• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Russia is now a threat to NATO!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Russia certainly has its problems, but the most important ones are internal. I mean... Sure, i just banged on about the flaws in us elections, but Putin actually DID put his strongest adversary (Navalny) in jail. I can't really say to which degree the country is in uproar, but there's certainly large protests.

But a threat to the rest of the world? At this point, I'm not convinced. The fact that this thread is two pages long and no one even brought up the obvious makes me doubt it as well. But hey... Let's bring em in, shall we?

* The invasion/annexation of the krim: granted: i was very worried when this happened. It came seemingly out of nowhere, and Ukraine is probably still pissed that Russia'stole' part of their country. However, that's been two years ago and things seem to have quiet down (note: i might be mistaken). So maybe -repeat: MAYBE - there is some truth to Russia's claim that the majority of the population wanted to be part of Russia. :unsure:
* The poisoning of former spy (Skipral) in the uk. This recently got a sort of sequel as a uk couple got somehow infected with the same poison. This is obviously a scandal. The unfortunate thing is, though, that with the brexit, the uk government is... How do i put it politely?... Filled with morons. Boris Johnson went all out against Russia before he had any proof, and that image kind of sticks. Basically: before proper investigation is complete, this argument is moot

Edit: as of posting this, Boris Johnson and some others quit their job because they couldn't have the brexit happen their way. Seeing how it is now handled by May - originally a bremainder, mind you - then you'll agree that i wasn't exaggerating by calling Johnson a moron

Last edited by Taleweaver,
Reactions: Xzi

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably, but the US definitely isn't interested in confronting Russia with our current leadership. For obvious reasons. We're more likely to go to war with Iran and let Russia do whatever the hell it wants.

or Venezuela? I'm afraid that our country is in mess and if invasion of Iran occurs so it wouldn't be same anymore.

Reactions: Xzi

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screenshot_20180609-133453.png
That's how much of a threat Russia is to NATO.

Last edited by GBAer,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or Venezuela?
Should just be invaded by Brazil, Guyana, and Columbia and split between the three. I doubt the people would even mind at this point(they'd probably welcome them as liberators, lol), if it meant they get food. Eventually they're no longer going to be able to afford their security, and a coup is going to occur.

Oh, and as for Russia. A country that can end life on earth within a few hours is a threat to more than just NATO.

Last edited by Viri,

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Should just be invaded by Brazil, Guyana, and Columbia and split between the three. I doubt the people would even mind at this point(they'd probably welcome them as liberators, lol), if it meant they get food. Eventually they're no longer going to be able to afford their security, and a coup is going to occur.

Oh, and as for Russia. A country that can end life on earth within a few hours is a threat to more than just NATO.

Russia is no threat , look closer at NATO they are doing a dangerous game like the Roman did with Greece and Egypt ... they are the real problem they want absolute world control over every country that why the trade wars is happening and that not a good thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme