Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.wired.com/listening_post/2008/04/a-scientific-at/

QUOTE said:
After gathering data about people’s least favorite music and lyrical subjects, they did the unthinkable: they combined them into a single monstrosity, specifically engineered to sound unpleasant to the maximum percentage of listeners.

Amazingly, this "most unwanted music" contains little dissonance — that would have been too easy. For the most part, they seem to have tried to assemble these elements in a listenable way.

Komar & Melamid and David Soldier’s list of undesirable elements included holiday music, bagpipes, pipe organ, a children’s chorus and the concept of children in general (really?), Wal-Mart, cowboys, political jingoism, George Stephanopoulos, Coca Cola, bossanova synths, banjo ferocity, harp glissandos, oompah-ing tubas and much, much more. It’s actually a fascinating listen, worthwhile for the opera rapping alone. (We didn’t think that was possible either.)

The opera singer rapping about being a cowboy is my favorite part.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure what it was but caused a sense of nostalgia- as an overall song was probably not brilliant but taken at minute long intervals it reminded me of various old computer games (amiga- looking at maxis, bullfrog and team17, 16bit and earlier consoles mainly along with a generous helping of first and second party N64 games). I will note that my less than brilliant hearing meant I could not understand half of what was said.

I know they specifically avoided dissonance but stuff like tritone, infrasound other such tricks might have been more effective. Also looking at it that previous sentence might be the most musically err knowledgeable sentence I have ever constructed- I should cop to only knowing about tritone thanks to Black Sabbath- Black Sabbath.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you posted this months ago
mad.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
.....That was Patrick Star getting paid to create that song! No I can see someone using that music to be evil and trolling.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Earth has no logic.

How can a kid like that make millions of teenage girls swoon and I can't?

...Well, they see me and collapse, but I doubt that's the effect I'm looking for.
At the very least, I wish they would get back up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: