Hacking Emulation Homebrew Running emulators & roms from HDD

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
JuanMena was talking to me about the Bluetooth module on my Wii, not yours. Sorry!

It is just so weird that it works in the Wii Menu, but dces anywhere else. Thats why I don't know what to do.
So it's another discussion inside about the bluetooth module.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So it's another discussion inside about the bluetooth module.
Yeah. I edited my post asking him to not deviate your thread, but then realized it was you who replied about the Bluetooth module.

Do you have a problem with WiiMotes?
Did you got confused when you replied: "How do I check that" ???

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes. Format your HDD with a MBR sector, use FAT32 and one single partition.
Any suggestion good free software to do that under Windows10?
Post automatically merged:

Yeah. I edited my post asking him to not deviate your thread, but then realized it was you who replied about the Bluetooth module.

Do you have a problem with WiiMotes?
Did you got confused when you replied: "How do I check that" ???
I don't have any problem with my Wii Motion Controller but yea I did get confused about your reply on "checking the Bluetooth module in your Wii's console".

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any suggestion good free software to do that under Windows10?
Yes! Yesterday downloaded RUFUS from the Microsoft Store.
Yesterday formatted a TOSHIBA 320GB HDD to FAT32, MBR Sector, 1 partition and just tested it today and it's working flawlessly.

If you're still experiencing problems with your particular HDD, then it's very likely to be an incompatibility issue.
Popular HDD brand most people uses are from Western Digital.

But again, I'm using an old Laptop TOSHIBA 2.5 HDD and it's working fine for me.

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Attachments

• Rufus 4.4.2103.jpg
    Rufus 4.4.2103.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let's go man, I will try to see what happens.
Once you've formatted your HDD to FAT32, MBR Boot Sector, put one Gamecube ISO and one Wii WBFS in their proper structured routes:

Gamecube Games: HDD/games/Folder with name of game/game.iso.
Wii Games: HDD/wbfs/Folder with name of game and [ID OF GAME]/ID OF GAME.wbfs

Launch Nintendont, and upon loading, choose USB. It should load your Gamecube game(s) right away.

Launch USB Loader GX, and even if it doesn't load the WBFS games right away, remember to choose "Settings" and then tell USB Loader GX to use USB instead of SD (if you had SD choosen previously) and it should read both your Gamecube and Wii games.

Regarding emulators, such as RetroArch, Snes9xGX, FCEUGX, VBAGX and others, remember to tell them to load from USB and provide routes when needed.

Again: If you're still experiencing problems with your HDD, opt for using another brand.

And if you're encountering other issues, post them and we'll try to help as soon as we can, and in my case, as long as I know how to solve the issue, I'll provide help.

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Once you've formatted your HDD to FAT32, MBR Boot Sector, put one Gamecube ISO and one Wii WBFS in their proper structured routes:

Gamecube Games: HDD/games/Folder with name of game/game.iso.
Wii Games: HDD/wbfs/Folder with name of game and [ID OF GAME]/ID OF GAME.wbfs

Launch Nintendont, and upon loading, choose USB. It should load your Gamecube game(s) right away.

Launch USB Loader GX, and even if it doesn't load the WBFS games right away, remember to choose "Settings" and then tell USB Loader GX to use USB instead of SD (if you had SD choosen previously) and it should read both your Gamecube and Wii games.

Regarding emulators, such as RetroArch, Snes9xGX, FCEUGX, VBAGX and others, remember to tell them to load from USB and provide routes when needed.

Again: If you're still experiencing problems with your HDD, opt for using another brand.

And if you're encountering other issues, post them and we'll try to help as soon as we can, and in my case, as long as I know how to solve the issue, I'll provide help.
All good brother. All good, thanks for the help. Thanks to all the coders who made the HBC and also credit to all the coders who made GX Loader. Now I will edit the USB_Devices_Compatibility_List for everyone to know this HDD is working. Cheers

Attachments

• Homebrew Channel.jpeg
    Homebrew Channel.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Loader.jpeg
    Loader.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 7

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All good brother. All good, thanks for the help. Thanks to all the coders who made the HBC and also credit to all the coders who made GX Loader. Now I will edit the USB_Devices_Compatibility_List for everyone to know this HDD is working. Cheers
Cool.

Allow me to explain what happened in the first place.

The Homebrew Channel always expects a FAT32 partition. The reason why you blackscreened when you chose USB over SD in the Homebrew Channel is because your HDD wasn't in either FAT32, or had a GPT Boot Sector.

Reformatting your drive was the only way to fix your issues.

Glad we fixed your problem.

Enjoy!

Reactions: jeannotte

L0LIpOp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Cool.

Allow me to explain what happened in the first place.

The Homebrew Channel always expects a FAT32 partition. The reason why you blackscreened when you chose USB over SD in the Homebrew Channel is because your HDD wasn't in either FAT32, or had a GPT Boot Sector.

Reformatting your drive was the only way to fix your issues.

Glad we fixed your problem.

Enjoy!
It was FAT32 but I think It had a GPT Boot Sector. I've made a MBR and It's working also I've edited the https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List#1TB for everyone to know this HDD it's good.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1