Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

moranetigger

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Tetsuo ! Congrats from Brazil ! Wii is highlander because of people like u ! So much good fictures add ! Congratulations !

One question...there is a way to keep the game count showed in the menu without a limited time ?
Thx for your work and to all of u people

Reactions: Hakaisha

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi moranetigger and thanks! I'm sorry but in the theme ini there's no way to control the duration of the total game count, before it disappears

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version update! OP updated.

Rhapsodii Shima 5.4 - v1.1
- updated the controls guide showed in the game info screen. Added the new buttons introduced by Wiiflow 5.4.1 (+, - and A).
- changed the FDS flow in platform.ini to cd_case, similar to the real floppy cases.
- added the new FDS coverflow 'CD_CASE_3' in coverflow.ini, to match the correct proportions and orientation.
- incorporated Fledge's mod: now snapshots in the selected game view are bigger.
- resized the setting buttons area and icons to not overlap the snapshot area.
- removed the multiple magic numbers for NES and N64 in console.ini.
- other minor tweaks.
- troubleshooting section updated.

View attachment 198208 View attachment 198207 View attachment 198205 View attachment 198206 View attachment 198209

Edit: you're probably wondering where to download the FDS cover set as seen in the screenshots. Well, actually... you still can't. The truth is that after the removal of all nintendo covers from the cover thread, I don't know if I can upload it on these boards anymore. I'm thinking about the Internet Archive, but I'm open to suggestions.
Nice update buddy!

as for the nintendo covers. The main reason mastershoes took the links down was to cover his butt and remove ALL nintendo content. even though nintendo appears to just be worried about people distributing their games via roms and disc backups. I haven't heard of them going after anyone distributing images of the covers or box art (if they were then gametdb would be in big trouble). but I would check with gbatemp admins before posting any links to download boxart.

Last edited by fledge68,

moranetigger

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi moranetigger and thanks! I'm sorry but in the theme ini there's no way to control the duration of the total game count, before it disappears
Thx for the feedback brother ! No problen at all...since its very good the way it is !
Anyway, Its very good to mix the Hypespin way with the Emulastation way in the same... its beyond any of my wishs !

Thx to u and Hakaisha for all that work

J_feicht314

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switched to Rhapsodii Shima, love it compared to OG theme. But now by NES roms aren’t showing up, Sega genesis says no plugin selected and I have no roms visible there either . They were both visa me in the OG theme. I’m still working on covers for games.

everything is on my 1TB hdd and in what I’m assuming is the right place as I didn’t change file locations.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The ini files in source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima (arcades.ini, consoles.ini etc) must contain the same magic numbers used in your plugin ini files. The ones I used may not be suitable for everyone and should be checked.

J_feicht314

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I’ll look into here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The ini files in source_menu/Rhapsodii Shima (arcades.ini, consoles.ini etc) must contain the same magic numbers used in your plugin ini files. The ones I used may not be suitable for everyone and should be checked.

Got it. I’ll have to take a look!

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One important notice. You must use the covers from the Covers collections threads.
Don't try to use covers downloaded eslewhere. If the size is wrong Wiiflow won't display the covers. Furthermore, the covers you may find on other sites are standard spines.
Wiiflow always needs the shrunken spines, where available. Otherwise the spine would overlap the front and back covers.

Reactions: J_feicht314

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
One important notice. You must use the covers from the Covers collections threads.
Don't try to use covers downloaded eslewhere. If the size is wrong Wiiflow won't display the covers. Furthermore, the covers you may find on other sites are standard spines.
Wiiflow always needs the shrunken spines, where available. Otherwise the spine would overlap the front and back covers.

Ive used the covers from these threads.
When i downgrade to wf 5.2, covers show up, and then going back to 5.4 works. The thing is that wiiflow 4 managed very well, covers i had from here and some other sites, taking care of dimensions and types without issues.

Another thing is that is weird that wf 5.4 with default theme cant see the covers too

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then I don't know. Using wiiflow 5.4.4 coupled with latest version of this theme should have fixed that issue, as it was optimized to use less memory.
You would best to report this issue in the Wiiflow Lite thread

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I don't know. Using wiiflow 5.4.4 coupled with latest version of this theme should have fixed that issue, as it was optimized to use less memory.
You would best to report this issue in the Wiiflow Lite thread
he's reported it to me via pm. I told him the same thing - with your latest theme and wf5.4.4 it should be fixed. I don't have a clue what his problem is.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know either.
If the issue is the same with the default theme, then I think that it can't be a memory issue.
Maybe in the migration process from WF4.1 to WFL 5.4.4 something went wrong, like some files not being copied/overwritten..
I would try to start over from scratch, on an empty SD card with just a fresh WFL 5.4.4 install and the covers. No themes or anything else, just to see if the issue goes away.
I can't think of anything else

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don't know either.
If the issue is the same with the default theme, then I think that it can't be a memory issue.
Maybe in the migration process from WF4.1 to WFL 5.4.4 something went wrong, like some files not being copied/overwritten..
I would try to start over from scratch, on an empty SD card with just a fresh WFL 5.4.4 install and the covers. No themes or anything else, just to see if the issue goes away.
I can't think of anything else

Let me just squish this issue before lol
There must be a reason, and Ill find it

Stay safe you all

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I Finally did it! and the key thing was not related to memory or something else, I just grab the pieces I found along the journey, made a Ishikawa and What-if analisis and eureka!.

First of all, and most important, thank you guys @Tetsuo Shima, @Wiimpathy and @fledge68 for your kind and wise support on each question I asked, seriously. Again, i've learned a lot.

The problem I had, lies in three aspecs and I hope this serves as a troubleshoot guide or something. I'll detail below.

1.- Wiiflow 4. Back in the Wiiflow 4 days I had covers in Jpg format (with the correct pixel resolution). Wifflow scanned all covers (thus detecting jpg format). so my WFCs were created. end of story.

At that time, there was a lot of outstanding systems which I had to search for myself the cover pack (at that time, again), and in some others I was forced to use a scraper script from retropie database in order to have a representative cover for each game (output in jpg). Then, formatting the cover in resolution and bingo!. Wiiflow went very fine! with all covers and boxcovers.

2.- I jumped into WFL 5.4.4 when I found the tremendous Rhapsodii Shima. the thing here was that, the structure of the source menu and the sub-"source menus's" (consoles, handhels, etc) was obviously different in configuration, therefore in my case, I had to modified every ini from the menu to "call" the exact ini's I was using in WFL4. That was definitely quite fun, since in order not to power up, test and power down my physical Wii. I seriously downloaded dolphin and replicate my nand to do the whole stuff at bed lol until I solved it.

3.- Delete Cache folder. I deleted cache cover (before a backin up), but then there was no covers (after a reload cache). and since WFL5 process PNG files, there was no new WFCs.

In summary, I managed to solved this and the main antagonist was, running to set things up quickly.

Take your time, check everything and if so, match the "magic numbers" from source inis and plugin inis and check extensions from your covers. Initial configuration on source menu and subfolders could be different than the one you have on your Wiiflow.

So if you're experiencing the same thing as me, check a few things before going crazy:
- Are your covers (not from the sticky thread shared here) formated in PNG? This is mandatory if you want to recreate cache folder.
- Did you check that magic numbers on Shima source menu, matches the ones you have in ini plugins? (ie, if you have X plugin, the magic number related has to be on both ini's (either consoles, arcades o handhelds ini's AND the plugin related). Perhaps you're using other plugin which is different that the selected in this pack. Check first.
- If you're running out of space, and If wfc's were created from all consoles, boxcovers and covers can be store for backup. If CACHE folder has to be deleted (at this point I don t know why you would do that), then Boxcovers and Covers have to be returned. Boxcovers and Covers mean a lot of GB sleeping in your SD, if you're looking for more space in you device.

Hope this helps a lot.

Thank you guys

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently upgraded my Wiiflow to the latest version and installed this version of Rhapsodii. It looks wonderful, but I'm not seeing my box covers anymore? They show up for the Wii games, but not for any of the emulator ROMS.

For example, for the NES -- roms are in USB1://fceugx/roms and covers are in USB1://wiiflow/boxcovers/fceugx

Very confused as to what is pointing to which emulator.

Image files are PNG. I'm confused and don't know which way is up or what is pointing to the USB or SD. Not sure what .INI files I should be looking at. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

MrSW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
You should check each plugin.ini file, there is a "coverfolder" line that should tell you what directory it is looking for.

However, if I had to guess I would say that your problem is with the filename, the covers need to include the game file extension.

So NES games should be "gamename.nes.png" for example

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow