Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Does anyone know here if its possible to hack the Atari Flashback Gold?

I know it haves a simulare hardware but looks like informations are hard to come by..

But what i readed so far it runs android haves an different storeplace for the roms and it needs s modification to acess?

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
E0F53F8B-6B19-4D40-B3B8-CA0FCB6556F5.jpeg

I know it haves a simulare hardware but looks like informations are hard to come by..

But what i readed so far it runs android haves an different storeplace for the roms and it needs s modification to acess?

Not hard to put a USB port the rest I leave that to you

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, it is. It's nearly identical to the Genesis/MD Flashback. It even has remnants of the Genesis emulator in the data/data folder. You just have to add header pins and then you can connect a standard usb connector, except the ground is one pin over so I pulled that connector out of the plastic housing of my usb connector and moved it over one pin.

DSCI2630ATG.jpg DSCI2631ATG.jpg

I have an Activision Edition and a standard Gold HD edition. I got the standard Gold one recently and it has a 4GB flash the same as the Activision one and the newer Genesis ones. From what I've read, some of the earlier ones were 2GB and had the obb file, but both of mine are the newer 4GB ones. I'd guess that all Activision Editions are the 4GB models because they were released a month or so after the Gold ones.

I've added games to both of them. The emulation is a little better than the handheld, but does have some of the same issues, so roms hacked to work with the handheld seem to work on this as well. Ex: Tapper displays too low on the screen, so it was hacked to work with the handheld's emulator and that rom displays fine on these.

Last edited by Excalibur007,

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allright. Modded mine.. now its a dev unit xD.. otg support with hub. Yay.. and i dumped mine aswell will see what i can do with the files.

View attachment 112448
View attachment 112449
I’m glad to see your pics. I was debating on where to permanently install the usb. I had planned to put it in the back, but then, because of the hdmi port, started considering putting it exactly where you put yours. Seeing yours there confirms that it does indeed look nice. :)

Reactions: Hekel

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
I’m glad to see your pics. I was debating on where to permanently install the usb. I had planned to put it in the back, but then, because of the hdmi port, started considering putting it exactly where you put yours. Seeing yours there confirms that it does indeed look nice. :)
Well first i was thinking to put it beside the power connector.. then i was thinking in front of the controller ports bit .. wouldnt fit well there.. then i came up with the idea i chosen at the end.

Last edited by Hekel,

JackMonty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey There
This is a little Patch for the Original Dashboard to replace some Covers.

FIXES:

SEGA GAME GEAR:
- Change all Covers to PAL (Looks like ATGAMES preffered the US Ones..)

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM:
- Updates the SNAIL MAZE Cover
- Updates the ASSAULT CITY Cover (There is no Zapper support)

SEGA MEGA DRIVE:
- Updates the VECTORMAN 2 Cover (From Genesis to the Brasil Mega Drive Release)

This is great! One quick question - is this okay to run even though I have a symlink to the all-games.ini file?

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is great! One quick question - is this okay to run even though I have a symlink to the all-games.ini file?
If the games where not sorted correctly (dunno how symlink exact works) just place it manually to the symlink folder. Then it should work. But if you have custom games installed backup youre ini before overwriting!

You will have to copy the entries again.

I found 4 pcs of the atari flashback HD for less than 90$ ..

I modded number 2:

9E77D763-690A-42C3-B8EB-B0973FD7457F.jpeg

1D80A86E-7EBE-44E1-9A77-763D59674977.jpeg

Last edited by Hekel,
Reactions: I0601889

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I put mine back to default and removed the symlink because when you left the dashboard it would hang when getting back to the original dashboard ha r a look back near the start of all the post @Hekel post a bat file that fixed it for me

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
What a shame.. im playing with my Mega Drive Flashback DE version. I recognized there some games completly missing!

MD:
Mortal Kombat (Rom incl. - no MK section)
Mortal Kombat II (Rom incl. - no MK section)
Mortal Kombat 3 (Rom incl. - no MK section)

SMS:
Astro Warriors (No Rom)
Kenseiden (No Rom)
Kung Fu Kid (No Rom)
Psycho Fox (No Rom)
The Ninja (No Rom)

This is a total ripoff.. everyone pays the same price and some gets less games than others? Makes me sick -_-...

I can understand if there was troubles with the MK brand but what about the SMS games?

And the Store Sellers lies on us xD they promise the sms games where included..

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What a shame.. im playing with my Mega Drive Flashback DE version. I recognized there some games completly missing!

MD:
Mortal Kombat (Rom incl. - no MK section)
Mortal Kombat II (Rom incl. - no MK section)
Mortal Kombat 3 (Rom incl. - no MK section)

SMS:
Astro Warriors (No Rom)
Kenseiden (No Rom)
Kung Fu Kid (No Rom)
Psycho Fox (No Rom)
The Ninja (No Rom)

This is a total ripoff.. everyone pays the same price and some gets less games than others? Makes me sick -_-...

I can understand if there was troubles with the MK brand but what about the SMS games?

And the Store Sellers lies on us xD they promise the sms games where included..

Early version of the flashback?. The Australian version which I got for Christmas has the MK section , I do remember reading online that early version did not have the MK section

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Early version of the flashback?. The Australian version which I got for Christmas has the MK section , I do remember reading online that early version did not have the MK section

Well i dont think so i recognized there even more games missing than i mentioned in the other post i made. I guess its simply the german version.. who knows why.

Menzo1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i dont think so i recognized there even more games missing than i mentioned in the other post i made. I guess its simply the german version.. who knows why.

i've seen 2 different versions of the flashback. one with mk games and one without mk games.
maybe there are like the atari flashback different versions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i've seen 2 different versions of the flashback. one with mk games and one without mk games.
maybe there are like the atari flashback different versions.

https://www.amazon.de/Drive-Flashback-inkl-Spielen-Board/dp/B0783PCRQP

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/sega-megadrive-mini-hd-inkl-85-spielen/9200000077590885/

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Does anyone here haves a RAW Dump of the original GENESIS 4GB (NOT OBB) Mega Drive Flashback HD?

I Managed to buy and get RAW Dumps (Means untouched not played any game instead directly plugged in to make a dump) of These versions:

MD-AU (PROVIDED)
MD-DE (SELFMADE)
MD-EU (SELFMADE)
GEN-USA-OBB (2GB) (PROVIDED)
* Any other version that is missing is welcome aswell!
* I ordered a USA GENESIS i think it will have the 4GB non OBB version on it. I will inform you when i know more.

if someone haves any other dumps it would be very helpfull to optimize my upcoming new CUSTOM-ORIGINAL Dashboard.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Hekel,

Ckunak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here haves a RAW Dump of the original GENESIS 4GB (NOT OBB) Mega Drive Flashback HD?

I Managed to buy and get RAW Dumps (Means untouched not played any game instead directly plugged in to make a dump) of These versions:

MD-AU (PROVIDED)
MD-DE (SELFMADE)
MD-EU (SELFMADE)
GEN-USA-OBB (2GB) (PROVIDED)
* Any other version that is missing is welcome aswell!
* I ordered a USA GENESIS i think it will have the 4GB non OBB version on it. I will inform you when i know more.

if someone haves any other dumps it would be very helpfull to optimize my upcoming new CUSTOM-ORIGINAL Dashboard.

Thanks in advance for any help.
i sent you my dump a few weeks back

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A video of @WD_Gaster new launcher. i love the way it looks. Good Job!
And Hekel boot screen is awesome also

Last edited by Ckunak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay