9th_Sage

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering...I just got a new drive for USB loader stuff, but it doesn't work well (it works when it works, but then after about half an hour of inactivity it goes to sleep and the Wii can't wake it back up...it's super annoying). The drive was a MyBook Home, btw. It's too bad, it was a good drive besides that. Anyway, I want to return this drive and get something else, and I saw this enclosure here. It's a good price, and two out of the three Rosewill enclosures that are listed in the Wiki work... I was wondering if anyone has any additional experience with these. What is the best to get? Do they work for you?

I'm a little paranoid since I thought this MyBook would work since my previous drive was an older MyBook and it worked perfectly in all ways until it died on me.

9th_Sage

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Don't know about Rosewill, but in my experience Vantec enclosures work great.
I'll have to keep it in mind...I really don't want to get something else just to have to return yet something else because it won't work quite right. >_

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
I was just wondering...I just got a new drive for USB loader stuff, but it doesn't work well (it works when it works, but then after about half an hour of inactivity it goes to sleep and the Wii can't wake it back up...it's super annoying). The drive was a MyBook Home, btw. It's too bad, it was a good drive besides that. Anyway, I want to return this drive and get something else, and I saw this enclosure here. It's a good price, and two out of the three Rosewill enclosures that are listed in the Wiki work... I was wondering if anyone has any additional experience with these. What is the best to get? Do they work for you?

I'm a little paranoid since I thought this MyBook would work since my previous drive was an older MyBook and it worked perfectly in all ways until it died on me.

What is the manufacturer of the drive itself - i.e. what does the BIOS identify it as? Check the manufacturer's site for any drive tools they have. I found something on the Seagate site that fixed the issues I was having with my passport drive. Usually there is a tool, sometimes command-line, that will let you set the sleep delay to 0 or some ridiculously high value. Take a look!

9th_Sage

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
9th_Sage said:

What is the manufacturer of the drive itself - i.e. what does the BIOS identify it as? Check the manufacturer's site for any drive tools they have. I found something on the Seagate site that fixed the issues I was having with my passport drive. Usually there is a tool, sometimes command-line, that will let you set the sleep delay to 0 or some ridiculously high value. Take a look!
I did that before I sent it back. It seems Western Digital doesn't like letting me do things like that to their external drives (or at least they have no tools to do so). If I could have easily opened the drive without voiding warranty, I could probably have used hdparam or something, but it wasn't really an option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1