• Replies 39
  • Likes 19

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just do an n64 or ps1 emulator already
That's why devs hate being devs some days.
"How could you dare wasting time on sh*t instead of releasing a N64 or PS1 emu right now?!"
Oh what a world we're living in. Be thankful for what you've got!

Apart of that @mods please close or merge this thread as it's pretty pointless.
This is nothing but another (great) core for RetroArch and we already have a thread for that:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-switch.492920/

Reactions: ploggy

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's why devs hate being devs some days.
"How could you dare wasting time on sh*t instead of releasing a N64 or PS1 emu right now?!"
Oh what a world we're living in. Be thankful for what you've got!

Apart of that @mods please close or merge this thread as it's pretty pointless.
This is nothing but another (great) core for RetroArch and we already have a thread for that:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-switch.492920/
Because no portable Nintendo system has been able to emulate the n64 or ps1 well.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because no portable Nintendo system has been able to emulate the n64 or ps1 well.
No one here is not waiting for those gems to come but that's no reason to yell that the "f*cking devs should hurry to fulfill your needs instead of porting useless old console cores" because that's how your post sounded tbh. ;)
You can't wait for those? Become a dev and get started. If you're the first one to port them to the Switch I promise you everyone here is going to kiss your feet.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
So because Sonic is available on the switch already that makes the Sega core of RetroArch useless??

STFU. There are other games on the Genesis/Mega Drive platform that people want to play. Instead of acting self entitled and thinking you are more important than the rest of us, kindly keep your mouth shut and wait PATIENTLY for the emulator you want or make it yourself.

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Very nice, first emulators for Switch.

If we take advantage of the Switch's power, it could very well be a neat emulator station.

Retro consoles, PS1 and N64 should run great. Gamecube/Wii is already there due to VC. Would be nice if the Switch could pull off PS2, but even without it it's more than enough.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you more clearly state what was accomplished? Is this an emulator? If so, which emulator? What exact game?
From the looks of it. Its a genesis core, and the first sonic game.

I wish I had the skills to make a coinops/hyperspin style front end. That would be epic on the switch.

Last edited by reminon,
D

Deleted User

OP
People want N64 and PS1 but dont even know how much pain in the ass it is to port those stuff over , we dont have GPU Support and also not JIT (you need Kernelhax for that) but yeah.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this Sonic Mania mod is looking great /s

Anyways this is cool, I can't wait to be able to play some Genisis games

Wow, how contributory of you to use praise. /s Anyways, it's a shame that only a limited no. of users can take advantage of this.

People want N64 and PS1 but dont even know how much pain in the ass it is to port those stuff over , we dont have GPU Support and also not JIT (you need Kernelhax for that) but yeah.

A lot of these people remind me of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka "But I want it now!" Yeah, if they want N64 and PSX emulators, they should RTFM and do it themselves.

Sega is already on Nintendo switch sonic forces and sonic mania are on the switch op.

Gee, really? I never would've figured that out.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Libnx just got a JIT API, so perhaps that could help:
https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx/blob/master/nx/include/switch/kernel/jit.h

As for GPU, I'm afraid that's not possible yet.

Also, one more thing @Natehaxx
I would highly encourage you to post any subsequent RetroArch news on the official thread here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-switch.492920/

As that one is where all the RetroArch Switch stuff is being gathered at :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol