Rumor: Next Dual Touch DS Hitting Early Next Year?

hova1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kotaku.com said:
According to several industry sources outside of Nintendo, the company is working on an updated Nintendo DS. The screens are supposedly slightly bigger, but the biggest change is that the new DS will apparently have two touch screens — so it's like a dual touch DS. That way, players can interact via the stylus with game play on both screens. Here's the kicker: Word has it that this announcement, if true, won't hit until early next year.
http://kotaku.com/5042290/rumor-next-dual-...early-next-year

the rumors just don't stop. anyway IF it's true i hope it has better graphics than the PSP

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
graphics won't be that better

I can bet on that
At most it'll be GameCube quality, Nintendo knows that it would sell really well even if its got the exact same hardware but two touchscreens.

That's if this is even remotely true.

D

Deleted-119707

if they are releasing a new ds, release it soon befor xmas... sales will go up easily

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
psycoblaster said:
graphics won't be that better

I can bet on that
At most it'll be GameCube quality, Nintendo knows that it would sell really well even if its got the exact same hardware but two touchscreens.

That's if this is even remotely true.
I agree. If the graphics were like even somewhat the GameCubes, it could possibly sell very well. But I don't see the point of 2 Touch Screens.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The article says that the ANNOUNCEMENT is coming early next year. Which is smart, people would buy DS at Christmas.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
naw the graphics won't be up to the gamecube.
just estimate how the handhelds get better from gbc to gba, then gba to ds.
really - on the DS, only the 3d got better.
(2d graphics looks similar to gba's)
will the 2d get better on the DS? (better resolution) or will the 3D even get better?
will there be extra RAM, or multiprocessing, etc? Probably an internal memory for media? or actually, a strength of a PSP?

but maybe the graphics of the future DS games will look more sharp because of the larger screen.
i'm afraid that the original DS games will be expanded on the "larger screen" making the quality suck shit.

but dual touch screen... well I don't know. This dual touch may kill the reasons of the buttons. well you never know.
but I believe there will be a "lite" version of this new DS pretty soon. for sure. and i will wait for that.

one more thing - dual touch screen = death of the original DS. Why? well i guess you won't be able to play the games made for the dual touch screen on the original DSs. (well, duh?)
that means the end of the DS is getting closer, and lets all have hopes up high to make sure the final game released for the DS will not be a retarded shovelware.

but before they do release a new DS, they should really compile all of the weaknesses of the current DS and consider them. (looking at the ds phat and the ds lite...)

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a rumor and nothing more. The DS is still one of the top selling systems even when stacked against consoles. It hasn't even been five years yet and there's still a flood of Dragon Quest games coming that are certain to break records on their own.

I don't expect to hear anything on a successor to the DS until 2010 and I agree with graphics being on GameCube's level or whatever is within a budget to release the handheld at around $150.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HeatMan Advance said:
This is just a rumor and nothing more. The DS is still one of the top selling systems even when stacked against consoles. It hasn't even been five years yet and there's still a flood of Dragon Quest games coming that are certain to break records on their own.

I don't expect to hear anything on a successor to the DS until 2010 and I agree with graphics being on GameCube's level or whatever is within a budget to release the handheld at around $150.
I don't think 2010 is the right time for a successor, maybe a lot before.
and gamecube graphics around $150.... current lites are not that much of a difference from 150$... but i think 200$ will be the price... and they will overexagurate the greatness of the new improved graphics and the larger screens, with a demo of pokemon running on it. ( i swear )

but nintendo won't care to make a new handheld before the DS's sales drop down. Just look at them and their games for the DS. Nintendo's pretty much like "oh the sales are high for the DS so we don't need to make a game for it- just work on the Wii"

I don't think they care much about the quality of the games because they've got square enix making games for them - all square enix needs to do is to add a 1 after their final fantasies or dragon quests and release them to the DS and the sales will go up up up.

I'm just trying to say nintendo really needs to start working about the DS before they make a new DS. They should actually play all the released crapware for the DS and see how awful they are. They should think about releasing some new mario RPG or something - or actually ask other developers to make a new ssb for the ds.

And once they do make a ssb for the ds, the ds will live for another 3 years, and the "new DS" will arrive after I graduate.

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Wasn't the point of two screens that one was touch-capable and the other was not?

Supposing this was true. Wouldn't it be more logical to produce one large touch screen instead of two small ones? A large one would be able to split itself virtually if need be and FMVs would be able to be shown without a break in between.

Thus, I dismiss this as pure fanboy speculation.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo can't release a new redesign with 2 touch screens, that would make every new game unplayable on older DS models.. and that's a pretty stupid thing to do.

Could be a totally new system.. but then, Nintendo usually announces this kind of stuff 2 years before it's out..

So, yep, just rumors..

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CockroachMan said:
Nintendo can't release a new redesign with 2 touch screens, that would make every new game unplayable on older DS models.. and that's a pretty stupid thing to do.

Could be a totally new system.. but then, Nintendo usually announces this kind of stuff 2 years before it's out..

So, yep, just rumors..
Why? You could just use the bottem screen for NDS1 games.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The old thing can only play new system games if the new one is only a redesign. A complete overhaul, or any change in system specs will make them incompatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious