi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so I downloaded Retroarch and put the RetroArch folder on my SD and the other RetroArch folder in the Wii U folder on my SD. I load up the .elf file in WUP Installer and it loads but then crashes when I try to load any content. I also installed RetroArch Launcher via WUP and I have the icon on my home screen but that loads up and then instantly crashes back to the home screen? Any idea what I've done wrong?

upsteady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Some fba games give dsi error anybody know why? I play cps1 and cps2 games without problem but street fighter alpha 3 is not working. before it worked.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey man, quick question regarding the set up and installation of Retroarch itself. I downloaded and I have two folders 'RETROARCH' and 'WiiU' and also downloaded RetroArch Launcher as well, which I put in the install folder on my SD. Where do I put the other two folders? And do I simply put the ROMS on my HDD to play them?
If you have the Retroarch Launcher installed your not going to need the WiiU folder from the zip. Just extract the Retroarch folder to the root of your Sd Card, you can place your Roms anywhere on Sd card or USB hdd ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK, so I downloaded Retroarch and put the RetroArch folder on my SD and the other RetroArch folder in the Wii U folder on my SD. I load up the .elf file in WUP Installer and it loads but then crashes when I try to load any content. I also installed RetroArch Launcher via WUP and I have the icon on my home screen but that loads up and then instantly crashes back to the home screen? Any idea what I've done wrong?
You insall this channel with wup installer not an elf file..
https://mega.nz/#!VdB1XTIC!RwtpsGWMMbrkTIO_8tvYRIScwtbF1WOtBlgt33KBuUQ (Retroarch Channel, extract to the install folder on the root of your sd and install with WUP installer)
You want to download the RPX version of Retroarch too not the elf version ;)
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/2018-02-23_RetroArch_rpx.7z (Extract the Retroarch folder to the root of your sd)
https://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/assets.zip (extract this to the Media folder that's now in the Retroarch folder on root)

Once you've done that you can just load the Channel whenever you wan to use Retroarch ;)

Last edited by ploggy,

Tomassi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have the Retroarch Launcher installed your not going to need the WiiU folder from the zip. Just extract the Retroarch folder to the root of your Sd Card, you can place your Roms anywhere on Sd card or USB hdd ;)

You insall this channel with wup installer not an elf file..
https://mega.nz/#!VdB1XTIC!RwtpsGWMMbrkTIO_8tvYRIScwtbF1WOtBlgt33KBuUQ (Retroarch Channel, extract to the install folder on the root of your sd and install with WUP installer)
You want to download the RPX version of Retroarch too not the elf version ;)
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/2018-02-23_RetroArch_rpx.7z (Extract the Retroarch folder to the root of your sd)
https://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/assets.zip (extract this to the Media folder that's now in the Retroarch folder on root)

Once you've done that you can just load the Channel whenever you wan to use Retroarch ;)

Thanks man, I'll give it a go! THese things never work for me first time!

Reactions: ploggy

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm litteraly dying for the use of shaders in retroarch Wii u , I hope someone can compile them soon. In this kind of moment is where I hate how bad I'm at technical stuff

Reactions: enarky

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
idk xD
I just know there's a vanilla vice, and a superior vice-sdl, that's all :P
Yea, C64 SDL has been in for a while.. Lightning fast too ;)

Does the Wii U have SDL cores already? :O
I tried converting those ogg music files to mp3 but they still dont work :( I'm not sure what to do now? :P

Reactions: cucholix

Tomassi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
true, but stick with it. It'll be worth it in the end :)

Hi mate, so I managed to get retroarch working to some degree (although couldn't get WUP to install the channel). I loaded the P-UAE core and went to load the .uae file for content but it just takes me to a grey P-UAE main menu. What do i need to do from there? I've messed around a bit on that and pressed OK but it just freezes?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi mate, so I managed to get retroarch working to some degree (although couldn't get WUP to install the channel). I loaded the P-UAE core and went to load the .uae file for content but it just takes me to a grey P-UAE main menu. What do i need to do from there? I've messed around a bit on that and pressed OK but it just freezes?
Do you have the kickstart path and game path set correctly in the .uae config?

Last edited by ploggy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol