nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got a kingston sdhc 4gig and it sucks. it writes and reads alright in my computer but inside the ds most games take forever to load, about 2-3 minutes. it takes several seconds just to create a save file. if i have the patience for the game to finish loading it runs fine till you try to save .

very few games load normally. it doesn't seem to be dependent on size. a 32mb game will load as fast or as slow as 256mb

i tried it with a few cards. two dstts and one ez5. i also tried formatting it in many different ways. fat16 and fat32. with disk utility, command line, special software, my camera, pretty much everything under the sun.

so anyway, has anyone else experienced this problem? i got my card from amazon and it's going back to amazon first thing tomorrow. i'm not longer trying to fix (wasted a good part of my life trying), just curious if others have experienced this.

nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i didn't use the panasonic formatter, but i have the latest infolib along with with the latest unofficial menu and of course i tried the official menu too. i'm on mac and i accidentally wiped out my bootcamp partition while formatting the sd card
tongue.gif
freakin thing has been a nightmare.

i really think my sd card is just defective or there is an incompatibility.

i was able to run the formatter with crossover, but it won't recognize usb devices. i got excited for a minute
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: :rofl2: