I can change this?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
This one is a cool game. And I mean cool.

First off, this is an RPG for GBA, about Mario and his gang! Some evil-doers from Beanbean kingdom stole Peach's voice! And it has been replaced with explosive icons. (You know the ones in comic books that commonly replacee cuss words?)

This game is pretty much comical. The beginning, where Toad runs off to Mario's house to ask for his help, he's taking a bath, but Toad makes some noises and Mario walks off the bath. Toad tells him what has happened, and without worrying about walking out nearly naked, Mario dashes off to help her, but he ends up dragging Luigi (literally) who was tying Mario's clothes outside (is that right?).

Gameplay is very good. Outside battle, you can use jumping to reach higher areas, and each brother has a different power when they obtain items like the hammer, and (spoilers). You have to switch the front brother frequently to reach all the possible areas. In fact, where there is a water thingy, if you have Luigi in front, he'll fill up in water and squirt it off. But Mario holds this water. Together with Luigi's jumping abilities, this turns Mario into an emergency water-gun! Somewhat short range, though.

In battle, there are some action commands. When enemies attack, for example, you can either do a hammer swing or jump. If you time it right, when you jump, you will bump on the enemies' head. Don't do it if the enemy has spikes or fire over it! When you attack, if you press the button at the right time, the attack will be stronger (or hit twice in case of jump). With A, you control Mario, with B, you control Luigi. Which means that while you're choosing Mario's command, if you press B, Luigi jumps in place. I don't know if this has any use at all.

The Bros. attacks are what is the coolest in this game. There are 3 difficulties to the bros. attacks. You choose them with L and R. If you choose the easiest difficulty, the attack will cost more Flower Points, but there'll be graphical indications and slowdowns when you're supposed to press a button. After you've used the attack some times, it'll become advanced (a on-screen indication will tell you that). If I can remember correctly, this changes the way the attacks end, maybe adding a loop in the end (If you're a great timer, you can attack the enemy repeatedly and repeatedly). But it's somewhat hard to pull it off.

Graphics and sounds. This is the part that most of you people worry about, but no worries. The game has somewhat good graphics (You'd expect that from a GBA game), with Mario and Luigi having lots of different emotions. The sound is good too. All the mario RPG games had a catchy battle music, and this one is no exception. But for some reason it reminds me of soccer
blink.gif

If this needs numerical values, have at thee!

Gameplay: 8/10 Somewhat clumsy to use at times.

Graphics: 9/10 All you'd expect from a comical game.

Audio: 8/10 Just fine. The voices aren't all that bad.

Story: 8/10 Princess having voice replaced? That's a new one.

Replayability: 4/10 Once you complete the game, there's not anything else to do. A shame, I'd say.

Overall: 8/10 All in all, if you like RPGs, you should try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1