[RUMOUR] YouTube coming to the Switch?

upload_2018-11-3_13-0-12.png

For those on the latest firmware, the Switch has little to offer in terms of multimedia entertainment. Currently limited to just the Hulu app (and the niconico app on the Japanese eShop), things may be about to change if Nintendo enthusiast NintendoHOME is to be believed. Claiming to have seen a notification of the app's arrival for the 8th of November, it spells hope for those wanting more than just a games system.

This should be taken with a reasonable degree of uncertainty, with images easy to fake and myself not being able to locate any further information. You can check out the translated tweet below, and find the original via the source link.
❓ Rumour – The YouTube app is expected to arrive soon on Nintendo Switch, especially on November 8th if you believe the Nintendo America website.
Do you think it's real? Are you still waiting for Netflix before updating your Switch? Let us know below!

:arrow: Source

Edit 11/06/2019

Google created a feedback page for youtube Nintendo switch
Check out : https://www.youtube.com/switch_feed...ko7m5t_27-HCa9bpFkMytel-bbSao0F6Unr__WrCyPNUI

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-3_13-2-26.png
    upload_2018-11-3_13-2-26.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by ,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Risking not going online and getting banned, not to mention the fact that there are so many ways to hack it, so many unconsolidated methods/guides, it's too damn confusing. Emulators are still in their infancy and many don't run full speed yet. I'd rather just wait a super long time *shrug*. It just not worth it to me, and that's my take on it. Make with that what you will. I can easily back up my saves to my PC by copying from my SD card.

I don't think that's how save backups work lol

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
But why not just have Opera again. Port Firefox's engine, I don't care. But why do we really need tons of Apps for such basic online functionality. That, and at this point; just use your phone lol.

Unless your Switch is your main media center, then this makes no sense when it comes to YouTube on the go.

SpiritofAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is with people on this forum? Always so negative. Yes, we get it. You have 300 other devices that can run YouTube. What's the problem with Nintendo finally giving us a YouTube app? I don't see how this is a bad thing. I know I'll use it, at least.

Last edited by SpiritofAce,
Reactions: k-key

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that especially the dockable aspect of the app is interesting. You can start a video on the pot, go into the living room and continue watching without having to pause.

I do this all the time with the Wii U GamePad, too bad the range is so short!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whatever, I'll just use the cloud backup or copy backups from my SD card. All in all, I really am 100% unmotivated with the current hacking scene.

Weren't you the one complaining a lot about Nintendo Online? And said you refuse to pay for it?

Well hacking the switch is just as easy as extracting TomGER SD files in the root of your SD card and boor into RCM, done.

If your fear is the ban then I have bad news for you, Nintendo will ban everyone with hacks soon or late. Nobody is safe and you won't be safe in the future!

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definite cause for controversy. One hand YouTube on Switch? I'm not sure about that; how would it work? How will the videos load when the Switch which is designed to move will not be able to rotate video in time for viewing? Thus I see huge back-lash in terms of ingenuity. However that being said there is the other hand where YouTube may come in handy say you want to watch a video on YouTube and you feel like using your Switch? Having YouTube installed would allow one to achieve that. It's a thinker for me.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do this all the time with the Wii U GamePad, too bad the range is so short!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Weren't you the one complaining a lot about Nintendo Online? And said you refuse to pay for it?

Well hacking the switch is just as easy as extracting TomGER SD files in the root of your SD card and boor into RCM, done.

If your fear is the ban then I have bad news for you, Nintendo will ban everyone with hacks soon or late. Nobody is safe and you won't be safe in the future!

Then it's not worth hacking at all. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

I was mostly complaining about the boring as hell NES games, I'll go back to online only for Smash Bros and nothing else.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those on the latest firmware, the Switch has little to offer in terms of multimedia entertainment. Currently limited to just the Hulu app (and the niconico app on the Japanese eShop), things may be about to change if Nintendo enthusiast NintendoHOME is to be believed. Claiming to have seen a notification of the app's arrival for the 8th of November, it spells hope for those wanting more than just a games system.

This should be taken with a reasonable degree of uncertainty, with images easy to fake and myself not being able to locate any further information. You can check out the translated tweet below, and find the original via the source link.

Do you think it's real? Are you still waiting for Netflix before updating your Switch? Let us know below!

:arrow: Source
Wait there's a website called Nintendo America, earlier when you guys reported I thought you meant the Nintendo OF America website.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ikr, when you will be stuck somewhere in a game...
It'll be annoying to save, close the game, open youtube, then close youtube, open the game, just to realise...
what did the playthrough said already???
I can sooooo agree with this

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
YoutubeNX exploit when? Lol, in all seriousness this is actually pretty cool if it's true, finally we may have something other than Hulu.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I’d like to see more streaming services and a usb/lan media player on the Switch.

Would allow me to replace my Shield/Fire Stick when I travel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game