Translation Riivolution patch : Zangeki No Reginleiv translation for Wii

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Congratulations on releasing this, Brand!

This one was one of the biggest requests to get in English, and people can enjoy it now. Even more, thanks to private servers is completely playable too!

Now rest some, you earned it.

Reactions: Brand Newman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Wooops!

It just dawned on me that I hadn't updated the "regin_eng_.xml" file for Riivolution users after I modified the Network files (although online game apparently only works with a modified iso anyway).

My deepest apologies to Riivolution users (iso users won't have any issue): I've updated the zip file on Romhacking and it should be available within a few hours, but you can already download the sole modified file here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CdLFge60V2ytiN52LUzruNlUdKrLGnCy/view?usp=sharing

Once again, I'm really sorry about that: I guess I focused so much on not forgetting any modified file that the idea of updating the xml didn't occur to me! :blush:

EDIT : Updated file is online at Romhacking.net, everything's under control.

Last edited by Brand Newman,

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you Brand, another great job.

I've been playing two hours and gestures are pretty cool, tho movement is a bit clunky. The best feature is the gore system, it feels like the Soldier of Fortune of the musou genre :lol:

Unfortunately, as you said in the readme, all the story is told through un-subtitled ingame cutscenes, so you are missing all the plot. Pretty lazy job from this studio :angry:

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thank you Brand, another great job.

I've been playing two hours and gestures are pretty cool, tho movement is a bit clunky. The best feature is the gore system, it feels like the Soldier of Fortune of the musou genre :lol:

Unfortunately, as you said in the readme, all the story is told through un-subtitled ingame cutscenes, so you are missing all the plot. Pretty lazy job from this studio :angry:
At least you have the missions descriptions that give some hints. But yes it's really a shame. I wouldn't have minded spending two more months on it if it has been to translate these cutscenes...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice work but what's the function of the "main.dol" file in Regin_eng folder?
It contains (few) system messages, like "saving, don't reset or power off", and messages that only appear if your Wii memory is full.

If you don't replace your original main.dol, these messages will stay in Japanese.

Please keep in mind that this file goes to the general "sys" folder, not in the "sys" subfolder contained in "files" (which is for Wii Motion plus menu).

Reactions: Draxikor

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Remember there are a number of settings you can tweak, they can help. Beginner has tank-like controls, but the other two do not. I personally stuck with them because it helped to easily keep enemies on sight. You can also try the Classic Controller.

The lack of subtitles is sadly one of those things that newer games keep doing and I dislike every single time. To me it shows such a lack of consideration to the player, specially those that might have hearing problems.

Maybe one day someone will surprise us with an english fandub.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
gestures are pretty cool, tho movement is a bit clunky.

If it does any help, below are my settings that I found to be very easy to use after a while:
Control type : Mode 2 (the pointer is used for direction)
Camera position : Far (better to see the enemies around)
Camera speed : 1.0
Camera turn distance : Offscreen
Camera lock time : 0.0
B Holding function : ON (this way there won't be any trouble involuntary slash or direction change)
Camera Lock-On Hit : ON (useful for combos)
Motion plus sensitivity : 0.33

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I personally cranked the sensitivity to 0.65 or 0.75, it felt more comfortable as it reacted quicker and let me draw straighter lines, handy specially for horizontal attacks.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are difficulty levels locked until you beat the game? Because it's just too easy, for me at least. I have barely improved the stamina and crafted a few weapons and I'm rushing through the levels. The only one that gave me a little troubles was the one with the siege towers, which also have three of the biggest monsters. And even then it was not that hard.

Normal difficulty feels too easy. At least compared with Normal difficulty on Monster Attack/Global Defense Force, which was a nightmare.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Are difficulty levels locked until you beat the game? Because it's just too easy, for me at least. I have barely improved the stamina and crafted a few weapons and I'm rushing through the levels. The only one that gave me a little troubles was the one with the siege towers, which also have three of the biggest monsters. And even then it was not that hard.

Normal difficulty feels too easy. At least compared with Normal difficulty on Monster Attack/Global Defense Force, which was a nightmare.
We'll talk about that when you reach Svartalfheim, which should be the first difficulty spike ;)

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, it starts pretty tame, then it gets progressively harder, with some big spikes here and there. You probably wouldn't enjoy higher difficulties right off the bat, as you probably wouldn't last too long, and the game is more or less designed to play each difficulty after the prior one (easy can be skipped though) by how the weapon tree develops.

I did not raise my HP over 400 on Normal to be fair.

Lazlo52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on the release! l've already shared the news with the EDF Discord. Really cool to have this game in English finally, l can't wait to hear what people think of the crafting system compared to EDF's random drops.

Reactions: Brand Newman

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Congrats on the release! l've already shared the news with the EDF Discord. Really cool to have this game in English finally, l can't wait to hear what people think of the crafting system compared to EDF's random drops.
Thank you for everything, to think it all started with a private conversation with you. We couldn't have done it without you.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have been trying the controls type-2 and they're definitely better but, for some reason, slashes are not always recognized while pressing A or B buttons. Sometimes cursor just moves around instead. I guess it depends on the speed of the gesture, I'm not sure.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you would like to play the game online as a group this week end?

The save files are separated for story and online, which means we could all start from scratch and do beginners missions at first?

@stranno , you could even record our play if you want? ;)

Please let me know, and we could exchange friends codes here.

Have a nice Friday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy