Hardware Securities analyst- Wii U "competitive position has deteriorated&#

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm skipping on the Wii U. But I find it funny investors are jumping ship based on rumors. What happened to games not being about specs? Some people with their e-peens these days I swear....
The specs of a console determine what kind of games can be made for it. For example and purely hypothetical, you can't play Skyrim on it if it's not powerful enough.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WiiU isn't even out yet. So why are they worried it's not gonna do well when they don't have much solid ground to go on.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna post the same image from my first post in the "Wii U is shit" thread because it expresses the same feelings here:

*snip*

That definitely still applies, though personally, I'd go with this one:

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna post the same image from my first post in the "Wii U is shit" thread because it expresses the same feelings here:

*snip*

That definitely still applies, though personally, I'd go with this one:

*snip

I think threads like this deserve this actually.
1239883733_Angry_Video_Game_Nerd.gif

They would put Call of Duty on a calculator if they could. Other words, it would be odd for them not too supported it with COD.

I thought analysts are meant to at least speculate on facts, not rumors... :unsure:

edit: Feel that gif is better...

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything that does end up pushing the system graphically inevitably requires more refined and precise input. But the iPhone has nocontrols.
BEHOLD THE GREAT EQUALIZER.
I am still unsure as to why Sony's decided to put a SIM slot and a 3G module in the system and didn't include a headset and phone functionality when there was nothing in the way of doing so. I mean, imagine the scenario - you're in a coffee shop, drinking your coffee, bored out of your mind. You whip out the Vita, dial a number, scream into the headset "Bitch, it's KILLZONE time!", log onto the free WiFi and decimate someone. How is that *not* cool?

It's not like you can't do that with your cellphone, but hey - two devices in one is better. :P

It's called Skype. If I remember correctly, there is a Skype app for the Vita. You can even pay $2.99 monthly to be able to Skype call actual phone numbers in the US. You can also pay an extra roughly 18.99 for a phone number for your Skype account, -Just saying.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anything that does end up pushing the system graphically inevitably requires more refined and precise input. But the iPhone has nocontrols.
BEHOLD THE GREAT EQUALIZER.
I am still unsure as to why Sony's decided to put a SIM slot and a 3G module in the system and didn't include a headset and phone functionality when there was nothing in the way of doing so. I mean, imagine the scenario - you're in a coffee shop, drinking your coffee, bored out of your mind. You whip out the Vita, dial a number, scream into the headset "Bitch, it's KILLZONE time!", log onto the free WiFi and decimate someone. How is that *not* cool?

It's not like you can't do that with your cellphone, but hey - two devices in one is better. :P

It's called Skype. If I remember correctly, there is a Skype app for the Vita. You can even pay $2.99 monthly to be able to Skype call actual phone numbers in the US. You can also pay an extra roughly 18.99 for a phone number for your Skype account, -Just saying.
Skype does not equal GSM/CDMA phone support - it's just a voip service.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a headset functionality, you can buy an earphone/headset combo for the thing officially by Sony. I'm pretty sure it's in the starter kit too.

Technically you can kinda do that by sending a message to them or inviting them to a party and then go "BITCH IT'S KILLZONE TIME!"

EDIT: This is all assuming the coffee shop has WiFi (although what good Hipster Ceremonial Ground doesn't have WiFi?)
nah the headset doesn't come in the starter kit. they're just cheap ass $10 earphones that come with it.
and you can party someone over 3G and use voice chat, very much like a phone. i thought it was pretty cool, i was at a gas station and i partied my girlfriend, and we were talking as if it was a phone. it made me think they're gonna add mobile phone capabilities in the future.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Gotta love how a thread about the Wii U turns into one about the PS Vita and Open Pandora.

You guys are all fucking morons.
I'm not quite sure how it happened

I bet it's Guild and Foxi's fault.
Somehow to alot of people its always guild and foxi's fault.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Considering Guild is a self-branded Nintendo hater (He's claimed it himself in numerous posts before, as if you needed any proof), and tries to instigate flame wars to no end, in every single Nintendo topic, it's not surprising why most people act that way. He's a petty troll and flame war instigator that seems to get away with no consequence at all, meanwhile Valwin is subject to harassment for his poor English and "spicy" news titles...At least Valwin posts news.

Foxi isn't really a problem, and he doesn't purposely make it his goal to troll Nintendo threads and piss off every Nintendo fan, although he has a tendency to ride the hate bandwagon like a lot of members have started doing lately (Not going to name names, but it's not hard to see who it is).

Reactions: 2 people

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Considering Guild is a self-branded Nintendo hater (He's claimed it himself in numerous posts before, as if you needed any proof), and tries to instigate flame wars to no end, in every single Nintendo topic, it's not surprising why most people act that way. He's a petty troll and flame war instigator that seems to get away with no consequence at all, meanwhile Valwin is subject to harassment for his poor English and "spicy" news titles...At least Valwin posts news.

Foxi isn't really a problem, and he doesn't purposely make it his goal to troll Nintendo threads and piss off every Nintendo fan, although he has a tendency to ride the hate bandwagon like a lot of members have started doing lately (Not going to name names, but it's not hard to see who it is).
I'm sad that I didn't get a mention there :(
Also, people, stop posting so much Rumours and Speculation as NEWS!!!

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

Really? from what I see valwin trolls much much harder than guild does but its just that guild is more active in the discussion so it just seems like he does it more.

Your talking about me right?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love how a thread about the Wii U turns into one about the PS Vita and Open Pandora.
let's face it. who really cares about the wii u at this point?
David Gibson at Macquarie Capital Securities cares about it.... he earns money making shit articles about it

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

let's face it. who really cares about the wii u at this point?
Well, uh, given we have a speculation thread every couple days it's clear a lot of people here do. And the Wii U's E3 is in two months you know.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
David Gibson at Macquarie Capital Securities cares about it.... he earns money making shit articles about it
david gibson at macquire capital isn't on gbatemp, is he? or am i missing something...

Well, uh, given we have a speculation thread every couple days it's clear a lot of people here do. And the Wii U's E3 is in two months you know.
we have threads about lots of stuff posted every single day. doesn't mean we all care about 'em.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/W-k8itKhZzE?si=x1FjAoq74Jv0TAUx +1