Homebrew sd card being detected but not being read on my wii u

bestJester

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to homebrew my wii u. i have gotten as far as the browser exploit step. whenever i try the exploit, it hits me with the fsgetmountsource failed error. i then went into wii mode to see if the sd card is being read, and whenever i insert it the sd card icon turns blue and all that, but it says the device inserted in the sd card slot cannot be used. the one i am trying to use is a 64 gb micro sd card with the micro sd to sd adapter which has been formatted to fat32 with the 32 kb cluster size. i have cleaned out the sd card port (blown into it.....) inserted an sd card and taken it back out several times to perhaps clean it out further, but all to no avail. i have tried 4 other sd cards (one of which being a fat32 32kb cluster size 64 gb sd card but a normal one, then the other 3 being 2 or 4 gb sd cards which are formatted to fat32), and none of them have worked. i am suspecting it is a faulty sd card reader thing in my wii u basing from what i have researched, but i want to know if there is perhaps a sliver of hope before i give up/have to get the sd card reader part replaced.

thanks.

Malachi_tech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using a USB to SD card reader and see if it picks up, if it does pick up looks like you got a faulty SD card reader

To see if it reads do the steps listen below
1. Open the settings app
2. Go to data management
3. Select copy/move/delete data

If you dont see your USB to SD card reader in there, it means your Wii U/SD card needs fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto