Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey there! Im sorry i didnt find the time to make a video.. but got some pictures for you:

A89F19D3-FF50-41EE-8415-64ACEDDB39E3.jpeg
8E379499-EC26-4905-BFBF-BF2A40321400.jpeg
65FD2356-C5C1-48FC-8317-270ACAED51CE.jpeg
7E80B41A-69FD-45DE-B8BE-EF982133DCEE.jpeg
F7D6B813-58B3-4A56-B332-D1D2E8B01F64.jpeg
F6A1F44C-6210-4871-86D6-11D634B71A49.jpeg

You may will not believe it but i didnt played any game since i have the flashback :-D but my goal is.. as far everything is running to make a pizza buy some cool drinks and chill with my son and play the whole evening :-D... lets hope its soon done!

Last edited by Hekel,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello everyone, would you mind if I ask a question?
I see that you're adding Sega Pico roms, but how did you manage to setup controls for Magic Pen and Storyware cartridges?
Yes, Picodrive is the only emulator that has support for Pico inputs, but I've never seen them to actually work in Picodrive that runs through Retroarch.
Even though, I don't have a Sega Flashback myself, I'm curious if this can be achieved with Retroarch for other systems.
Good luck with your projects!

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello everyone, would you mind if I ask a question?
I see that you're adding Sega Pico roms, but how did you manage to setup controls for Magic Pen and Storyware cartridges?
Yes, Picodrive is the only emulator that has support for Pico inputs, but I've never seen them to actually work in Picodrive that runs through Retroarch.
Even though, I don't have a Sega Flashback myself, I'm curious if this can be achieved with Retroarch for other systems.
Good luck with your projects!

Its hard to say how i try to manage this, i guess most easy option would be with additional hardware and a new config. But as for now its more important that it is running. As far the programm is working i will start to mess around with retroarch itself. Till then i cant give any direct answer..

Reactions: redunka

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Its hard to say how i try to manage this, i guess most easy option would be with additional hardware and a new config. But as for now its more important that it is running. As far the programm is working i will start to mess around with retroarch itself. Till then i cant give any direct answer..
Well, it's actually not that hard to "run" Pico roms, literally any Megadrive emulator should be able do that, because of almost identical hardware. :)
They just won't be playable without Pico-specific controls emulation, which Picodrive supposed to have.
I hope you'll be able to make those controls work (perhaps a mouse could work for Magic Pen?), that would be awesome to play those little games!

Reactions: Hekel

Menzo1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! Im sorry i didnt find the time to make a video.. but got some pictures for you:

View attachment 112016 View attachment 112017 View attachment 112018 View attachment 112019 View attachment 112020 View attachment 112021

You may will not believe it but i didnt played any game since i have the flashback :-D but my goal is.. as far everything is running to make a pizza buy some cool drinks and chill with my son and play the whole evening :-D... lets hope its soon done!
Here is a new Update: It shows some of the changes i made. And i introduce for the first time the MEGA CD/SEGA CD Support on the Mega Drive/Genesis Flashback HD!

this is awesome. but when i dont add any pico games will it show up in the menu or will it be hidden?

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

View attachment 112016 View attachment 112017 View attachment 112018 View attachment 112019 View attachment 112020 View attachment 112021

Well @Hekel when that day comes i hope you and your son have lots of fun and stay up all night :)

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
I startet now to configure the controllers thanks go @asper its a easy thing as we can map what ever we like. I saw that retroarch has a rewind function.. the question is if its working. If it doesnt i will check for another way to save the game

Reactions: asper

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Played around with the controls and im nearly done. All configs where working as they should. Start is working and if you press menu you get back into the retroshield select menü! But rewind doesnt works as it seems the core doesnt support it. Now my question what should i do with the rewind button? I could use it as select (doesnt exist on the actual console) but we could acess the retroarch menu by pressing rewind and start.. so is the possibility for save-load given.

Another idea is to use player 1 rewind button for save. And player 2 rewind button to load.

Last edited by Hekel,
Reactions: JackMonty

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Maybe a bit silly but i increased the flashback cartridge support.. you can now pull in a 32x game and play it from retroshield xD.. funny addition :-P

*and no you dont need a 32x to do that xD

Reactions: Ulmez

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a bit silly but i increased the flashback cartridge support.. you can now pull in a 32x game and play it from retroshield xD.. funny addition :-P

*and no you dont need a 32x to do that xD
You mean that an original 32x cartridge fits into Flashback cartridge slot ? It can be because jap cartridegs fit too...

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Im still playing around with the console im now able to completly run: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 1 and 2 and CD for android by christian whitehead. Which is pretty cool. Just that you know sonic the hedgehog 4 boots... but it looks like the system is a way to slow to handle it. After the sega/sonic logo the game crashes.

Reactions: asper

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im still playing around with the console im now able to completly run: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 1 and 2 and CD for android by christian whitehead. Which is pretty cool. Just that you know sonic the hedgehog 4 boots... but it looks like the system is a way to slow to handle it. After the sega/sonic logo the game crashes.
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 1 and 2 and CD for android ohh would like to play that :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments