Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Sounds great. Although I didn't enjoy SSBB as much, I am (and always) be looking forward for a new SSB.

I'd so buy a Wii U and SSB4 if my impossible-dream came true if they added:

Jill from Drill Dozer, as a playable character...not an assist.She deserves a spotlight IMHO
assist15_080206f-l.jpg

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people have stupid definitions of gimmicks here >_> Something like Sonic and Snake were gimmicks, assist trophies weren't. But this looks great, I. thought Sakurai was going to make Smash Bros a shooter or something stupid like that, as much as I do think a 3D battle environment (like KI) would be great, I am glad he's not doing anything like it.

What I would like is a more robust story mode, atleast make the reason all these guys are fighting somewhat official, Ik not saying make it consume the game, but make me want to see more. SSE was a good start. Keep it going, nice generic environments which can belong to multiple characters games. I don't want to be playing and see mushroom castle like in melee so I can flat-out tell that this is Marios area.

Reactions: 1 person

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least 42 characters,and please keep ike....
the assist trophy gimmick should be in this game too.
As much as I like Ike, this is pretty unlikely seeing as how Roy was dropped from Melee to Brawl.

I like that Sakurai considers these sorts of things, though it's not surprising seeing as how great all of the SSB games have been so far. He's also already mentioned the possibility of Capcom characters, but seeing as how the only Capcom character I'd really like to see is Leon Scott Kennedy, I'm gonna say that comment's not going to come into fruition the way I want it to, if it does at all.

Reactions: 1 person

OJClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would really like for there to be an insane amount of characters to master
most people playing this game are going to be familiar with the series and I've liked learning new characters every game it's a lot of fun

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So snake is gonna make a 2nd appearance? I just wish they would rework his moves a bit. Glad he's still in though. I hope story mode is kept and made even better. I also hope the 3DS version won't be stripped down in terms of amount of characters and modes available. I know graphics won't be as good as wii-u version, but ill be happy as long as everything else is the same. 3ds players vs wii-u players over WiFi would be great. I'm not getting wii-u, so I'm hoping for the best for 3ds version. As far as capcom chars, Chris, Jill, Wesker, Oldschool version of Dante, Viewtiful Joe. I'd like to see at least one of them in the game.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
I just hope Toon Dark Link is included (dp).
I also hope that there'll be costumes or different versions of a character such as Paper Mario,8-Bit Link or Baby luigi.
I think that's a good idea...

Reactions: 2 people

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
awesome, always looking forward to another SSB
I do hope they add costumes that aren't just pallete swaps, kinda like how Wario had his Bros. outfit and his Biker outfit.

also customizable/create your own characters :D

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
It would be pretty cool if they added non-nintendo characters *cough* sora *cough..
I think there's a rule about characters, I think that any characters that appear must have appeared in a Nintendo console (I think cameos don't count either) and KH appeared two times on the DS and one time on the 3DS, so I hope so ^_^ Or at least they can make a KH assist characters ^_^

Oh and I hope they would remove the Nintendogs assist thing... IT WAS SO FREAKISHLY ANNOYING! D8

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm wishing for a little bit bigger stages, like the Zelda stage from Melee (which made a retro-return in Brawl) :) I also think that they should do something about the final smash orb, I have super troubles to get it every time. I hit it 4-5 times in the air when it flies around, and never get it, while the opponents get it in 1-2 hits (doesn't matter if it's new or if it's after I hit them). Though it may just be me sucking extremely bad at it... Also, I think they should remove the 30 second - 3 minute demos of retro games that was in brawl. They added nothing fun to the game. a 30 minute demo perhaps. Or a few very hard to unlock full games. But a 30 second donkey kong demo? Meh.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm wishing for a little bit bigger stages, like the Zelda stage from Melee (which made a retro-return in Brawl) :) I also think that they should do something about the final smash orb, I have super troubles to get it every time. I hit it 4-5 times in the air when it flies around, and never get it, while the opponents get it in 1-2 hits (doesn't matter if it's new or if it's after I hit them). Though it may just be me sucking extremely bad at it... Also, I think they should remove the 30 second - 3 minute demos of retro games that was in brawl. They added nothing fun to the game. a 30 minute demo perhaps. Or a few very hard to unlock full games. But a 30 second donkey kong demo? Meh.

Think that depends on which characters/moves you use, but I'm not sure.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah probably is, but I have trouble even hitting them, so it's often some standard attack hitting them, b-button, up+a, I try some stuff... flies so high up most of the time so I have to use double jumps to reach them so smash-attacks are out of the question :P
But yeah, it's based on my skills obviously. But I still dislike how it behaves. I'd change the smash orb against that 3 part space ship thing... collect 3 pieces and hold those 3 pieces at once (able to knock them off other players) and once you have three, you get the final smash :)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Smash Balls can take a certain amount of damage before breaking and obviously a character with more power will break it easier than one with less power. It's of course part of the power vs. speed balance. Like a stronger character like Ike can break it pretty easily but he's also slow and can't jump well. A weaker character like Kirby deals less damage but can deal more hits, move faster, and jump more. It's just part of the balance of the game (although it's not like SSB is balanced well).

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
I think people have stupid definitions of gimmicks here >_> Something like Sonic and Snake were gimmicks, assist trophies weren't. But this looks great, I. thought Sakurai was going to make Smash Bros a shooter or something stupid like that, as much as I do think a 3D battle environment (like KI) would be great, I am glad he's not doing anything like it.

What I would like is a more robust story mode, atleast make the reason all these guys are fighting somewhat official, Ik not saying make it consume the game, but make me want to see more. SSE was a good start. Keep it going, nice generic environments which can belong to multiple characters games. I don't want to be playing and see mushroom castle like in melee so I can flat-out tell that this is Marios area.
Characters aren't gimmicks

Reactions: 5 people

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well Smash Balls can take a certain amount of damage before breaking and obviously a character with more power will break it easier than one with less power. It's of course part of the power vs. speed balance. Like a stronger character like Ike can break it pretty easily but he's also slow and can't jump well. A weaker character like Kirby deals less damage but can deal more hits, move faster, and jump more. It's just part of the balance of the game (although it's not like SSB is balanced well).
Yeah, exactly! my problem is being to slow to reach that orb with a powerful character, not hitting it enough with a less powerful character, and totally jumping away from the orb (overshooting) with a quick character :P Lack of skills in other words!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol