Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@KaiFun4Ever I'm sorry for this inconvenience, but it was necessary change. The way it was, users had to overwrite their existing source_menu.ini's with mine, and all the source and small icons too. Making a mess when switching to other themes.
Now that Wiiflow allows the use of source menus in separate folders, it's finally possible to have a painless installation.

Reactions: KaiFun4Ever

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima on v5.4.0 i just removed 2 of my snes roms and their wfc cache cover files. started wiiflow and did reload cache to remove them from the list DB. then restored the 2 snes roms and started wiiflow. did a reload cache and it added the games to the list and created the wfc files. seems to be working fine.

maybe you can give me more details of your cache covers issue.

Reactions: WesMods

KaiFun4Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@KaiFun4Ever I'm sorry for this inconvenience, but it was necessary change. The way it was, users had to overwrite their existing source_menu.ini's with mine, and all the source and small icons too. Making a mess when switching to other themes.
Now that Wiiflow allows the use of source menus in separate folders, it's finally possible to have a painless installation.

Hey no problem at all. Its easy once i understand how it works. Yup its for the best. Thanks again for the awesome theme. I already tested it and definitely an improvement over previous version.

Thank u too fledge68 for the much better wfl 5.4. Another thanks to wiimpathy. For some reason wiimpathy's emulators database works smoother now.

There is an issue while browsing my games. Wiiflow freezes completely so i had to hard reset. It happened once before on previous versions. It might be my wii acting up though :wink:

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima on v5.4.0 i just removed 2 of my snes roms and their wfc cache cover files. started wiiflow and did reload cache to remove them from the list DB. then restored the 2 snes roms and started wiiflow. did a reload cache and it added the games to the list and created the wfc files. seems to be working fine.

maybe you can give me more details of your cache covers issue.
I deleted my g&w roms and wfc cache (but left the covers .png's). When I copied back the games to the rom folder and reloaded cache all covers were still blank. The cache folder is still empty.
I don't remember if I did reload cache before adding the games, too, I should try again. But the thing that worked for me after adding the games was dowgrading to WFL5.2.0 and reload cache. All wfc files were created back. Then I switched back to WF 5.4.0

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted my g&w roms and wfc cache (but left the covers .png's). When I copied back the games to the rom folder and reloaded cache all covers were still blank. The cache folder is still empty.
I don't remember if I did reload cache before adding the games, too, I should try again. But the thing that worked for me after adding the games was dowgrading to WFL5.2.0 and reload cache. All wfc files were created back. Then I switched back to WF 5.4.0
Hmm strange. For some reason 5.4 is not finding your cover pngs but 5.2 is and i dont recall changing anything in the cache covers code and it works for me.

Last edited by fledge68,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm strange. For some reason 5.4 is not finding your cover pngs but 5.2 is and i dont recall changing anything in the cache covers code and it works for me.
Well, this is really strange, indeed. Now I cannot reproduce the issue anymore! I just tried erasing all supergrafx wfc's and roms, and reloaded cache. Then copied the roms back, reloaded cache and it worked. I recall having this problem during the latest 5.3.0 betas, but I'm sure I had it with 5.4.0 too:mellow:

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,
Reactions: fledge68

MrSW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
There were 3 cache files that I wanted to create, 2 were for games that had the wrong cover (I previously deleted their cache files) and the other for a game that didn't have a cover. The first game with the corrected cover had its cache file created just fine, but no cache file was created for the other 2. I went back to check if I had made a mistake with the filename, but found nothing wrong. Then using the app again, I tried and succeeded to make the cache files, without having changed any setting or name. The 3 games were on separate flows.

Also, why do emuNAND games use a black cover now?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima The FCEUGX covers is not showing i checked the cache file there nothing also i reloaded cache to covert the covers still nothing also on hyperspin scence there missing system icons on wheel but in retropie is fine. so is the roms should be in zipped or extracted?

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima The FCEUGX covers is not showing i checked the cache file there nothing also i reloaded cache to covert the covers still nothing also on hyperspin scence there missing system icons on wheel but in retropie is fine. so is the roms should be in zipped or extracted?
Roms can be either zipped or extracted, as long as the file extension is included in your fceugx.ini in wiiflow/plugins.
I need some more info from you.
What wiiflow version are you using?
Except for nes covers and wheel buttons, everything else is fine?

For the moment you can try this:
- Change to another theme (or return to default) and then change it back to Rhapsodii Shima, to see if it recreates the cache for the wheel buttons.
- Try to downgrade to wiiflow 5.2.0, recreate the cache, then install back wf 5.4.0

Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roms can be either zipped or extracted, as long as the file extension is included in your fceugx.ini in wiiflow/plugins.
I need some more info from you.
What wiiflow version are you using?
Except for nes covers and wheel buttons, everything else is fine?

For the moment you can try this:
- Change to another theme (or return to default) and then change it back to Rhapsodii Shima, to see if it recreates the cache for the wheel buttons.
- Try to downgrade to wiiflow 5.2.0, recreate the cache, then install back wf 5.4.0
i updated from 5.0 to 5.4 ill check the fceugx.ini

the fceugx.ini matches the cover path and name

back to normal theme refresh take while see if the fceugx kick in if not then will go back in your theme see if the icons show up on wheel if not ill downgrade to 5.2.0

ok the icons on wheel is working now and the fceugx covers not showing

Last edited by FanNintendo,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima here the fcuegx plugin -

[PLUGIN]
magic=46434555
coverColor=ff0000
coverFolder=fceugx
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip|.7z
romDir=fceugx/roms
dolFile=fceugx-mod11.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
displayname=FCEUltraGX
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{loader}

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@FanNintendo your file is ok. I think this is the infamous wiiflow bug that Fledge68 is trying to squish,
It happened to me too. The fix for me was to use 5.2.0 to reload the cache, then back to 5.4.0

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FanNintendo your file is ok. I think this is the infamous wiiflow bug that Fledge68 is trying to squish,
It happened to me too. The fix for me was to use 5.2.0 to reload the cache, then back to 5.4.0
will do now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

will do now
still not working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@fledge68 did u change the path for fceugx , snes, vbagx cover because my is not showing on WiiFlow

I think the problem is my roms is zipped and i have other sd with 4.4.0 (r1 1 38) works fine with extracted roms

Last edited by FanNintendo,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is really strange. The only reason for this must be path or file name of the cover.
I think you already checked if it's name.extension.png? or a typo in the cover folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.