Homebrew Reuse an already existin' NNID on other 3DS...

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Howdy... what the title says.
I'm searching if there's a way to unlink a NNID from a 3DS console, and then reuse the same NNID on a different 3DS console.
It would be from an old 2DS to a new 3DS.
Is it possible by any means that doesn't involve callin' to Nintendo Support? Here in Latinamerica there's nothing like that, or at least not in Mexico from what I've gathered and tried.

Cheers!

Last edited by E1ite007,

truedread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is possible, unfortunately. Nintendo's servers have your NNID has linked to that old 2DS. If you format your old 2DS or modify your NAND to unlink the NNID, Nintendo's servers still say that your NNID is linked to your old 2DS. Thus, if you try to link your new 3DS to it, you'll get an error saying it's already registered to a console. The only way around it would be doing a system transfer or calling support, because you can't modify Nintendo's backend.

Reactions: E1ite007

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is system transfer on the system.
Cannot do it, the origin console is my first one and the WiFi module is failing, and findin' a replacement is a pain in the ass (at least in Mexico).
Any other... "hacky" thing, like something on Godemode9, modify some data to get it working on another console... I dunno, something that doesn't involve official means by now at least.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think this is possible, unfortunately. Nintendo's servers have your NNID has linked to that old 2DS. If you format your old 2DS or modify your NAND to unlink the NNID, Nintendo's servers still say that your NNID is linked to your old 2DS. Thus, if you try to link your new 3DS to it, you'll get an error saying it's already registered to a console. The only way around it would be doing a system transfer or calling support, because you can't modify Nintendo's backend.
That's what I was thinking of. Well, then I'm gonna make some calls to find a WiFi card for my 2DS.

ThatGamingAirman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy... what the title says.
I'm searching if there's a way to unlink a NNID from a 3DS console, and then reuse the same NNID on a different 3DS console.
It would be from an old 2DS to a new 3DS.
Is it possible by any means that doesn't involve callin' to Nintendo Support? Here in Latinamerica there's nothing like that, or at least not in Mexico from what I've gathered and tried.

Cheers!
Yeah if you can't call them you can email them or text them I've done this before and I believed I texted them but if thats not available in your area then system transfer is the only way

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or If you new console has CFW you can try changing the serial code (That is what an NNID is bound to) in the SecureInfo_A/B at your own risk to the serial of the old console.
You cant. that stuff is all saved ninty server side. You will get errors if you use the console like that.

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
You cant. that stuff is all saved ninty server side. You will get errors if you use the console like that.
The time I CTR Transfered my console it was enough to change the serial in that file to gain access to my NNID, so why would I get errors if the NNID is only bound to the Console's serial code?

Last edited by Aquadraws,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, new Doctor Who is on tomorrow... Hopefully this season is better than the last.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, never watched doctor who
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well guys, i went to the library today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What did you learn?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I...