Rockstar integrates fan-made loading fix in official GTA Online update; rewards creator with $10k

Grand_Theft_Auto_Online.jpg

Last month, we shared the news of an unofficial Bloodborne 60fps patch that was made public and now, another fan-made patch is making news for another game: GTA Online. Modder t0st created a fix that reduced the game's loading times by up to 70%. Rockstar also took notice of this fix and investigated it further.

"After a thorough investigation, we can confirm that player t0st did, in fact, reveal an aspect of the game code related to load times for the PC version of GTA Online that could be improved," the company told PCGamer. "As a result of these investigations, we have made some changes that will be implemented in a forthcoming title update."

After this statement, the fix's creator, t0st, said that they awarded $10,000 through Rockstar's Bug Bounty program.

The GTA Online update that includes this fix for loading issues is live as of today.

:arrow: SOURCE

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I was genuinely expecting them to issue a dmca and start banning players using it under the guise of preventing cheating or some BS then quietly putting the fix in themselves and expecting a back pat for it, I guess maybe games companies don't always have to spit in their fans faces

Last edited by gamesquest1, , Reason: fixed typo XD

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was genuinely expecting them to issue a dmca and start banning players using it under the guise of preventing cheating or some BS then quietly putting the fix in themselves and expecting a backpack for it, I guess maybe games companies don't always have to spit in their fans faces
Honestly curious, but what would RockStar do with a backpack?

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Last month, we shared the news of an unofficial Bloodborne 60fps patch that was made public and now, another fan-made patch is making news for another game: GTA Online. Modder t0st created a fix that reduced the game's loading times by up to 70%. Rockstar also took notice of this fix and investigated it further.

"After a thorough investigation, we can confirm that player t0st did, in fact, reveal an aspect of the game code related to load times for the PC version of GTA Online that could be improved," the company told PCGamer. "As a result of these investigations, we have made some changes that will be implemented in a forthcoming title update."

After this statement, the fix's creator, t0st, said that they awarded $10,000 through Rockstar's Bug Bounty program.

The GTA Online update that includes this fix for loading issues is live as of today.

:arrow: SOURCE
wait, Excuse me, What the fuck? IS THIS REAL? AM I DREAMING NOW?

COCKSTAR IS ACTUALLY ACCEPTING SOMETHING MADE BY MODDERS, NOT STOMPING IT TO THE GROUND?????

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Guys keep in mind that it's not Rockstar that's been an asshole but TakeTwo. Rockstar is great, they make great games and like their community.
But TakeTwo, their parent company, are the ones that falsely DMCAed GTA3 and don't care about their fanbase.
Noted, I'll keep that in mind.

Btw, just fired up GTAV- and this. is. revolutionary. Never have I been loaded so fast into this game. It was less than 40 seconds. I'm legitimately impressed by this.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well that's very cool! Hopefully other companies follow suit. There's a lot of cool mods that actually improve stability and over gameplay in different games.

(nintendopleasereleasepapermariothousandyeardoorforswitchusingthefanmadeHDtexturepackandjustpaytheguy$10,000)

Unfortunately you know who has a hate bonner with the early games.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I've never played GTA Online and I don't feel like it...
It's mediocre, you often get blown up by tryhards with the stupid ass flying bike that shoots missles, but when that isn't happening, the game is a decent amount of fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: