Hacking Seedminer or wait for smealum's exploit guide

Gorizon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have bought new 2ds xl with 11.4 firmware. Should I update to 11.8 and use seedminer method, or wait for installation guide of smealum's exploit?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go with flashcard. You get the benefit of playing DS games without any hassle.
I am going to give a +1 to this post and follow it up with a recommendation.
I suggest the R4i Gold Plus from nds-card.com. Not only do you get a cart that can be used for NTRBoot, but it also has a switch allowing you to switch between NTRBoot and NDS-Mode. And NDS-Card helps support the Temp and is a trustworthy site! (I am not paid to promote this)

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have bought new 2ds xl with 11.4 firmware. Should I update to 11.8 and use seedminer method, or wait for installation guide of smealum's exploit?
If you really want to mod ASAP, use Seedminer since the price is really negligible, on the other hand if you feel patient, wait a few days/weeks for Smea's exploits.

Go with flashcard. You get the benefit of playing DS games without any hassle.
The issue with NTRboot is that even the cheapest cart costs €10/$10 and since most ship from China it usually takes around two weeks to arrive

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are all good replies. First reply costs $10+free shipping and comes from china, but it's currently the most effective way to play NDS games.

Second reply basically summarizes the cheap option: Update to 11.8 and spend $2, or wait until smealum's new free exploit becomes available.

Or maybe you happen to have a DSiWare game like Zelda: Four Swords already or any other DSiWare on this list. If you do, you don't need any of these, and can do the exploit for free.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home