Homebrew RELEASE reVC: Reverse engineered GTA Vice City - Switch port

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Came to ask exactly the same, the op doesn't give a clue about that.
...You don't need the exe file, just all the folders...

Also, can confirm that the game doesn't boot in docked mode, but you can launch the game in handheld and then dock your switch, and it'll work.

Reactions: LeyendaV

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When booting up the game in Docked mode the game gives a black screen but when in Handheld mode it boots up perfectly fine oddly.

Also, can confirm that the game doesn't boot in docked mode, but you can launch the game in handheld and then dock your switch, and it'll work.

I launched 3 and VC in docked mode and they booted up just fine. Did you first boot VC in docked mode? Not sure if that makes a difference, but stranger solutions to all kinds of stuff were found...

Last edited by DominoBright,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I launched 3 and VC in docked mode and they booted up just fine. Did you first boot VC in docked mode? Not sure if that makes a difference, but stranger solutions to all kinds of stuff were found...
I've just found the culprit. Its one of the sys-modules, either SaltyNX (most probably) or Mission Control. I disabled them both and the game booted up fine in dock.

SOLUTION: Put your title id (either forwarder's one or your redirection title id that you use for Vice City) into the exceptions in /SaltySD/exceptions.txt

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: chronoss

SimisFul

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just found the culprit. Its one of the sys-modules, either SaltyNX (most probably) or Mission Control. I disabled them both and the game booted up fine in dock.

SOLUTION: Put your title id (either forwarder's one or your redirection title id that you use for Vice City) into the exceptions in /SaltySD/exceptions.txt

Hmm odd, I have no sysmodules at least that I know of. I untick everything in AIO updater except sigpatches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

...You don't need the exe file, just all the folders...

I tried doing that but the camera is not centered on tommy, probably because its still setup as if it was 720p.

The first time I booted it was in handheld mode, maybe that's it? That would be odd.

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll probably just wait and see until the next update build if it'll be fixed then, i'm currently playing thru Vice City Stories atm.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'll probably just wait and see until the next update build if it'll be fixed then, i'm currently playing thru Vice City Stories atm.
Its not a reVC problem (maybe it can be fixed tho, idk)... Its SaltyNX sys-module. Some games won't boot if its enabled, that's why it has exceptions file, there are already some nintendo titles in there by default.

Anyway, the fix is very simple, i see no reason not to use it if you have the same problem.

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not a reVC problem (maybe it can be fixed tho, idk)... Its SaltyNX sys-module. Some games won't boot if its enabled, that's why it has exceptions file, there are already some nintendo titles in there by default.

Anyway, the fix is very simple, i see no reason not to use it if you have the same problem.
did and it didn't work... you don't mind showing an example on how you do yours please?

Edit: Aye! you was right after all!! Thank You! finally got it to work on docked..... well just for Vice City only, for some reason GTA 3 didn't boot in dock.

Last edited by Impossible_Igntiz,

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, both games stopped booting in docked mode for me. I haven't bothered at all with sys-modules so I have no clue what to do to fix it.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Welp, both games stopped booting in docked mode for me. I haven't bothered at all with sys-modules so I have no clue what to do to fix it.
VC boots fine and works just, can't say anything about gta3 cause im not interested in it. Do a clean atmos install and see if it works. After eliminating SaltyNX issue it has no problems launching from dock for me.

ElectricJelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a (potential) bug report for ya. Once i'm in game wreaking havoc, a prompt hassles me to connect the joycons literally every minute if my hardware is in airplane mode. Turning off airplane mode seems to shut it up, though. I'm on latest Atmosphere with also latest firmware, and my unpatched unit is in handheld mode. While i'm here, another Thank You for the hard work!

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With previous builds, from other devs, it crashed every two-three missions. Two missions - save - restart - load was a pain in the ass but worked fine for me.

Iirc it happens the same with Vita and 3DS, so I guess Miami is not quite there when it comes to stability.

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every so often it freezes for a few seconds. A often cause is falling from doing a wheelie on the bikes but other than that so far no issues. I couldn't load from dock and I have cheats sysmodule and sysclk modules but will try docked to handheld later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy