Sci-fi space adventure-horror game 'Haunted Space' revealed

haunted space.jpg

Coming from Italy-based developer Italian Games Factory is Haunted Space, a sci-fi space adventure/horror title. The gameplay is said to merge fast-paced dogfighting, trading ship crafting, customisable flight simulation and multi-stage boss battles. You can watch the reveal trailer below:

In the far future, the second age of human civilisation reached the distant Neterun galaxy and discovered a powerful energy called Sonic Matter. Millions of settlers arrived in Neterun's systems and a vast factory called the Metal Mother Facility was built to harvest this valuable resource. But humanity soon discovered they were not alone…

In Haunted Space, you take on the role of a Raider, in the service of the Human Empire, as you traverse a treacherous galaxy in the far reaches of space. Take on quests across multiple systems or strike out on your own to fight, explore and scavenge resources and credits. Trade, craft, customise your ship and fight to survive as you uncover the mystery of a galaxy haunted by an ancient civilisation.

Key features of the game include:
  • EXPLORE THE NETERUN GALAXY - Traverse multiple unique star systems, each filled with danger and intrigue. Play in first-person or third-person perspective as you overcome the challenges of this dangerous backwater of space
  • EXPERIENCE A DEEP AND EPIC SCI-FI HORROR STORY - Neterun is full of monuments and relics left by an ancient civilisation and the galaxy is haunted by their ghosts. Unravel the reasons for their presence and fight for survival against their supernatural threat in a story inspired by the dark and twisted tales of Heavy Metal and 2000AD
  • TAKE ON THE FEARSOME COLOSSI – Overcome the odds in fierce multi-stage boss battles against ancient God-like creatures composed of organic matter and space debris
  • MAKE YOUR MARK - Trade and craft new ships and ship equipment using powerful and customisable ship modification tools - create and buy new weapons, shields, cargo containers, engines and more
  • NEXT GENERATION IMMERSION – Stunning ray tracing effects and immersive audio put you in the heart of the action like never before
  • PLAY YOUR WAY – In HAUNTED SPACE, the innovative co-pilot system allows you to choose the level of control you prefer, from a complete space simulation, through to a more arcade-style experience. At its maximum level, the co-pilot makes the game accessible for blind and visually impaired users, and it also supports eye-tracking
Haunted Space is coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PC but no release window has been announced.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
pfffft they weren't able to call it Dead Space so it's Haunted Space instead lmao. Sounds like one of those placeholder names devs use except it's not.

Also reminds me of this banger tweet:
maxresdefault.jpg

I really hope this game leans into more Lovecraftian cosmic horror shit like Cthulu and isn't "just another fps game" but with *SPACE GHOSTS*.

Last edited by Seliph,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Horror, possibly even cosmic, in a space sim?

I have been burned before so I am not going to get my hopes up. However I really do hope it is good.
Such things are staples of sci fi books, TV shows and films but sitting here I am not sure I have played a space sim game with it as any kind of focus.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Horror, possibly even cosmic, in a space sim?

I have been burned before so I am not going to get my hopes up. However I really do hope it is good.
Such things are staples of sci fi books, TV shows and films but sitting here I am not sure I have played a space sim game with it as any kind of focus.
I mean look at the video. Runs like ass.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Spooky as all hell, a dogfight. Always makes me crawl under the bed.

And the video is aggravating, jittering all over. Who did that should have its ass stapled.

Am I'm bad at following orders, so I won't wishlist it anytime soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe