ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm trying to finish my ReverseNX-Tool to support for titleid mode, so this should be less confusing if I make proper readme to clarify everything how it will work.
It will create automatically correct flag with correct titleid folder.
Only what's left is to add creating any folders needed.

Last edited by masagrator,

NextChallenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, then I'm going to remove my post and replace it with a suggestion that anyone in my situation (as outlined at the beginning of that post) can feel free to reply to me in this thread if they want a basic question or two answered.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I use ReverseNX-Tool.nro to check what global flag is active.. it says global docked is active great!
But how do I actually see if the game is changed/ or in dock mode? Like I mean when the game has loaded up etc.

"handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600"

Where do is set these? And is it absolutely neccesary?
And how do I set these frequencies? sys-clk or freebird? or are there even more hombrews that do this?

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Chrisssj2 I recommend sys-clk for settings clocks. And yes - they are necessary, because with those clocks game have docked mode in mind.

How to check if it's working? Try to run a game, close it, go to saltysd folder, there is saltysd.log. Somewhere at the end of file should be titleid of your game and shortly after that something about ReverseNX before titleid of qlaunch "0100000000001000".

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Chrisssj2 I recommend sys-clk for settings clocks. And yes - they are necessary, because with those clocks game have docked mode in mind.

How to check if it's working? Try to run a game, close it, go to saltysd folder, there is saltysd.log. Somewhere at the end of file should be titleid of your game and shortly after that something about ReverseNX before titleid of qlaunch "0100000000001000".

Im asking because what would happen if your overclock homebrew is not set properly or functioning? would the game work but really slow and lower dynamic res? Just curious
Great thnx! Another thing that crossed my mind is " Set the global flag active load up game.. then go out of game set global flag inactive, load up game and check if the game looks different?"

Why do you recommend sys-clk over freebird? From what I see sys-clk requires you to use an "per application config" to be setup. Which is really annoying. I don't want to have to take out my sd and look up title id's very annoying.

As im aware sysclk doesn't have a "global overclock"..?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Im asking because what would happen if your overclock homebrew is not set properly or functioning? would the game work but really slow and lower dynamic res?
Yes.
Another thing that crossed my mind is " Set the global flag active load up game.. then go out of game set global flag inactive, load up game and check if the game looks different?"
This is not possible with SaltyNX, because it's changing code only when game is booting.
Why do you recommend sys-clk over freebird?
Read first post.
It's just a matter of stability. You can use Freebird, but you need to watch out when using it, if you don't want to crash system.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes.
This is not possible with SaltyNX, because it's changing code only when game is booting.

Read first post.
It's just a matter of stability. You can use Freebird, but you need to watch out when using it, if you don't want to crash system.
Ah I ment closing the game and changing the global active flag. Point taken.

Hmm okay so you are saying you MUST set the application id with sysclk in windows config file? No other way around in using it.

m3anmug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually like how sys-clk works. I just enter a #Game name and the title id and set the clocks and don't have to worry about it anymore. Also some games i don't want to be overclocked so i don't need to go and turn it off and on all the time.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually like how sys-clk works. I just enter a #Game name and the title id and set the clocks and don't have to worry about it anymore. Also some games i don't want to be overclocked so i don't need to go and turn it off and on all the time.
It would be way easier to turn it off though then keep adding new games. I hate this method.

ReverseNX-Tool 1.1 / ReverseNX 0.32

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
New releases:
ReverseNX-Tool 1.1
New release introducing titleid mode.
Read readme for more info.

titleid mode requires ReverseNX 0.32+ to work!
ReverseNX 0.32
New release bringing compability with ReverseNX-Tool 1.1+.
It uses my fork of SaltyNX instead of original one because of few things that original repo lacks.

It doesn't bring any stability improvements.

Reactions: hippy dave

m3anmug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be way easier to turn it off though then keep adding new games. I hate this method.
Not to me. I only need to add the game once instead of going in the menu and turning on and off for each game that doesn't need overclock. That way its always on for the ones i need it for and always off for ones i don't need it for. You can also have it only overclock when a charger is plugged in etc without ever having to touch it agian after i set it up once. I also understand why someone would like the other way though.

Last edited by m3anmug,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It looks like I need to change this line in first post. So:
SX OS is not supported (if they will add support for sysmodules, then we can talk).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And for 99,9% they won't do it, because it would make cracking easier.

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried Xenoblade chronicles 2.
On Freebird the current status says CPU 0/ GPU 0 and RAM 0
I put freebird on 1020/768/1600 and switched it on for all overclocking types, handheld, usb, charger, docked.

I check and make sure reverse NX tool is on docked flag global. and it is...

Then load up game looked at it. then went out of game changed the clock speeds back to normal, changed the docked flag to handheld.

ZERO change in how the game looks. I thought xenoblade was suppose to have a good noticable difference?

I looked on my SD card for the supposed "saltysd.log"
But it was not there...
What is going wrong here?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
if it's not there, then you are doing something wrong with kip. It's not in atmosphere/kips or you're using hekate and didn't add kip1 line to config.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if it's not there, then you are doing something wrong with kip. It's not in atmosphere/kips or you're using hekate and didn't add kip1 line to config.

Im using ReiNX. so im not using atmosphere.
The kip directory is in the ReiNX folder...
I have not added any "kip' lines to anything ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, wut wut