• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[Rumor] Supreme Leader of North Korea Kim Jong Un has passed away

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: AmandaRose

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If he is dead or out of the picture* then from what I have seen of their setup there his succession battle might well make game of thrones look like a kids TV show wherein an animal loses its football. Lot of players with their own international backers, internal backers (while the supreme leaders might be a bunch of raging fucknuts living the good life their people that actually get it done are usually pretty shrewd), total lack of morals (or at least extraordinarily flexible ones) and all probably willing to go all in with a claim of divine mandate (or something just as good).

Sadly none of it likely to make the lives of the poor regular folks any kind of easy, much less free, unless we get a everybody ends up dead scenario but then it will probably end up even more of a Chinese puppet.

*by all accounts he is/was an alcoholic chainsmoker (unsure about drugs but a distinct possibility too) that regarded proper diet and exercise (see pictures) as but a mild suggestion, or something for people that were not gods on earth.

Videos because why not

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are completely right guys.
Our supreme korean leader Kim Jong Un is alive and well.
He looks so alive and healthy here, I'm so jealous of his wealth:

EWoQLSwXkAUba_B

I admit I made a mistake and I will spend more time researching my sources.

sailr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
space.bilibili.com
XP
Country
China
Do n’t believe the rumors, these are just some anti-North Korea insults to North Korea: Ha ha :,
Kim Jong-un still sent congratulatory messages to South Africa the day before yesterday 
1: If he is really dead, why his ally China will not be broadcast in the news, and all the pictures so far have PS traces: 2: Why Jin Zhengen went to Sanchiyuan City on April 27 to thank the staff ?

Last edited by sailr, , Reason: Please type in English

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ehm, there are about a 1000 sparks flying and fireworks going off simultaneously in North Korea right now... (Probably the wrong metaphore, but oh well... lost in translation.. ;) )

First, according to their official sources they have not had one single case of Corona in country - according to the US their military was on lockdown throughout the entirety of february though.

Second, they are heavily threatening an invasion of the south at this point, which is good, because as long as they are threatening they arent invading.

Third, Kim Jong Un hasnt been seen for months, and his sister is now pushing public doctrine in the prime public position.

Fourth, another famine is rumored to be taking place (alongside a massive economic downturn), because the borders to china are now tightly controlled, as a result of the Covid-19 crisis, which means issues with black market goods getting in. Which is kind of a positive, because there is a reason for escalating the rhetoric of 'invasion of the south' and it is domestic, but probably solvable.

Fifth, the south is trying to deescalate, and the US are no where to be seen.

Sources: Pick one.. ;) (mine was german, so I'd have to look around for several english speaking ones)

edit: Also there is a fundamental disagreement within the denuclearization talks, namely that the north demands for the US to also remove their strategic nuclear weapons from the area, which for the US is a no go, and the end of US sanctions, which for the US is a no go. So talks are stuck.

Last edited by notimp,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, it has been a few months. Has he ever appeared on live TV yet? Honestly, if Kim kicked the bucket, I doubt we'd see a whole lot of changes in foreign policy. Imo, Kim is just a puppet figure head, and the higher ups actually run the country.

I just know NK is doing their yearly thing where they act super aggressive towards the South, so they can get money and food, because their country is a impoverished starving shit hole dictatorship.

Deja vu!

Last edited by Viri,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean I can tell the difference even with a high bitrate MP3 but I guess "it sounds good enough"
    Plus studio quality MP3's do exist, they are just like 512Kbps and are huge ass files lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea I when I can i notice mp3 sounds worse
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I say "when i can" because I have some hearing problems
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, MP3s were designed to be as small as possible, so that they can be shared on the internet. WAVE files were more bigger in size and would take hours to upload back in the day.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, you hi too
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ anything new in gaming?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, i think she said she isnt into gaming
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, what kind of headphones you use, fam? You run a DAC or anything?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore is decent for cheap
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I used to have my entire music collection in FLAC, but there is so many songs and devices that I want to store them that lossless compression wasn't enough, not to mention compatibility
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    a few years ago I decided to convert everything to mp3 with a relatively high bitrate, I had a terrible feeling I would regret doing that but to honest, I couldn't tell the difference in the audio quality after I did that
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got rid of my local music collection years ago when I subscribed to Google Play Music. Big regerts
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm planning to start building it back up though. Plus, Usenet automation around music downloading has gotten so much better since then
    I used to use high end headphones and speakers JBL back when they made good speakers lol X-Fi Fatality edition sound card on PCI with XP back when Windows had good sound....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or...