Gaming Scribblenauts Hype and News Thread

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is full of glitches.. objects bouncing around, you bouncing off of objects etc.. the hit detection is off but its still a fun game
biggrin.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keva said:
This game is full of glitches.. objects bouncing around, you bouncing off of objects etc.. the hit detection is off but its still a fun game
biggrin.gif

Yeah...I'm more inclined to call it poor design rather than glitches. The way they designed the A.I. and physics -- both being very simple -- the objects in the game often react is very frustrating ways. There was one puzzle, for instance, where all I had to do was wait for an object to slowly move out of the way (due to it being bound by the physics) in order to get to the starlite. It felt cheap.

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a cross between slightly weird physics and a weird design choice where they weren't 100% sure if they were going for real objects or 2D objects like a storybook. It's the only way I can really justify why "sun" or "cloud" come with them tied to the sky with strings.

My biggest issue with this game is how easy it is to fall into the trap of using the same words for every puzzle. I actually feel like I'm cheating because I constantly use "gun," "wings," and "rope."

If they make a Scribblenauts 2, I think they should really just map Maxwell's controls to the d-pad and let everything else be stylus control. Most of the control issues would be solved if they did this.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol at the last puzzle and action levels they sure were tricky but I figured them out.

now I just have a few more tricky-to-maneuver levels to beat, the back to the future level (I dunno what to do) and the costume level (I wear tons of stuff but its not giving me a star)

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
I think it's a cross between slightly weird physics and a weird design choice where they weren't 100% sure if they were going for real objects or 2D objects like a storybook. It's the only way I can really justify why "sun" or "cloud" come with them tied to the sky with strings.

My biggest issue with this game is how easy it is to fall into the trap of using the same words for every puzzle. I actually feel like I'm cheating because I constantly use "gun," "wings," and "rope."

If they make a Scribblenauts 2, I think they should really just map Maxwell's controls to the d-pad and let everything else be stylus control. Most of the control issues would be solved if they did this.
I made a list of all the words i've previously used and try not to use them anymore it makes the game more of a challenge and funner =P

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they also should have a difficulty setting where you could only use a word so many times, forcing creative solutions where the same words can be used to keep beating the levels

HeartOfCold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought of using a black hole for the tornado. I did it using a pogo stick. It was quite fun to watch being bounced up and down, then I ended up over the tornado.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally beat all of the levels, including the pretty unclear ones...

I liked one of the levels where you start in a place that is too big for you to get out of. I decided to make a terrorist, give him a shrink ray, and let him do the rest, but when I was tinified, I couldn't use my normal generic items, like wings or pegasus or a gun. so I placed those items near the exit where the terrorist was and had him shoot at me, missing and shrinking everything so that maxwell could use them.

AWESOME

so I guess if you solve levels with brand new items you get a gold star on them? I dunno...

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MeleeMaster500 said:
finally beat all of the levels, including the pretty unclear ones...

I liked one of the levels where you start in a place that is too big for you to get out of. I decided to make a terrorist, give him a shrink ray, and let him do the rest, but when I was tinified, I couldn't use my normal generic items, like wings or pegasus or a gun. so I placed those items near the exit where the terrorist was and had him shoot at me, missing and shrinking everything so that maxwell could use them.

AWESOME

so I guess if you solve levels with brand new items you get a gold star on them? I dunno...
You get gold stars by replaying the levels after you beat them and finding 3 ways to solve the levels

jokster2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound ass-holeish i checked my order on gamestop and they shipped a day early and i got my rooster hat that was supposed to be backordered!!!
yaynds.gif

kungi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To get past the tornado, I made a robot on the other side next to the starite, and put some glue on him and connected him to the starite. Then I made a magnet and sucked him over right on the other side of the 'nado. It was easy fishin' from there.

cmdixon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy at gamestop gave us our rooster hat last night (not the game, just the hat). Here's my son (coincidentally named Maxwell) modeling:

MaxRoosterHat.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1