Hacking Safe to update to system update 9.2.0??

x64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a mariko switch on firmware 9.1.0. Does it matter if I update it to 9.2.0 while waiting for the new SX OS 3.0?

ricosuave0922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been away for a little while, wasn't there a thing with firmware 9 bricking the cartridge slot or something on sx? I'm assuming that's been sorted by now?

Thats why I hadn't updated mine to 9 yet, but seems if things are all clear now it may be time to pull it out and update it.

Last edited by ricosuave0922,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been away for a little while, wasn't there a thing with firmware 9 bricking the cartridge slot or something on sx? I'm assuming that's been sorted by now?

Thats why I hadn't updated mine to 9 yet, but seems if things are all clear now it may be time to pull it out and update it.

SX will always update the cart slot

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It only bricks it on lower firmwares, and it is not only SX, it's every cfw you would use to load a lower firmware.
The cartridge controller has its own set of fuses and firmware basically, so when it gets updated a fuse there is burnt, rendering it inoperant with lower firmwares that require a lower cart-fuse count to load the cartridge reader firmware.

There are some protections in some cfw to forbid this controller from updating (by deactivating it), but that means you then cannot use cartridges in newer versions of the OS that need the updated cart slot, and that is only of use for people that want to keep nand on a low version and update emunand to play newer (pirated?) eshop games there.

drrastovac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I literally updated my two consoles to the latest 9.2.0 thirty minutes ago, and all apps that I'm using are working. Also, all games are working. I updated using the ChoiDujourNX.

Last edited by drrastovac,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.