Homebrew Sdcafiine problem

onlypuppy7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I appear to have forgotten how to load mods on Wii u, I tried from memory and first went into haxchi to install mochacfw, then went into the homebrew menu and installed sdcafiine, but that didn't work. Does anyone know what I have to do?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't install sdcafiine, you run it from the homebrew launcher and it will boot back to your Wii U menu with sd card reading access activated. You will not notice any changes whatsoever on your menu tho.

To load a mod for a game you must set up your sd card as follows

sd root/sdcafiine/title id of your chosen game and your region/content/your mod files go within the corresponding folders here

Where you got your mods should explain excactly where they should go. For example.... Mario Kart 8 driver mods would go in

sd root/sdcafiine/mk8 title id for your region/content/driver.

Once all files are in the correct place, boot sdcafiine then boot your game from the menu.

deniziors

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
You don't install sdcafiine, you run it from the homebrew launcher and it will boot back to your Wii U menu with sd card reading access activated. You will not notice any changes whatsoever on your menu tho.

To load a mod for a game you must set up your sd card as follows

sd root/sdcafiine/title id of your chosen game and your region/content/your mod files go within the corresponding folders here

Where you got your mods should explain excactly where they should go. For example.... Mario Kart 8 driver mods would go in

sd root/sdcafiine/mk8 title id for your region/content/driver.

Once all files are in the correct place, boot sdcafiine then boot your game from the menu.
I did all of those and still not working

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I'm not sure what to tell you at this point lol

Maybe be sure your sdcafiine is upto date and actually inside its folder within the wii u apps folder (if you see it in hbl then its in the right place but id download a fresh copy)

Make sure the title id of the game you want to mod is correct and specific to your region.

Make sure the mods you are trying actually work on console as there a lot that do not, depending on the game. Check source.

Nothing else i can think of as all of the above should work if done correctly however I use cbhc and have never used Mocha. I would assume you launch Mocha from hbl and then launch sdcafiine afterwards.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not sure what to tell you at this point lol

Maybe be sure your sdcafiine is upto date and actually inside its folder within the wii u apps folder (if you see it in hbl then its in the right place but id download a fresh copy)

Make sure the title id of the game you want to mod is correct and specific to your region.

Make sure the mods you are trying actually work on console as there a lot that do not, depending on the game. Check source.

Nothing else i can think of as all of the above should work if done correctly however I use cbhc and have never used Mocha. I would assume you launch Mocha from hbl and then launch sdcafiine afterwards.
that's correct. mocha should load sdcaffine like any other homebrew after launching mocha. I know that mocha is actually more compatible with homebrew than cbhc, though I use cbhc myself. not sure why exactly, but a few homebrew have issues with cbhc.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're not alone, my Smash 4 gets stuck at the splash screen forever when i load SDCafiine, while in Mario Kart 8 launches the game with absolutely nothing applied :(
Latest version... 5.5.5U firmware... Haxchi and Mocha (without CBHC)...what am i doing wrong here? Unsupported firmware perhaps? Probably not even to 5.5.6

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're not alone, my Smash 4 gets stuck at the splash screen forever when i load SDCafiine, while in Mario Kart 8 launches the game with absolutely nothing applied :(
Latest version... 5.5.5U firmware... Haxchi and Mocha (without CBHC)...what am i doing wrong here? Unsupported firmware perhaps? Probably not even to 5.5.6
Firmware is not your problem but one of your mods will be and that's why it fails to load.

What mod? I have no idea and neither will you unless you put it all together yourself and can test them individually to find it. Either that or contact the creator of your mods/mod pack?

When using mods its best not to lump many together as finding the one is just more hassle! If it's a pack then check it has been tested successfully on console and not just cemu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...