Review Ridge Racer for PS Vita

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WARNING GIGANTIC PICTURE INSIDE SOON I WILL EDIT THIS ONE!!!

VITA-Ridge-Racer-Box-art.jpg

Code:
Name: Ridge Racer
Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Date of release: 25 February 2012
Price: Shops: €30,- PSN: €19,99
Genre: Racing
Multiplayer: Local and Online

There is one Vita game on the launch which was said to be the worst of all, it was Ridge Racer! Ridgeeee Raceeeeer, known from the presentation from the PSP. Well I loved the Nintendo 3DS Ridge Racer and decided to give it a shot. I got myself a PSN card and bought it including some neat DLC. But why it this game the baddest from all launch games? The game was to be build from PAID DLC. So you pay €30 for this game then you get five cars and three courses. The rest needs to be bought, I was like WTF NAMCO!?

Think before you whine

I've learned a lesson from this game, I risked to buy this and it seems like it was a good one! When you start up the game you get a F*****G stupid and slick menu it is hard to find your way trough it the first time you play it but after getting used to it, it feels slick and nice. Right, in your first race the first thing you notice is how slick and nice everything goes, the Framrate it lovely, the mechanics are good and the CPU's are challenging! But I had one thing I'd complain about the controls, but this can be changed to fit your way! Also I hate automatic shifting the gears since I want the real car feeling and of course this can be set to manual, then you'll chose between the rear touch pad shifting or trough buttons, I tried both per accident. The rear touchpad controls fail! I can't get used to it! >.> but trough buttons it is great! I can't say it sucks!

Online try at own risk!

The second thing I am going to discuss is online racing, when you go online for the first time ever, you'll just enter some room to race... LOL you'll be beaten without any hassle since the others just have way stronger engines! So beware those who want this game!(Check the room level before entering, if it is Level one your save) the online gameplay is just as smooth as off-line.

Namco never heard of story modes before?

If you want to play a GOOD offline game you need to skip this one, there are TWO off line gamemodes counted! Wait so TWO offline gamemodes?

• Spot racing(Free racing aka exhibition)
  • Time racing(Explains itself time trial)

Two offline gamemodes and no story, sorry but if you want some offline bang for your buck then skip this please. Online is perfect.

Free DLC for all!

Free DLC? yes! Freeeeeee DLC get it? there IS free DLC, music so don't get your hypes up yet. The rest like cars and tracks are paid... But to be honest the paid stuff is made from good quality.

Conclusion

Hmm I love it! The online races are heating up everytime again, and offline is nice to train your skills. But the paid DLC is still somewhere to be a con...

Expect a real review soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh yea, duh +1