Scene experts needed! GBAtemp is hiring

Do you have a passion for the console hacking scene? Are you constantly following new announcements and developments? Would you like to help spread new information to others through our home page?

Then GBAtemp needs YOU!

newsy.png

We are looking for a new reporter to further expand our coverage of Nintendo Switch and 3DS scene news, homebrew projects and other news that may interest the GBAtemp community. General gaming news is already well covered by our current staff - the focus here is on the modding scene.

If any of the following apply to you - you could be who we're looking for:
  • Closely follow the console hacking scene (focus on Switch, 3DS),
  • Have expert knowledge on the current state of firmware,modding developments, homebrew projects etc.
  • Have spare time to devote to posting high quality news,
  • Have experience writing news articles/guides etc.,
Please note that this is NOT a moderator position. This is a paid news reporter position that would require you to frequently post news of a high standard to our home-page. You would also be expected to liaise with other staff via the Telegram chat app and be dependable on keeping GBAtemp.net at the forefront for major breaking developments.

If this sounds like you then you can apply below. Please tell us a bit about yourself, your position in the scene and any previous writing experience you may have and why you think you'd be a good fit for the position. Please be honest and open, we're a friendly bunch!

:arrow: If you are interested in applying, please send us a PM!

General applications will be accepted until the 7th December

Attachments

• ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png
    ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 237,993

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised there is still a focus on 3DS. I think it's pretty much at a point where it has everything it can reasonably have. There are barely any games being released for it to even attract new interest to the scene.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm surprised there is still a focus on 3DS. I think it's pretty much at a point where it has everything it can reasonably have. There are barely any games being released for it to even attract new interest to the scene.
It's cheap, well-known and can be unbanned easily.
Why not?

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cheap, well-known and can be unbanned easily.
Why not?
I meant that there won't be any NEW developments since the scene is dead. You are asking someone to go on a wild goose chase to be on the lookout for stuff that will not exist again. I think they should focus solely on Switch only, and leave 3DS alone.
XBOX doesn't really have a scene as far as I know, and KiiWii basically holds the fort on PS4 info all on his own and for free.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On a related note, could we please be allowed to put staff members in our ignore lists in case we wish to hide all content of those staff members from the frontpage and forums?

Sounds like a complete waste of time and effort on part of the admins. You'll just have to use your big boy eyes and only click on what you're interested in rather than worrying about who posted it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s literally a few lines of code. Try harder next time, little ...whoever you are :unsure:
You can't ignore staff for basic reasons. The staff run the site. The one you are using. If there is someone you dont like or dont agree with, the best thing you can do is grow up and deal with it. Now, your initial question actually has nothing to do with this thread. So further discussion on this front will not be tolerated here.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not a very good writer, but I could probably send stuff to people to write for me.
Feel free to do that then lol, we're always happy to see cool stuff hit the front page.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably out, because my modded N2DS hasn't been touched in a long time nor has it updated with the latest version of Luma 3DS. Also my Switch has never been modded in any way, shape or form. Much less the fact that I haven't been involved or really following the scene. As if I was qualified anyway :unsure:

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would like to point out that modding != hacking a console. That's a misunderstanding.

But most of the times, hacking > modding, so you need a hacked console to mod it (in a scene style that is).

A scene expert would had to be someone active on hacking a console (or consoles), instead of someone active on reading Twitter and alikes for news. The latter can be done by most people, but that doesn't entitle them as "experts".

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I meant that there won't be any NEW developments since the scene is dead. You are asking someone to go on a wild goose chase to be on the lookout for stuff that will not exist again. I think they should focus solely on Switch only, and leave 3DS alone.
XBOX doesn't really have a scene as far as I know, and KiiWii basically holds the fort on PS4 info all on his own and for free.
"3ds scene is dead" --> Only to GBAtemp.

Look at this chart and try and tell me how 800 people cfw-ing their 3ds every day constitutes a dead scene. (and over 100,000 since January).
This data is from automated frogminer/seedminer/steelminer assistance sites that are now associated with 3ds.hacks.guide.
chart(3).png
Yes, there is a surge at the most recent right edge because new and better (completely free cfw) methods were recently added to plailect's guide.
But the average remains about 800/day.

It's true that switch haxing is much more popular on GBATemp. But the scene has moved on to other places, like Nintendo Homebrew Discord and Reddit.

Last edited by zoogie,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm interested in switch scenes, but miss time to properly follow all the new releases and progress. I mostly get the information from GBAtemp, so it would be limited to making portal news of existing threads, no real information for releases done on other websites.
I try to read a lot, to be able to help users here. I also try to gather all existing projects and releases to list them on wikitemp for easier search, I hope it's helpful to more people than me. (I also wouldn't be against getting some help, for free this time, it's not a job request :P)

Good luck on users submitting their application for the scene's news. I hope we'll get good coverage on portal :)

Reactions: shaunj66

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually, I think this demand for applications is caused by the Switch Hax Weekly Issues format by @Quantumcat which seems to be abandoned by her because of time. I think I might also be the reason for the focus on the 3DS scene because I asked for it in the most recent thread. ^-^

I would actually love to do the job as well - due to my interest in improving my English language skills and helping the community. Unfortunately, my free time is also limited by my studies and my part time job although I am very interested in both scenes even if I don't have a Switch (yet, haha).

Is there any information on payment? @shaunj66

Cheers!

Last edited by hurrz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast