Safe to go from sysnand cfw to emunand?

|<roni&g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received a modded Switch yesterday, waiting for the RCM chip to get here. The switch has the latest AMS firmware but it's installed on sysnand, am I safe to follow the cfw guide as normal to setup as emunand instead? And to upgrade the micro sd from 128gb to 256 I just use GUI format on new card and copy files over, then follow emunand guide?
Cheers

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received a modded Switch yesterday, waiting for the RCM chip to get here. The switch has the latest AMS firmware but it's installed on sysnand, am I safe to follow the cfw guide as normal to setup as emunand instead? And to upgrade the micro sd from 128gb to 256 I just use GUI format on new card and copy files over, then follow emunand guide?
Cheers
ams isnt installed anywhere, its overlayed on sysnand, so yes you can make a emunand.

hopefully you recieved a nand backup with your new switch, as i assume your sysnand is compromised(ban worthy).

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
emuNAND at first is a copy of the sysNAND so is completely safe. If you prefer the file based emuNAND, update the SD card to a bigger one is so easy as copy all files to New card. Always use FAT32!!

If you create a raw partition based emuNAND you will need a program to migrate the partition from a card to other.

Never follow a youtube video "guide". Prefer a official one like https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol