[ScVi] I discovered how to make Perfect Shiny Sandwiches. Help me figure out more recipes.

ergerger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did my first shiny hunt. Here are a couple of things I found out (might be common knowledge already):

1. Sparkling sandwich + outbreak with Pokemon of the correct type is probably the fastest way to find a shiny.
2. You can't start the outbreak if the Pokemon does not spawn at that time of day.
3. Length of the outbreak depends on the amount of Pokemon defeated and is not time-dependent.
4. You can leave the location of an outbreak and come back later and there will be no increase or decrease in the number of spawns until the Pokemon disperse.
5. Outbreaks are not immediately replaced on the map after you disperse them. (There were 6 total outbreaks on my map and completing four did not make any more appear).
6. You can leave an outbreak and complete a separate outbreak and come back and continue the first one.

Shiny chances:

I used the Sparkling power recipe: Ghost, which provided sparkling power and title power. I completed 3 ghost type outbreaks (Drifloon, Sinistea, and Haunter) and got one shiny (Sinistea). I've completed 5 outbreaks without the aid of sandwiches and got zero shinies.

Nanikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
UPDATE: On mixing ingredients with sandwichs

Following on from the last one where I explained how mixing works if you use 2 ingredients.
Using 3 ingredients works similarly. It takes the earliest item in the item list + the latest item + whatever your other ingredient is

Item list again for reference and the types they give.
Item 1937: Strawberry (Fighting, Psychic, Ghost)
Item 1938: Apple (Flying, Ice, Steel)
Item 1939: Kiwi (Poison, Dragon, Fire)
Item 1940: Pineapple (Ground, Dark, Water)

If I make a sandwich with Strawberry and Apple the outcome will be Fighting, Ghost, Flying
(Fighting and Ghost from strawberry because it's first in the list, and the other being the first typing from your second ingredient)

If I make a sandwich with Strawberry, Apple and Kiwi instead the outcome you get is Fighting, Poison, Flying
(Fighting from strawberry for being earliest in the item list. Poison from Kiwi being the 3rd earliest in the list and Flying from apple because it's 2nd earliest)

The specific circumstances for recipes with 3+ ingredients applies for 4, 5 and 6. It doesn't matter how many extra you add past that point, it will be calculated the same way.

If you do Strawberry + Apple + Kiwi + Pinapple you will get Fighting, Poison, Flying. The same as above.
If you do Strawberry + Apple + Kiwi + Pinapple + Jalapeno you will still get Fighting, Poison, Flying

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
So i got sparkling fighting lvl 3 and egg power 3 with
Strawberries sweet and salty herb
I still hunting herba mistica. I wonder if we save before doing the sandwich with auto save off is the right thing to do. (that way, if you don't find the shiny you want, you reset and try again without the pain that it is to find those herbs)

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i got sparkling fighting lvl 3 and egg power 3 with
Strawberries sweet and salty herb
YESSSSSSSSSS
Post automatically merged:

I still hunting herba mistica. I wonder if we save before doing the sandwich with auto save off is the right thing to do. (that way, if you don't find the shiny you want, you reset and try again without the pain that it is to find those herbs)
That would be the smart thing to do

Atlantiantokra

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've started testing sandwiches without the herbs. I'll put my list below, all were made with lettuce and a single condiment. All I can say from my few tests so far is that the powers and types are determined by both the filling and the condiment, and that Lettuce seems strongly linked to grass type and the encounter power
All powers are Lv.1

MayonnaiseTeensyGrassEncounterFightingRaidNormal
KetchupEncounterGrassRaidPoisonCatchingFlying
MustardHumungoGrassEncounterRockRaidGround
ButterEggEncounterGhostRaid Bug
Peanut ButterEggEncounterFireRaidSteel
Chilli SauceHumungoGrassEncounterNormalRaidWater
saltExp. PointGrassEncounterPsychicRaidElectric
PepperHumungoGrassEncounterDragonRaidIce
YogurtCatchingGrassEncounterFairyRaidDark
Whipped CreamEggEncounterFlyingCatchingNormal
Cream CheeseEggEncounterSteelCatchingBug
JamCatchingGrassEncounterIceItem DropElectric
MarmaladeItem DropGrassEncounterPoisonCatchingFighting
Olive OilItem DropGrassEncounterFireCatchingGhost
VinegarTeensyGrassEncounterDragonCatchingPsychic

ergerger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys just a little warning. If you progress in the school, the home ec teacher will eventually ask you for sweet herba mystica. I wouldn't give it to him. He just eats it and gives you a slowpoke cup in return. It's almost insulting in a way.

shiny buizel in 17 minutes with water sparkling sandwich.

Last edited by ergerger,

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
Guys just a little warning. If you progress in the school, the home ec teacher will eventually ask you for sweet herba mystica. I wouldn't give it to him. He just eats it and gives you a slowpoke cup in return. It's almost insulting in a way.

shiny buizel in 17 minutes with water sparkling sandwich.
I'm hunting for herbs, it's taking forever

PanoramicPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: On mixing ingredients with sandwichs

Following on from the last one where I explained how mixing works if you use 2 ingredients.
Using 3 ingredients works similarly. It takes the earliest item in the item list + the latest item + whatever your other ingredient is

Item list again for reference and the types they give.
Item 1937: Strawberry (Fighting, Psychic, Ghost)
Item 1938: Apple (Flying, Ice, Steel)
Item 1939: Kiwi (Poison, Dragon, Fire)
Item 1940: Pineapple (Ground, Dark, Water)

If I make a sandwich with Strawberry and Apple the outcome will be Fighting, Ghost, Flying
(Fighting and Ghost from strawberry because it's first in the list, and the other being the first typing from your second ingredient)

If I make a sandwich with Strawberry, Apple and Kiwi instead the outcome you get is Fighting, Poison, Flying
(Fighting from strawberry for being earliest in the item list. Poison from Kiwi being the 3rd earliest in the list and Flying from apple because it's 2nd earliest)

The specific circumstances for recipes with 3+ ingredients applies for 4, 5 and 6. It doesn't matter how many extra you add past that point, it will be calculated the same way.

If you do Strawberry + Apple + Kiwi + Pinapple you will get Fighting, Poison, Flying. The same as above.
If you do Strawberry + Apple + Kiwi + Pinapple + Jalapeno you will still get Fighting, Poison, Flying

So, in order to get a specific type on all three powers, would you basically go down the list and choose 3 ingredients that have it as their first type?

I think some powers might be mutually exclusive, but unsure. I've been trying to get Exp Normal and Encounter Normal, and can't seem to make it happen.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Threw this together for anybody hunting Salty Herba. Not quite as graphically nice as the OP but it does the job lol.

All can give any herb, salt only is salt only, and the ones in the middle can give the herba at both 5 and 6 star.

1669067705754.png

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
Threw this together for anybody hunting Salty Herba. Not quite as graphically nice as the OP but it does the job lol.

All can give any herb, salt only is salt only, and the ones in the middle can give the herba at both 5 and 6 star.

View attachment 339228
This is handy, thank you. Even that Serebii has all the info, it is a pain to find stuff there. It is too much data that becomes overwhelming. This chart is easy to look, you make things way faster for sure.

On the subject of choosing your raid, as a suggestion of mine to anyone hunting using multiplayer with randoms, do avoid raids that the monster have good attacks on types such as ice, ground, fairy and psychic. Most of time (if not all) people will enter the raid blind using their box legendary, and they start to die a lot against those attacks, so even that you have the perfect typing, you end up losing.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is handy, thank you. Even that Serebii has all the info, it is a pain to find stuff there. It is too much data that becomes overwhelming. This chart is easy to look, you make things way faster for sure.

On the subject of choosing your raid, as a suggestion of mine to anyone hunting using multiplayer with randoms, do avoid raids that the monster have good attacks on types such as ice, ground, fairy and psychic. Most of time (if not all) people will enter the raid blind using their box legendary, and they start to die a lot against those attacks, so even that you have the perfect typing, you end up losing.
I think that's something that'll get better in the next few weeks to be fair. I'm just as guilty of using Koraidon in raids while I grinded money for other stuff lol.

Gugyugubah

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Okay so if I were to make a sandwich, save, and start clearing an outbreak and reset if I don’t get shinies, will I still be able to go for the outbreak or are they removed like in PLA after the update?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so if I were to make a sandwich, save, and start clearing an outbreak and reset if I don’t get shinies, will I still be able to go for the outbreak or are they removed like in PLA after the update?
Save before the sandwich, not after. I don't know how outbreaks work but sandwich timers must be based on system time or something.

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
Save before the sandwich, not after. I don't know how outbreaks work but sandwich timers must be based on system time or something.
serebii says that effects last 1 hour, some places say half hour. What I do is kill the outbreak, than soft reset (if unsuccessful). It usually takes 25 minutes or so.

Reactions: Gugyugubah

The_Time_Is_Nigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 339228
Dang, great job. Wish I had seen this before I spent all day putting one together myself.

serebii says that effects last 1 hour, some places say half hour. What I do is kill the outbreak, than soft reset (if unsuccessful). It usually takes 25 minutes or so.
It's 30 minutes. You can press right on your d pad to see exacts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong