Gaming Returnal hype?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks cool but I'm in no rush to play it for that price. It feels like the sort of game that will be dirt cheap later in the year.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The more I see of it, the more I want it. I’ve been a fan of their games for, well, how long has it been since Stardust on the Amiga? Nearly 30 years? Feels like it anyway :D

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've really enjoyed several of their games. But at $70+ I'm not sure yet. I'd also like to know how the two additional weapons in the Deluxe version work, if they are unlockable at some point in the game or will be sold as DLC, or are actual Digital Deluxe exclusive items. The latter being the least likely, but it's happened.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've really enjoyed several of their games. But at $70+ I'm not sure yet. I'd also like to know how the two additional weapons in the Deluxe version work, if they are unlockable at some point in the game or will be sold as DLC, or are actual Digital Deluxe exclusive items. The latter being the least likely, but it's happened.

I don’t mind the price really, I think we’re going to have to get used to that price point this generation. I’ve a ton of money sitting in Amazon gift card balance and I’m at a really weird, there’s nothing I need or want stage. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’ve a big backlog at the moment, I’d probably buy it.

I do hate when review embargoes are set for a day before release though. Even though I think this will be a good game, it always makes me slightly suspicious.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t mind the price really, I think we’re going to have to get used to that price point this generation. I’ve a ton of money sitting in Amazon gift card balance and I’m at a really weird, there’s nothing I need or want stage. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’ve a big backlog at the moment, I’d probably buy it.

I do hate when review embargoes are set for a day before release though. Even though I think this will be a good game, it always makes me slightly suspicious.

The new price points were known prior to console release so it wasn't any surprise, but I feel the one is going to see a decent enough discount in 6 months time. I don't mind paying the higher prices flat out for something like God of War Ragnarok when it's out, but this one I just cant bite on immediately unless reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The new price points were known prior to console release so it wasn't any surprise, but I feel the one is going to see a decent enough discount in 6 months time. I don't mind paying the higher prices flat out for something like God of War Ragnarok when it's out, but this one I just cant bite on immediately unless reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

I agree with that, I definitely need to see/read a lot more on it before I make the jump I think. Not that I always particularly agree with reviewers (he said, condemning himself, because he is one :D) but it’s the information I can get from reviews, more than their opinion of the game.

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with that, I definitely need to see/read a lot more on it before I make the jump I think. Not that I always particularly agree with reviewers (he said, condemning himself, because he is one :D) but it’s the information I can get from reviews, more than their opinion of the game.

The hype seems pretty real based upon critic reviews, which I don't recall having ever often disagreed with when it comes to a PS exclusive. PLUS it's Housemarque game. Pre-ordered, but not the Deluxe Digital because I saw this:

"Digital Deluxe Edition includes early access to in-game items which are otherwise obtainable via story progression."

Only thing that really sucks is that I have to wait for my PS5 to get back from Sony's repair center. The fan in mine developed a loud chirping/fluttering sound in the fan. Guess my PS5 had the "Model B" fan which sits crookedly for some people causing that noise. Could hear it from my seating position and it drove me nuts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf