Hardware [Rumor] 3DS Lite is in the works

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i hate apple for not putting sd slots in their devices its the stupidest thing ever and mac whores cant even see how stupid it is, especially since they R@APE you for their memory and only have 64 gb
I've never in my life needed more than 64GB. Also, my computer has an SD slot right there ->

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ANYWAYYYYYY back on topic (lol)...

I'm going to shorten my desire to just the second circle pad. Honestly, though not everything is the best, I honestly have no issues with the 3D viewing angle (though it would be cool to have a wider angle so my girlfriend and I can watch each other play zelda, lol), the 3D is great. Sure, my hands cramp up when heavily using the L/R buttons and the battery sucks. But the second analog is seriously the only thing that I absolutely BEG Nintendo to put in the unavoidable revision (as was said earlier, whoever thinks nintendo, or even Sony, never randomly revises all their handhelds multiple times are fooling themselves).

Seriously, it's a real shame because i'm avoiding games that I seriously enjoy from having played the demos (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid) simply because the controls are pure crap with one analog (no matter the settings), and I really don't want to deal with the circle pad pro. Even ignoring the added bulk, the positioning to the right of the action buttons are just awkward and unnatural.

So Nintendo, please... just add the freaking second analog.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You guys keep thinking too DS --> DS Lite ish. Just because it got smaller that's not necessarily what Ninty would do with a revision, seeing as it is, as you have all said, already small enough. I can think of plenty of improvements for a '3DS Lite':
  • Longer battery life
  • 'Wider' 3D effect
  • 'Deeper' 3D effect
  • Fix the screen scratch problem
  • 2nd analog stick
  • Better hardware for smoother / better system features
  • Bigger touch screen
  • Smoother / sleeker casing

Not only that

Larger Screens
Start, Select and Home in better positions.
Stylus on the right side, not on the upper.
One or two tones of color for the same 3DS beside of the actual 3 tones (It's fucking ugly)

Reactions: 1 person

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what good does a sd card slot on your pc do you for storing more music, videos and apps on your i device?
You mentioned Apple devices. Pretty much all of their products are devices. Anyways, I don't see a need for more than 64GB. I'd actually be surprised if someone out there is throwing a coin in the air to decide if they need to buy a 64GB+ SD card for their Android phone.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd actually be surprised if someone out there is throwing a coin in the air to decide if they need to buy a 64GB+ SD card for their Android phone.
Last I recall, 32 gb was the largest microSD card available (and supported). Did that just change? 0_0

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in large part my fault of engaging in a conversation about Apple devices and Android devices in a thread about 3DS content.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You guys keep thinking too DS --> DS Lite ish. Just because it got smaller that's not necessarily what Ninty would do with a revision, seeing as it is, as you have all said, already small enough. I can think of plenty of improvements for a '3DS Lite':
  • Longer battery life
  • 'Wider' 3D effect
  • 'Deeper' 3D effect
  • 2nd analog stick
  • Bigger touch screen

Not only that

Larger Screens
One or two tones of color for the same 3DS beside of the actual 3 tones (It's fucking ugly)
I prefer the place where the current stylus is, it's better for left handed people, not that much of a bother for right handed either seeing as most of my friends are ok with it.

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
personally i don't think there's hardly any chance of seeing a major 3DS revision inside of 2012. i've argued this point with a couple of people, but the summarise the main reasons...

- sales started poorly, leading to large price drop and units being sold at a loss. not part of the plan and should throw any comparisons to the DS lifecycle out the window. now sales are strong, nintendo will look to absolutely maxmise the sales of this revision while production costs invariably come down. everything is in place to pump out any many of these current systems as possible.

- Wii-U release. stating the obvious, but Nintendo will dedicate a lot of its attention in 2012 to getting the WIi-U launch right. why bother to try and launch a 2nd 3DS revision, diverting attention from its primary product launch, when the current 3DS is selling so well?

those are just my 'logical' assumptions...maybe there will be a new 3DS on show at E3 and it'll drop alongside the Wii-U with a huge amount of cross-marketing. i'm looking for Q2 2013 onward for the first revised 3DS. i'll sell/trade in my one for an upgrade, no brainer. it's not like it's gonna be any smaller and the battery life/3d sweetspot will undoubtedly be improved. if Nintendo are really smart, they'll have a true 'next-gen' pokemon title ready to go for 3DS in 2013, with some type of Wii-U link-up functionary. what better game to drive sales of a new 3DS unit than pokemonz?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
  • Longer battery life
  • 'Wider' 3D effect
  • 'Deeper' 3D effect
  • 2nd analog stick
  • Bigger touch screen

Not only that

Larger Screens
I prefer the place where the current stylus is, it's better for left handed people, not that much of a bother for right handed either seeing as most of my friends are ok with it.

I always have to close my 3DS to get the stylus. In the DS fat, the stylus was on the upper side.
In DSLite and DSi, the stylus was on the right side.
I could get the stylus without even pausing the game.
Why did they changed again?

I wouldn't bother if it was the left side too, it's still better than the way it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1