Question Review Awaiting Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow mate what are you trying to prove over here?

I have a beautiful checklist for when I write reviews.(I don't write reviews for this site.) Maybe you could use it?

- Have I played the whole game?(Aka have I seen everything that's important in it so I can make sure my opinion is more subjective?)
- If the game is on multiple systems, are there any differences between them?
- Press control+f and replace all 'I' with something more subjective.
- How is my language?(No swearing and such?)

This list isn't complete but I guess this is suitable for the situation. If you're going to swear in your review(this game sucks balls, the developers are assholes) then you shouldn't expect it to appear on the site. I hope you understood what I just said, if not I guess you should personally contact a staff member in a PM so they can tell you the same thing again.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my opinion is more than just an opinion, if you really want to go there. As a representative of the site, I can and do make executive decisions such as this.

I don't take issue with the score, you could give the game a 1/10 for all I care and I'd approve it. But in order for me to approve it, I'd want to see GOOD, in depth explanations as to WHY it deserves a 1 and not a 2, in your eyes. I'd want detail, thought, and effort, just like I would put into any of my reviews. I'd want the game to be given a fair chance, with hours of playtime into it to make sure the reasoning is valid. I would want the game to be given an objective detailing for what is good, what is bad, and if it's really THAT bad, whether it's even beatable or just a buggy, unplayable pile of trash. But responses such as "This game sucks balls", "I only played an hour so I don't know if it might be better later", "Devs are assholes because now their game shows up in google" frankly point to a hastily-written, un-thoughtful review with hardly any effort (or, maybe, two hours, of of which is accounted for with playtime).

With reviews being arguably one of the most important facets of GBAtemp, we hold their content to a higher standard, both user- and staff-written, than we do other content of the site, which a lot of times is just a free for all. That's why we have reviews set to require staff approval mode in the first place. Otherwise we've got nothing stopping people from going in there and writing "cunt cunt cunt cunt GBAtemp is for fags go suck a dick" and putting dick pics everywhere in their reviews, then publishing them, and gaining traction and search indexing if we don't catch it early enough. We have these QA processes in place for a reason.

Review is rejected. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, its probably still alive due to dumb people buying from there