Hacking SD car reader down.

jose1209

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
hi my sd reader no longer work, it's pins from the motherboard.
the console is banned
so is there a way using hecate or anything else to be able to use the console
at leat for player some homebrews ? like emulators ?

to resule a hack but without any sd card ?

thanks in advance for the answer

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
hi my sd reader no longer work, it's pins from the motherboard.
the console is banned
so is there a way using hecate or anything else to be able to use the console
at leat for player some homebrews ? like emulators ?

to resule a hack but without any sd card ?

thanks in advance for the answer
To use CFW on switch you MUST have a working sd card (and sd slot of course). So unfortunately you have to repair it or only use internal storage for official stuff.

jose1209

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
hi
some pins are missing in the motherboard.
so it's over i can't fix that. too small to make something.

thanks

20200704_190021.jpg

jose1209

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
yes obvilously not for me , don't ask me how this append... i don't understand, but as long as i read treads i'm not the only one.

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
yes obvilously not for me , don't ask me how this append... i don't understand, but as long as i read treads i'm not the only one.
Sorry to hear yours died, it seems to be a design defect with the connector. Many, many people have had this happen. MOLEX 504208-1610 is the P/N, you can find at least one seller on Ali who did a listing for me if you want to try fixing it.

I'd talk with your local shops and see if they're set up for 0.4mm pitch SMD repair. It's not hard if you have the right tools - I've gotten the process down to about 15 minutes now thanks to a solder stencil I made.

I've uploaded pictures of the process, you can use them to get quotes from local shops if you like.
IMG_20200605_150945.jpg IMG_20200605_153725.jpg IMG_20200605_154507.jpg IMG_20200605_154956.jpg IMG_20200605_155306.jpg IMG_20200605_162835.jpg IMG_20200605_163004.jpg IMG_20200605_174652.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...