ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

Servion12

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all! Is there any way to flag this as handheld or docked automatically? Just like sys-clk with profiles, I'm interested when charging. Awesome tool btw, thanks!

DontTouchMyHoHos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me see if I got this correct on how-to install this. I get the sys-clk and install for the OC. I grab the SaltyNX most current release and since im above atmosphere 1.0 I simply open the zip and drag everything into my root overwriting if need be. Then I simply grab the ReverseNX-Tool and drop it in my switch folder. Upon booting up I go to the ReverseNX-Tool and simply switch games to tab and OC as needed, set based on recommended from first post and that is it?

Numeritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can I setup this to play ACNH in handheld mode but still dock my switch?
My Switch is running 24/7 and I want to run it with handheld mode to make sure it doesn't get as hot as docked mode, but also I want to dock my switch to make it look prettier.

Tysm!

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I setup this to play ACNH in handheld mode but still dock my switch?
My Switch is running 24/7 and I want to run it with handheld mode to make sure it doesn't get as hot as docked mode, but also I want to dock my switch to make it look prettier.

Tysm!
I guess so?
You just have to install it, then use ReverseNX-Tool to toggle between docked and handheld mode
This homebrew is so clean you enable it and forget how you did it

sena_16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In pokémon brilliant diamond, reserve-NX Says the game always running on handheld mode, even if It's on dock. Someone with the same problem?

Shahaan

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I think Dark Souls Remastered breaks something
That stops everything else from working as well, that sucks since I'd like to play it at 60fps
It crashes on first boot with a fresh configuration and Salty stops working until next reboot, but then no game works at all

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm getting an Atmosphere error (2168-0002 0x4a8) everytime I try to set the system to handheld mode. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Reactions: SpoiledAsh

SpoiledAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an Atmosphere error (2168-0002 0x4a8) everytime I try to set the system to handheld mode. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
I have this exact same issue. I've tried everything I can think of but Atmosphere crashes every time.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
he might just be trying the homebrew app which from what I remember will still let you attempt to change it even without saltynx and pretty sure I had the same issue with crashes
Both Overlay and Tool will block access if SaltyNX is not installed at all. Disabling SaltyNX via SaltyNX tool is another case.

That's why RT plugin has magic that if not detected by overlay, it blocks access to options. So for overlay to work SaltyNX must work, because Overlay must pass through 2 checks - SaltyNX check and plugin magic check.

---

You would need to provide exact process how did you manage to break it. Just saying "it doesn't work" doesn't help anybody. @.Darky @virgeofcerberus

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both Overlay and Tool will block access if SaltyNX is not installed at all. Disabling SaltyNX via SaltyNX tool is another case.

That's why RT plugin has magic that if not detected by overlay, it blocks access to options. So for overlay to work SaltyNX must work, because Overlay must pass through 2 checks - SaltyNX check and plugin magic check.

---

You would need to provide exact process how did you manage to break it. Just saying "it doesn't work" doesn't help anybody. @.Darky @virgeofcerberus
I was just simply trying to troubleshoot the basic things they could have messed up lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz