nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got a kingston sdhc 4gig and it sucks. it writes and reads alright in my computer but inside the ds most games take forever to load, about 2-3 minutes. it takes several seconds just to create a save file. if i have the patience for the game to finish loading it runs fine till you try to save .

very few games load normally. it doesn't seem to be dependent on size. a 32mb game will load as fast or as slow as 256mb

i tried it with a few cards. two dstts and one ez5. i also tried formatting it in many different ways. fat16 and fat32. with disk utility, command line, special software, my camera, pretty much everything under the sun.

so anyway, has anyone else experienced this problem? i got my card from amazon and it's going back to amazon first thing tomorrow. i'm not longer trying to fix (wasted a good part of my life trying), just curious if others have experienced this.

nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i didn't use the panasonic formatter, but i have the latest infolib along with with the latest unofficial menu and of course i tried the official menu too. i'm on mac and i accidentally wiped out my bootcamp partition while formatting the sd card
tongue.gif
freakin thing has been a nightmare.

i really think my sd card is just defective or there is an incompatibility.

i was able to run the formatter with crossover, but it won't recognize usb devices. i got excited for a minute
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hey there!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking energy drinks may as well be alcohol I remember chugging down 40oz half my body went numb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I don't even drink alcohol either.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my throat still hurts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Slightly less tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get well soon
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.